Take some time off, guys...

Simple fact, E - many are understandably upset and the twu is taking full advantage of that fact to get people thinking their way. Rumors abound but very few facts unless one wants to dig them up for themselves.

Another fact - more has been said by the company re: Eaglet than the base/line workers so far.

Very little has been let out of the bag as yet re: the company's plans but many are feeding off each others' fear on this site - it's a damned pitiful thing to watch snowball, especially when a group that's supposedly educated past high school shows how fear produces an IQ perhaps 1 or 2 points above that of boiled rutabaga. I've never seen a group so worried about what someone else doesn't know for sure - case in point, an AA/US Air merger. Opinions are like elbows - most have two to offer.

The 'tards writing for the daily fish wrappers and "we have the real story" newsstand rags haven't a clue what they're talking about. All must remember - it's the job of these idiots to produce sensationalism and other BS journaljism. That's what they're paid to do instead of produce a coherent listing of facts as that would be much too boring for the majority of readers and wouldn't produce nearly the responses the unbridled speculation does.

I certainly don't plan a spending spree or a cruise but until there's something out there to really ponder, to hell with the so-called "experts" - show me something of substance and then, I might worry a little. We all have to understand that our only part is to ride the bus - we are not driving it and won't be allowed to drive, either.

I think I'll put on AC/DC's "Highway to Hell".

What a great point. I'm staying off the forum until AA makes some decisions. Thank You

Oh there is plenty going on management is running around telling everyone they are going to have to work twice the airplanes.. Good luck with that!!! If this is their plan it's doomed to fail...

My version of "time off"

I was at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog chow for my dog , in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

Why else would I be buying dog chow, RIGHT ???

So on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care, with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. Better watch what you ask me and be prepared for my answer.
Very good, but here in New York we could throw in a plug about how since we work for AA Dog Food gives us a better value and it would not be at Walmart, at least not for me.

It would be a mistake on my part to try and say I wasn't a bit worried but hell's bells - Im not going to lose sleep over all this.

I keep going to work because I'm afraid I'll miss some of the funnies.

Exactly, even if AA went C-7, you had a life before AA and you would again. I have not seen one person who left here end up on a street corner and most ended up doing better, and being home at night, on the weekends and the Holidays.

People are running with the word BK, but AA actually didnt file for Bankruptcy, meaning that they can not pay outstanding debts, they filed for reorganization onder the Bankruptcy Code, and we, the employees already did that back in 2003. We paid for our retiree medical and pensions with Vacation, Holidays, sick time, OT rules, IOD time etc. Obviously, with the revellation that they were still paying leases on Fokkers not everything was addressed in 2003. I'm sure the owners of all those redundant assetts that AA has been paying for are glad they got eight years added to their free ride, we paid for it.

Exactly, even if AA went C-7, you had a life before AA and you would again. I have not seen one person who left here end up on a street corner and most ended up doing better, and being home at night, on the weekends and the Holidays.

People are running with the word BK, but AA actually didnt file for Bankruptcy, meaning that they can not pay outstanding debts, they filed for reorganization onder the Bankruptcy Code, and we, the employees already did that back in 2003. We paid for our retiree medical and pensions with Vacation, Holidays, sick time, OT rules, IOD time etc. Obviously, with the revellation that they were still paying leases on Fokkers not everything was addressed in 2003. I'm sure the owners of all those redundant assetts that AA has been paying for are glad they got eight years added to their free ride, we paid for it.
Then someone needs to tell the media, because every time I hear or read the news it's AA filed Bankruptcy.

Obviously, with the revellation that they were still paying leases on Fokkers not everything was addressed in 2003. I'm sure the owners of all those redundant assetts that AA has been paying for are glad they got eight years added to their free ride, we paid for it.

While it may have been a revelation to you and Dave, that's only because you weren't paying attention each year when AA filed its 10-K, disclosing items like the four Fokkers. It wasn't a revelation to the investment community, the analysts or anyone who was paying attention.

Yes there sure is life outside AA,I have been laid off a few times and made it just fine....I went back to working on Rolls Royce cars again and like a idot, I quit to work at AA...Just for the pension.

Back