It's time to sign a AMFA card

Josh brings up a very interesting point.  He says the IAM has reduced benefits just like Hoffa did with the teamsters pensions (without any say so from the membership at all, they just did it).  The point being, it was done twice, once by Hoffa and ince with the IAM's pension.  Now here's the real question,  How many more times can/could they do it again?   The answer, anytime they want to.
Back in the day the pensions were a great thing, and companies kept them current and up to date.  Now the industrial unions have cut pensions payouts (again without membership votes), as well as put rediculous restrictions on anyone recieving said payouts if they had to return to the work force, and god forbid if it were to happen in the field of the members knowledge and experience because then he/she would be punished the worse and be denied bennies from pension.

Now days the 401K is the way to go.  At least with ours WE have control on what WE invest in.  WE can move it around and in and out as WE please. WE decide how much and how often.  A 401K is controled by WE the members not some big corp or a bunch of paid off investors.   
I am now hearing alot of AA'ers reporting they prefer the 401K over the pension plan they had.  Once US guys make the move they will like it better too.   And just so you guys know, with the latest cuts and all the pension reductions alot of you might be asking how you could make some of the loss back up?  Not sure if all 401K's has this, but ours does.  Once we reach age 50 or 55 (I forget which) we can apply over the max allowed so we can catch up or just put that much more towards retirement.  I believe the catch up contribution can be as high as 50%  which is just another option you guys could have, by you the membership, instead of someone else controlling it for you.   Once again the 401K's are much easier to nego into contracts than are the pensions.  The 401K's save the company money and there are more perks from Gov moving to 401K's, this is why most corps are going to them over the pensions.   Good luck fellas...

Reactions: 1 person
Joshie your spreading misinformation once again.

M&R has not had their pension cut in the IAMNPF.

Fleet has been in it since 2002, they had future benefits cut but that depends on a new CBA.

No it doesn't, the ramp is on a different schedule than M&R, otherwise M&R would have been cut also, and they werent.

737823 said:
But future benefits will still be cut under the IAM.

Josh
  Starting Jan 1 2014 yes. But a new CBA could up the contribution amount and that would up the Monthly Qualifier so it may not be cut as much.

mike33 said:
Starting Jan 1 2014 yes. But a new CBA could up the contribution amount and that would up the Monthly Qualifier so it may not be cut as much.
Thanks.

Answer this for me. How much less is the IAMNPF than what you were originally promised when you joined USAIR (or other carrier since merged in)?

Josh

737823 said:
But future benefits will still be cut under the IAM.

Josh
Do you not have the ability to read and comprehend?

Future benefits for FLEET are going to be cut unless they reach something in the new CBA that stops it.

Mechanic and Related are not getting cut.

They entered the plan at different times and are on different schedules.

737823 said:
Thanks.

Answer this for me. How much less is the IAMNPF than what you were originally promised when you joined USAIR (or other carrier since merged in)?

Josh
  About $20 or more monthly qualifier starting jan 1 2014. Full amount for prior yrs.    My 401k has not recovered fully either and its been 12 yrs at least. You must remember that the $20 could improve if more money is neg in a new CBA. you can always go to the NPF and look up the chart . I think it would only have to be about a 25 cent increase to get back to pre 2014 numbers though I'm not too sure.

Not a fan of josh or his views- but his point is valid. The IAMNPF did cut future benefits for fleet, yeah, you could maintain the same future benefits but it'll come at a (negotiating) price. Just because they haven't done it to M&R yet- what's to say that it won't happen in the future? Why cut fleet future benefits? I thought it was 105% funded? I know why 700 is protecting it, but why do you fleet members accept it?

700UW said:
Do you not have the ability to read and comprehend?

Future benefits for FLEET are going to be cut unless they reach something in the new CBA that stops it.

Mechanic and Related are not getting cut.

They entered the plan at different times and are on different schedules.
700UW

Please say it isn't so.

You mean to tell us that we the mechanics who want to separate from the industrial unions since we feel we can get a better deal on our own. Are wrong....

But right here you are telling us that the same union, at USAirways treats it's different work forces different. Fleet represented members are going to have their future IAMNPF benefits reduced??? Perfect example of industrial union bs.

You mean to tell us that the IAM which takes dues from the fleet guys treats them less than how they treat the M&R group????? Do they have Separate books, separate local officers, separate deals. then why NOT separate UNION.

This is why we the mechanics want your IAM and OUR TWU gone. The mechanics deserve a Union that will fight for its members, A union which is represented by fellow mechanics, who understand the craft and class.

The above statement by you highlighted in RED is just one of many you throw when you are told that you Have no say in this since you are NOT AN A&P...

But you still put your two cents in.

This all has nothing to do with the mechanics at USAir or AA. If you want to discuss anything about the ramp/fleet why don't you throw your info on the fleet discussion and let mechanics discuss our issues and what we think is going to best for us. You can even start your own thread and you and josh can debate all the bs you want there.

It's time for the USAirways mechanics to join with the AA mechanics to bring a union of mechanics, separate from fleet/ramp/stores to the NEW AA.

Sign an AMFA CARD, lets make this happen, lets get one union so that we
The Mechanics, can move forward, to a faster JOINT Contract for all.
The longer we squabble about which union DP and the rest of the Mgmt team win.
They can sit by not negotiate in good faith, then pit one against the other. Keeping this whole situation from a resolution.

AMFA at AA in 2014

Reactions: 3 people
737823 said:
Thanks.

Josh

Josh 

we all understand you and 700UW don't get along and thats ok, but you are a self admitted frequent flier of AA, Not an airline employee. A financial guy.

Please do us a favor, take your squabble with 700UW to another thread. Stop the bs on threads that will concern mechanics at AA, or USAirways. This is for our financial future, it has no effect on you and as you two throw out the crap it disrupts the flow since we have to sift through the bs and try to get it all back on track. 

Start a thread on airline pensions if you want but you are NOT an A&P. So lets give the AA & USAirways mechanics a chance to ask and feed one another info on threads concerning us. Our class and craft and the future of mechanics which will follow in yrs to come deserve a better future than what we have endured over the last two decades.

THX

AMFA at AA in 2014

AMFAinMIAMI said:
Josh 

we all understand you and 700UW don't get along and thats ok, but you are a self admitted frequent flier of AA, Not an airline employee. A financial guy.

Please do us a favor, take your squabble with 700UW to another thread. Stop the bs on threads that will concern mechanics at AA, or USAirways. This is for our financial future, it has no effect on you and as you two throw out the crap it disrupts the flow since we have to sift through the bs and try to get it all back on track. 

Start a thread on airline pensions if you want but you are NOT an A&P. So lets give the AA & USAirways mechanics a chance to ask and feed one another info on threads concerning us. Our class and craft and the future of mechanics which will follow in yrs to come deserve a better future than what we have endured over the last two decades.

THX

AMFA at AA in 2014
Will do, I support you guys getting rid of the IAM/TWU. I fly AA from MIA regularly and appreciate your work.

Josh

Latest posts