What is the IAM/AFA waiting for...?

to my understanding mainline aircraft was utilized for that operation...the 757?

we have to interview for sports charter (but that depends on the client, usually there are dedicated Flight Attendants) or for special assignment positions..

a route to CDG from India or did they fly into the United States?
we have Pacific IFSR that flies into the US, but are not assigned the Flight Attendant position, they serve as interpreter (but are under the direction of the Purser and may be assigned additional tasks), generally two are aboard.

we have country to country flying outside the US, and we fly together US Flight Attendants and Pacific Flight Attendants including a US Purser..

I hope that your decision to go to CAL was the right one, and most importantly, you are happy.

Yes it was our Delta aircraft used for Song and there is a big difference between applying for special assignment flying. The big difference is you are employeed, and willing to interview for special services. We at Song were all on furlough and we were not doing any type of special flying. We were flying 199 seat 757's with 4 f/a's and selling everything, including beach towels and baby food. If that in your eye's count's as "special" flying", then I don't know what to tell you. In my eye's I was doing the same job, for the same airline, minus first class, and working harder with less f/a's, and selling everything on the plane all while making less money. So it's an apples to orange comparison. Would you like to have to interview to do the same job, on the same places for less money?

I guess the best way to compair it would be if NWA bought in E190's and had flight attendant's on furlough. Instead off recalling those on furlough to fly the planes under NWA's F/A contract. They would interview those on the street and offer them less money, no contract, all while working for the same company. The
pilot's would remain mainline, under mainline rate's. Is that fair and would that be o.k. with you?

As for the out sourced flying, it was completely out sourced, enough said. We never had the option to fly it, when crew from India were doing it for about 500.00 a month.

What are the timelines on NMB issuing a union election for class and craft on the DL NW properties? Has the NMB issue a union election? Has the unions file for a union election?

Yes it was our Delta aircraft used for Song and there is a big difference between applying for special assignment flying. The big difference is you are employeed, and willing to interview for special services. We at Song were all on furlough and we were not doing any type of special flying. We were flying 199 seat 757's with 4 f/a's and selling everything, including beach towels and baby food.
well it definitely is a different concept thats for sure, regarding the beach towels.. but you know, its not so different to me than selling duty free, or meals or whatever else they can put a price tag on.. you know in a way..I am glad we do sell some foods..in the past I can recall so much food going to waste and headed right into the trash! or when someone received a complimentary meal and took one bite and said "that is disgusting" and didn't touch anything else. a lot of people appreciated the meals but then a lot of the waste of meals really bothered me..
(I do notice the quality of complimentary first class meals has improved today and many customers comment positively..)
If that in your eye's count's as "special" flying", then I don't know what to tell you. In my eye's I was doing the same job, for the same airline, minus first class, and working harder with less f/a's, and selling everything on the plane all while making less money. So it's an apples to orange comparison. Would you like to have to interview to do the same job, on the same places for less money?
so I assume all Song Flight Attendants started out at first year pay? (personally thought the uniforms were very nice)
I guess the best way to compair it would be if NWA bought in E190's and had flight attendant's on furlough. Instead off recalling those on furlough to fly the planes under NWA's F/A contract. They would interview those on the street and offer them less money, no contract, all while working for the same company. The
pilot's would remain mainline, under mainline rate's. Is that fair and would that be o.k. with you?
fair to me? probably not!
As for the out sourced flying, it was completely out sourced, enough said. We never had the option to fly it, when crew from India were doing it for about 500.00 a month.
:eek: (that would not be a good idea going forward)

Delta management is in "the catbird seat" when it comes to "doing something" about the union question. They don't have to DO anything. Eventually all of the contracts will come due for negotiation. Delta can stick it hardline and if the unions walk then they walk. They take a page from the NW book and hire replacements. Regardless of what a wonderful president any of you think we have, he won't step in to a union fight at one airline. Don't expect Delta to agree to open negotiations early.
If you belong to a union that has in the past crossed a legal picket line, then Delta knows that your union will do it again. And the IAM did it at northwest. As soon as the strikers see that their jobs are going to new hired SCABS, they will begin rushing to get across the line. The only hope for an IAM union member at Delta is for the IAM to call for their entire membership in every local to take a few days off in order to show how the country would stop running if they did. Unfortunately, the IAM would NEVER do this. This isn't Poland after all.

Latest posts