What is the plan for aircraft interior conformity?

AA191

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
What is the plan on the aircraft interiors? With two different interior patterns and layouts, what is the plan for the conformity of all aircraft to the same interior colors, galley equipment, entertainment, First Class configuration and etc...???

They can't even DECIDE on Coke or Pepsi products and you want to have them choose between fabics/configurations/commonalities. :lol:

What is the plan on the aircraft interiors? With two different interior patterns and layouts, what is the plan for the conformity of all aircraft to the same interior colors, galley equipment, entertainment, First Class configuration and etc...???
It will be a long time before you see any changes to the interior. Having galleys similar on aircraft is not a revenue generator.

Many of our 737- 300 and 400 have different galley cofigurations after all these years. One would assume that the galley config. is not going to change. Hell, even some of the doors in the galleys are a dark color. Galley differences really aren't a major adjustment to handle.

They can't even DECIDE on Coke or Pepsi products and you want to have them choose between fabics/configurations/commonalities. :lol:
I would rather have the company spend their time & money on decisions that will have a positive impact on the bottom line right away. The "design" of the interiors? Absolutely no big deal. The configuration? Can be confusing once we are under 2 certificates, but again not a huge thing. I would like to see the same number of seats in the same aircraft type, but they should NOT spend money on that right now.

I would like to see the same number of seats in the same aircraft type, but they should NOT spend money on that right now.
[/quote]

U R correct! If an A320 has 150 seats and we switch to another A320 that has 140 that causes problems. AWA was in the process of getting all AC in a fleet to have the same seating config, but as for as anything else that is just asthetics and even the seating while nice isn't a priority. And things like galley's or carpet will be done strictly on an as needed/scheduled basis only not just to make them all look the same. Interior mods are very, very expensive!

We've had some odd ball 737-300s for awhile and are in the process of reconfiguring the interiors to a semi-standard configuration. I wouldn't expect a mass reconfiguration of anything for a longtime. I was on a 737-300 to Vegas on Saturday and the entire interior seating was dark blue EXCEPT for ONE seat that was light blue. Boy did that stick out like a sore thumb. Had to fly Southwest to get back on a new 737-800. That was sweet. I did notice what seemed to be excessive engine noise roar...is there different levels of insulation as an option when ordering an aircraft?

Since when did the LUV birds get 737-800s? Awful nice a/c to be subject to the Turd brown or Pu**y Blue paint travesty.