Take some time off, guys...

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
It's pretty easy to see that a few of you are getting a little more personal than usual, and understandably so.

This is going to be a long & drawn out process for the employees, and information is not going to come out as quickly as anyone wants it to.

Since there's not going to be a lot happening in court over the weekend, my advice is this:

1. Turn off the computer, or just log out of AirlineForums...
  2. Stand up
  3. Go do something else...
  4. Come back on Monday afternoon... then you can resume calling each other sell-outs, shills, etc...

Maybe calmer heads will prevail.

But even though nothing will be happening in court. We can all bet the company P.R. machine and media talking heads will still be producing one sided, opinionated, stories that will surely keep the debate and blood pressure raised over the weekend.

This isnt a site to get facts, it is site to debate opinions, and nothing more than that.

It's pretty easy to see that a few of you are getting a little more personal than usual, and understandably so.

This is going to be a long & drawn out process for the employees, and information is not going to come out as quickly as anyone wants it to.

Since there's not going to be a lot happening in court over the weekend, my advice is this:

2. Stand up
  4. Come back on Monday afternoon... then you can resume calling each other sell-outs, shills, etc...

Great advice.....Couldn't agree more....We're gonna need the rest and energy to endure what happens next.
As the BK process goes on, lawyers will move past terminating leases and noegotiating with creditors and we will soon learn what will happen to employees, our wages and beneifts and workrules...

What you will see and read will make your blood boil and make you sick at the same time...They will screw us royally and THEN ask the judge for an increase in compensation and bonus pay so "ER, YOU HONOR, ER TO KEEP THE KEY TALENT FROM JUMPING SHIP DURING THESE, ER, YOUR HONOR, ER SO DIFFICULT TIMES..."

The judge will oblige the executives and Horton will continue to put out statements and videos about how he and his team have no choice but to do these things!

That is the way Chapter 11 works...

Remember UAL and Glen Tilton getting a paltry $400,000,000.00 for his pain and suffering?

Yea E great advice this place drags me down more than any other place in the world. just hope I don't check back in today.

2. Stand up

Got some Tannerite and will probably take the eldest grandgoblin to the rifle range and turn him loose with the mouse gun tomorrow.

Poking holes in paper is a good way to relax.

this initial post BK increase in volume happened with every other airline even though there has been at least as much if not more expectation about the AA BK than perhaps any other.
The volume will die down. The bravado that "we will fight them" will end about as soon as the judge's gavel falls and the reality sets in that it is either a paycut or a resignation that will change the situation.
The company has a major hearing schedule right before Christmas. Lovely. It is very likely there will be more not so nice items added to the agenda and as the process progresses, volume on the board will increase again.. that's the way the process works.
This is the end of week one. It is time to take a breather but it is also time to reset some expectations for some people. Perhaps a weekend away will allow that to happen.

My version of "time off"

I was at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog chow for my dog , in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

Why else would I be buying dog chow, RIGHT ???

So on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care, with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. Better watch what you ask me and be prepared for my answer.

My version of "time off"

I was at Wal-Mart buying a bag of Purina dog chow for my dog , in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

So on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again, and that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in intensive care, with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and all you do is load your pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's butt and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. Better watch what you ask me and be prepared for my answer.

thanks for the laugh,

none of us know anything, we're all just guessing, and we're all in the same boat

My version of "time off"

Too funny!!!! I almost spit coffee all over my desk!!

2. Stand up

Simple fact, E - many are understandably upset and the twu is taking full advantage of that fact to get people thinking their way. Rumors abound but very few facts unless one wants to dig them up for themselves.

Another fact - more has been said by the company re: Eaglet than the base/line workers so far.

Very little has been let out of the bag as yet re: the company's plans but many are feeding off each others' fear on this site - it's a damned pitiful thing to watch snowball, especially when a group that's supposedly educated past high school shows how fear produces an IQ perhaps 1 or 2 points above that of boiled rutabaga. I've never seen a group so worried about what someone else doesn't know for sure - case in point, an AA/US Air merger. Opinions are like elbows - most have two to offer.

The 'tards writing for the daily fish wrappers and "we have the real story" newsstand rags haven't a clue what they're talking about. All must remember - it's the job of these idiots to produce sensationalism and other BS journaljism. That's what they're paid to do instead of produce a coherent listing of facts as that would be much too boring for the majority of readers and wouldn't produce nearly the responses the unbridled speculation does.

I certainly don't plan a spending spree or a cruise but until there's something out there to really ponder, to hell with the so-called "experts" - show me something of substance and then, I might worry a little. We all have to understand that our only part is to ride the bus - we are not driving it and won't be allowed to drive, either.

I think I'll put on AC/DC's "Highway to Hell".

<_< -------Frank, somehow I know what your going through! The best advice anyone could give you is :" Hope for the best, but preparer for the worst!"! It's going to be a long ride, and as you said, you don't have any control over it! Hang in there guy!

<_< -------Frank, somehow I know what your going through! The best advice anyone could give you is :" Hope for the best, but preparer for the worst!"! It's going to be a long ride, and as you said, you don't have any control over it! Hang in there guy!
It would be a mistake on my part to try and say I wasn't a bit worried but hell's bells - Im not going to lose sleep over all this.

I keep going to work because I'm afraid I'll miss some of the funnies.

Back