What signing a Teamsters Card gets You

You hit it on the head. I agree and have been preaching this to the Teamsters supporters. They just do not get it when you show them facts. If it comes from a AMFA supporter they automatically deny everything you say.

You hit it on the head. I agree and have been preaching this to the Teamsters supporters. They just do not get it when you show them facts. If it comes from a AMFA supporter they automatically deny everything you say.

"You can't fix Stupid"

Are the Teamster dues 2.5 all in rate or just the base rate?

I believe its "all in", premiums are included plus they had a high initiation fee. IIRC it was $100 over 30 years ago. So they would charge us around $300 a year more than we are paying now, thats after tax.

In reality thats a minor issue. It comes out to two OTs per year but if they actually delivered on their promises and got us what UAL and CAL get, just the week of vacation would more than pay for the increase in dues at least three times over. Add in the Holidays and we would be way ahead, the question is would they be able to keep that promise. The TWU promised to get that all back with the 2006 Early openers, that never happened, and now we are looking at 2018 before that will be revisted, unless they want the merger to go quickly. The question is would they deliver on their promises? What has their track record been so far compared to what we have? Would we just be paying more to get six instead of half a dozen?

[sup]Higher dues and a broke pension fund. Why would anyone want any part of that?[/sup]

They are salesmen, trying to get us to buy into a deal where we pay even more to have appointed people telling us what we are worth, than we are paying now. They will promise you the world but will they deliver? Yes they did a great job with UPS, but they did not do as well with CAL and UAL. In fact they discourage their passenger airline guys from even comparing themselves to UPS (by the way in 2003 we made around the same, they kept pace with inflation, we did not). Sure they could blame that on us at AA and US, strangely they dont, and there would be some truth to that, but if someone attempts to start a relationship based on lies one has to think long and hard what that relationship will be like in the future should we consummate it.

At the end of the day, by their very actions the IBT has shown that they dont believe Passenger Airline Mechanics are worth what the UPS guys, (who have their own Local by the way), get. They avoid even talking about them. Its almost as if Local 2727 is something of a pariah. (http://www.local2727.org/) "How dare them extract a fair wage from UPS!!"

Their Passenger airline mechanics from UAL and CAL are not put into 2727 nor were they offered their own Locals despite being a much much larger group. Local 2727 has 1100 guys and they have their own Local, the new UAL will have around 10,000 and they are split up into Locals from all over the place. Why arent mechanics at UAL put into one local like the much smaller UPS membership or even added to 2727? My guess is that 2727 doesnt want guys who they probably feel sold out the profession and they didnt contribute to organizing the mechanics at UAL, So, those Locals that did are thus entitled to the spoils. Thats what we would be as well, the spoils in an arena where our interests are of no consequence. Thats why they lie, because once they get what they want they wont have to deal with us anymore anyway, they will move on to the next drive. Is it really in the best interests for the UAL mechanics in SFO to be split between two Locals, one in LAX?

When I asked the leader of the WN mechanics why the mechanics decertified the IBT after the IBT got them an Industry Leading contract he said "The IBT didnt get us anything, we were getting that no matter who was there". He went on to say that the IBT was basically an absentee union, their dues were taken and they really didnt get anything from them. They refused to arbitrate anything, even most termination cases and were completely unresponsive to the membership. They only showed up when they realized there was a card drive for AMFA, and by then it was way too late. Their thug-like approach only added fuel to the fire.
Bob, of those 1100 guys at UPS over half of them are part time. If UPS decides they only need a part time guy on a plane they can lay off the full time and hire a part time off the street, if a full timer doesn't accept the position. If he does accept the part time position he loses seniority on the full time seniority list.. All of these thing make me think the ibt may have allowed this just to use them at the top of a pay chart? I see them trying to hammer AMFA as swa in mechanics per aircraft (in their pay chart), yet at UPS it's not much more than 1 full time mechanic per aircraft if at all.

Bob, of those 1100 guys at UPS over half of them are part time. If UPS decides they only need a part time guy on a plane they can lay off the full time and hire a part time off the street, if a full timer doesn't accept the position. If he does accept the part time position he loses seniority on the full time seniority list.. All of these thing make me think the ibt may have allowed this just to use them at the top of a pay chart? I see them trying to hammer AMFA as swa in mechanics per aircraft (in their pay chart), yet at UPS it's not much more than 1 full time mechanic per aircraft if at all.

Didn't hear that from the guys at JFK.

The teamsters are a scab union. Scabsters. Aka.....teamsters
Yes, they have former Continental airlines scabs acting as business agents.
They are selling out the United Airlines Mechanics.
The teamsters made many promises they haven't kept just to win representation and
They are using the same tactics to win over the American Airlines Mechanics.
Now I know why Southwest Mechanics kick out the scabsters.
Speak to Ual Mechaics and listen to them.
AA Mechanics , don't make the same mistake as Ual Mechanics.

Latest posts

Back