What New Routes From Dfw / Post Wright

jimntx,

I find most of your logic hard to follow--and I find your logic even harder to find. Let's see: you support your airline (AA) to the end, you believe that the Wright amendment protects AA, and you are willing to put forth any position--even poor and very biased ones--to support the WA. If there's any more to your posts please make it obvious. It gets lost in the rest.

To the rest who continuously counter jimntx, please keep up the good work.

bwipilot said:
jimntx,

I find most of your logic hard to follow--and I find your logic even harder to find. Let's see: you support your airline (AA) to the end, you believe that the Wright amendment protects AA, and you are willing to put forth any position--even poor and very biased ones--to support the WA. If there's any more to your posts please make it obvious. It gets lost in the rest.

To the rest who continuously counter jimntx, please keep up the good work.
[post="282938"][/post]​

Well, I realize that thinking about something other than what you are being served in your crew meal probably causes your head to hurt; so, don't even try.

jimntx said:
Well, I realize that thinking about something other than what you are being served in your crew meal probably causes your head to hurt; so, don't even try.
[post="282967"][/post]​
Pssst, Jim! SWA doesn't serve inflight meals to anyone - crewmembers included! Guess you need to do a little more research on Southwest Airlines so your comments can be credible ... or is that edible?
:lol:

corl737 said:
Pssst, Jim! SWA doesn't serve inflight meals to anyone - crewmembers included! Guess you need to do a little more research on Southwest Airlines so your comments can be credible ... or is that edible?
:lol:
[post="282974"][/post]​

Fortunately, your opinion of me is not really any of my business. And, I have flown SWA enough as a passenger to know all I need to know about them. Whether they serve crew meals or not is of no consequence. Bwipilot evidently does not like to have to think too much. He likes things spelled out in big block letters with no compound sentences or multi-syllable words.

TheDog2004 said:
Southwest will not be allowed to have 14 of 16 gates if all of the airlines I mentioned wanted to start service ASAP. Southwest will either give up some of their current space and shelve their growth plans until the expansion is completed or they (and the city of Dallas or whomever controls Love Field) will get sued. And Southwest will lose and have a lot of egg on their face.
[post="282800"][/post]​
Sued? On what basis?

I know we've gone lawsuit crazy in this country, but I can't think of any reason that Southwest would be liable to suit in the case. Unless there is a provision in their lease that forces them to give up gates under certain conditions, your musings here are just fantasy.

jimntx said:
... I have flown SWA enough as a passenger to know all I need to know about them.
[post="283011"][/post]​

Thank you for being honest about not having an interest in actually learning how SWA works. So if I read you critiquing the number of peanuts in a bag or the fluffiness of a pillow I'll tend to consider you an expert. Anything you post related to business practices or other operational issues I'll read purely for the entertainment value.

And don't feel singled out. I have a "credibility factor" assigned to every single person who posts messages here. Most people take a little more time to figure out, but eventually they're reveal where they stand on the "purveyor of facts"-vs-"blurter of opinions" scale. (I hope to reside somewhere on the fact side of the scale however I recognize even my best attempts aren't perfect. Life requires that I don't always spend hours researching my attempts to respond to unsupported viewpoints.)

Split the difference.

Allow thru-ticketing today from DAL. Give 2 or 3 years for the "full" repeal, and the DAL folks announce they'll build out up to and including the master plan maximum number of gates--if demand warrants.

jimntx said:
Actually, you're wrong but that's ok. Even if you count the "gates" (aka covered walkways) at the satellite terminal, we don't have 94 gates. Also, it's my understanding that the jetbridges at the gates in Terminal B have been modified for use on the RJs that AE uses. You can't even pull a S80 up to one anymore. By the way, the satellite terminal is being demolished when International flights move to Terminal D.
Yes, and as many of the SWA cheerleaders have pointed out, it is "illegal" for AA to use those gates for anything other than office space. We "borrowed" gate space from another airline (CO?) to operate the flights competing with Legend. Funny how SWA wants AA to toe the mark on every Love/DFW agreement made in the last 40 years, but wants to overturn the ones they originally agreed to and are a party to.
[post="282916"][/post]​

Count em on DFWairport.com. AMR has 94 including A2A-A2N, other airlines have about 50.

The LUV bs you posted has been slaughtered by others on here, so I won't even bother with that.

Which Satellite terminal? E22-E30?

KCFlyer said:
Didn't AA quite providing pillows?
[post="283174"][/post]​
Precisely why I chose that example of something about SWA that he could critique! :D

MAH4546 said:
What are you talking about? The point of repealing the amendement is to not fly from DFW. Unless you meant to say DAL?

Also, it isn't "when", it is "if".
[post="282659"][/post]​

As it looks SW might have to face the music and start thinking about Plan "M"! "M" like move! There are some strong minds out there that will do anything to keep sticking it up to SW. The new bill that is introduced will close DAL for all commercial flights and is getting a lot of new support.

Just in case that will pass, good luck SW. It might be that they might consider to move to LAS. Biggest Hub for SW. Not good for TX but good for NV.

Fighting two wars at the same time (DAL & SEA) is not a good move by the management. And loosing in DAL could set the tone for SEA.

What routes out of DAL will see a reduction if Wright is lifted? Some current routes will no doubt have to be abandoned if all these new routes are going to be added?

s80dude said:
What routes out of DAL will see a reduction if Wright is lifted? Some current routes will no doubt have to be abandoned if all these new routes are going to be added?
[post="283351"][/post]​

There is a lot of doubt that any routes would be abandoned if the Wright Amendment were repealed. Some routes may be scaled back (maybe go DAL-HOU only 25 times a day instead of 29?) but I doubt there would be any immediate loss of service to any city. Plus, there are still 100+ new Boeing 737-700 aircraft deliveries on tap in the next 4 years. Wanna guess where some of them would go?
:up:

-- C

sfb said:
I believe it is the 1E satellite terminal, the small American Eagle remote terminal to the north of Terminal A, which contains gates A2A to A2N.
[post="283295"][/post]​

Good! I missed a flight from A2 one time that I could have made were it in the main terminal, all thanks to the long bus ride. :angry:

Latest posts