It's time to sign a AMFA card

ob·ses·sion
əbˈseSHən/
noun
noun: obsession

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"he cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"

an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"
synonyms: fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobbyhorse; More

Reactions: 1 person
ob·ses·sion
əbˈseSHən/
noun
noun: obsession

the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
"he cared for him with a devotion bordering on obsession"

an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
plural noun: obsessions
"he was in the grip of an obsession he was powerless to resist"
synonyms: fixation, ruling/consuming passion, passion, mania, idée fixe, compulsion, preoccupation, infatuation, addiction, fetish, craze, hobbyhorse; More

stalk·er
[staw-ker] Show IPA

noun
a person who pursues game, prey, or a person stealthily.

a person who harasses another person, as a former lover, a famous person, etc., in an aggressive, often threatening and illegal manner: Hollywood stars often have security guards to keep dangerous stalkers at bay.

Origin:

AMFAinMIAMI said:

P.rez

Explain the Logic you speek of just because DP negotiated with the IAM to give them a pension, you think he will do the same once the two companies merge
and we work toward a JCBA?  Then he would have to do it for the Pilots and the F/A. AA just killed them for all work groups why would you think he would restart them?

Our 401k at 5.5% match pays better at yrs end so why would we want to limit our money to approx $4000.00 per yr.

Please explain?
AMFAinMiami,

Do the pilots and fa's Unions have pension plans? DP is not interested in Company led DBP's but will and has negotiated money into the IAM pension plan. Totally different and US got rid of the pensions in their bankruptcy but DP agreed to negotiate them as long as they weren't Company plans. Fact. Did you read where I am for a 401k also? I'm never going to say it is a guarantee because ultimately the employees will say what they want in their contract through surveys. 

P. Rez    

P. REZ said:
AMFAinMiami,

Do the pilots and fa's Unions have pension plans? DP is not interested in Company led DBP's but will and has negotiated money into the IAM pension plan. Totally different and US got rid of the pensions in their bankruptcy but DP agreed to negotiate them as long as they weren't Company plans. Fact. Did you read where I am for a 401k also? I'm never going to say it is a guarantee because ultimately the employees will say what they want in their contract through surveys. 

P. Rez    
I doubt the NC convinces Tommy Reagon to try to negotiate more money into a 401k prior to dumping more money into the IAMPF coffers. I agree with you Prez that a 401k contribution is worthy.   My ultimate preference is something similar to what was negotiated at Alaska where the employees truly can decide.  The previous Alaska agreement allowed members a one time choice between the IAMPF or 401k. 

737823 said:
IAMNPF is a joke, you can say they will negotiate it for AA/TWU but there is no guarantee. The AA people don't want that nonsense.

Josh
How many US AIRWAYS members want it if they had the opportunity to switch the company contribution to their own 401k out of the IAMPF hands?

P. REZ said:
AMFAinMiami,

P. Rez    

P.Rez to answer this question as I have said AA has done away with them and replaced them with matching 401k type plans. pilots and F/A got a way better deal then the TWU.

Why would DP restart a union pension or any other pension after AA did away with them? Why?   Why would you think that the AA TWU people would switch to an IAM plan so when you retire the plan can set limits and can with hold payments if you go back to work else where. WHY?  

With the 401k's after you retire you can roll your 401k into any institution plan, you control it.  NOT the IAM/company administrators? 

I understand that DP negotiated the IAM plan so long as it was not a company plan. Why? I would assume so that US would not have to administer it?  I did read that you would like a 401k as well.

700UW said:
AMFAinmia you are wrong.

M&R have no language that the money that goes into the IAMNPF will go into a 401k if they vote the IAM out, Fleet has that language.

And you have no idea what will be in a JCBA, yet you say I say things you say the same.
You are correct I have no idea what the jcba will have in it? I never said I knew. And your point is?

Right now the IAMNPF is part of the IAM CBA, it wont change till it is negotiated or the the IAM gets voted out. That is true I never said any different, 

And DP agreed to the pension for M&R in 2008, yet the flight attendants have a new CBA, the pilots have a MOU, yet neither of them got a Defined Benefit Plan in those agreements.

As I said AA did away with the pensions here at AA so why would they (the company) bring it back because the IAM has this plan. Then they would have to give one to pilots and F/A as well.  

So once again you dont know what happened at US and you are wrong, the pilots and fa's didn't get a DBP at all and maintenance, fleet and maintenance trainers all have a DBP in the IAMNPF.

Twist things as you want, and you are correct and I don't know a about US and the IAM. Yet you keep telling us what AA is going to do.

BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT AA, AND HAVE NEVER BEEN AN AA EMPLOYEE, OR REPRESENTED BY THE TWU.  YET YOU TELL everyone ABOUT WHAT IS HERE AT AA. or what is going to happen. 

WE TELL YOU THE WAY IT IS HERE, AND YOU  TELL US THAT THE WAY IT IS OVER AT US WILL BE KEPT.    AND THE TWU EMPLOYEES WILL SWITCH TO PACIFY THE IAM.  THAT IS WRONG.

mike33 said:
  Everything actually happened...yes. You just forgot to mention 1 thing. 
It was under the guise of BK. If AMFA was the union in place at the time it would have turned out the same.   
No it was not. Many concessions at AA began in 1983. My post also referenced the latest proposal that AA (USAir) to the IAM representing the AMT's. AMFA was not mentioned. The point of my post was to show how both the TWU and IAM are giving work away to either the ramp or outsourcing to other companies in the US or overseas. Just think what these two unions can do if the alliance goes through. I would rather not think about it. So now I will mention AMFA. We at AA or the New AA need one union to represent one class for the good of our craft and what is left of our futures. The TWU and IAM keep bleeding us to death. They can not even stop the bleeding.  DP could care less if you have a contract or not. It has been proven that he can keep you guys in limbo while in mediation. We are locked in until 2017 at AA. So basically they are saying enjoy the ride guys because the negotiations with the IAM has no priority. This is the message they are giving or at least it is the perception they want to show. Look over at United/Continental. They are still trying to hammer out a deal. I lost track how many years now they have been at it. I do not know if they are in mediation but they are still apart on issues between UAL and CAL AMT's and the company as well. They have a three way cluster.

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
It has nothing to do with a station, the PMUS IAM members will still be under the IAM CBA, and then a JCBA which the IAM will negotiate the IAMNPF for TWU members.

You know this already.

Its in the Alliance Agreement.

700uw You think the TWU members want the IAM Plan? Our 401k is OURs to manage and your plan has restrictions after retirement? "YES" i have heard that if this alliance gets in we may have this choice but why would we want to go backwards with the amount of money we get with our 401k.

You keep telling the guys at US that its going to stay and AA will keep this plan, it's in the CBA. 

What happens when a JCBA is re-negotiated and the AA guys want no part of it?

Do you think that AA will keep it, or have two plans for the same work group? (maintenance)

Do you think if we bring in AMFA, AA will keep funding the IAMPF if no one is in the IAM? (we are talking mechanics) It will be like our pension frozen. at the current vestment, and each person will get that money when they retire.

THE IAM Can't keep it.

Make sure that you tell your Union brothers that they won't loose the IAM Pension, when AMFA gets in. It's their $$$$$$ not the IAM's

Reactions: 2 people
Tim Nelson said:
How many US AIRWAYS members want it if they had the opportunity to switch the company contribution to their own 401k out of the IAMPF hands?

Tim 

Great question..

Why would the IAM guys want to keep a plan that has restrictions and will/could keep them from their money if they retire, and then have to go back to work?

The IBT plan has similar things in it and Hoffa voted to reduce the amount of money that each retired member gets just to keep it solvent.

I am not saying the IAM would do that but in the future who know?

With the company match 401k's it's yours.

YOU CAN"T Loose your pension, Don't let the IAM tell you other wise.....

AMFAinMIAMI,
The IAM has cut future benefits and from what I have heard it's possible they will again in the future. 700 insists it is well managed and solvent at 105% but that's only because they have people getting a rate much lower than they were originally promised.

Josh

Tim Nelson said:
Not sure but as you know negotiations are about what is best for the union and in this case keeping the plan. The IAM will happily give away the store (in Kev's words) to save the pension.

Josh