Where Are All Of The Defections?

May 19, 2003
Visit site
I seem to remember all of the dire predictions about how all the “talentâ€￾ in CCY would be recruited away by the competition if the retention money was not offered up. Well, thankfully the judge saw through the charade and disallowed the payout.

Seems to me that after all the spin, none of the “talentâ€￾ has left the building. I can only imagine why not…… So my question is this. Has any of the talent in the building left? I hear ASA is looking to protect their last place ranking in customer service ratings. And one thing is for sure, they are so screwed up that the business acumen in CCY could only been seen as more of the status quo. I don’t believe they could damage the operations anymore than they already are.

I keep hoping to read of several departures but so far no luck. Lime Boy is still with us. I was sure with his talented handling of events like the Christmas meltdown and other shining moments in the last year, that he was sure to be offered another plum position such as a corporate spokesmen for an emema kit company. (You have to admit, the green does look good on him).

Any one know of ANY body that was so valuable that they have been recruited away?

photo deleted by moderator

whlinder said:
The mid-level and lower-level folks doing pricing have left, at least the good ones.
[post="295838"][/post]​
They should have been given retention bonuses. They did know how to run an airline and you can see the impact of their leaving. Many fares are out of whack and the load factors have to be dropping based on what I've seen on the various inventory/seat maps programs I use.

I was referring to the few who wanted to line their pockets first and walk away with millions.

I agree with Whlinder - a lot of mid and low level managers have been leaving in droves. Instead of having a happy hour bon voyage party for each individual that leaves, it is now an after work party for everyone that has left that week. Many people are not willing to move, have been picked up by other companies, have to re-interview/apply for their jobs or are not being offered a job at the merged company.

As for the executives.....I am sure they are holding on to see if they can try and steal their bonuses during the rest of the bankruptcy hearing.

MarkMyWords said:
I agree with Whlinder - a lot of mid and low level managers have been leaving in droves. Instead of having a happy hour bon voyage party for each individual that leaves, it is now an after work party for everyone that has left that week.

I wonder if those who are leaving are getting lei'ed like those now unemployed folks at Greentree did each week? Is the feeling the same??

Often there is no information being provided to anyone regarding anything to do with the merger and job issues.

I have been reminded that "Zipper Dipper" was recruited away. I guess that all depends on how you describe his "talent" Which then begs the question....was he recruited or told to zip lock up all his "belongings" and hit the road?

Wow, I guess the judge was right. Nobody needed the business acumen of senior management after all........

longing4piedmont said:
Wow, I guess the judge was right.  Nobody needed the business acumen of senior management after all........
[post="295925"][/post]​
I'll make sure to keep you informed on how your Hindi-speaking friend fares at IndiGo.... should be fun to watch, what with ~5 new Indian LCCs starting up, each with something like 100 planes on order each.

Maybe a good incentive plan going forward at public companies would be to tie the executive board's fortunes with the shareholders AND the employees.

I know from the U board it must seem I am anti-business.

Actually, not so. I worked for a company who had great execs. I respected them, loved what I did, and I don't regret a minute of my time their.

And I worked just as hard at U.

I guess that fueled my lament of lack of same at U.

Anyway, wicked sense of humor, l4pi!

Middle management has been told if they don't stick around until their release date they forfeit their severance. There will be no retention bonus.

longing4piedmont said:
I seem to remember all of the dire predictions about how all the “talentâ€￾ in CCY would be recruited away by the competition if the retention money was not offered up. 

Amazing how grown adults act like grade school children on a chat board. Your insult and photo that were directed towards Chris are uncalled for in this public forum. :down: He is one of the good guys on our team.

Last time that I checked you didn't work at CCY so wouldn't know our current staffing levels. We have lost many great employees to the outside job markets in DC/VA/MD.

Good guys dont lie to the media.

Good guys would accept responsiblity and come out and apologize.

Gee did US do any of that after the DOT report?

NOPE!

:jerry:

The Truth said:
Amazing how grown adults act like grade school children on a chat board. Your insult and photo that were directed towards Chris are uncalled for in this public forum. :down: He is one of the good guys on our team.

Last time that I checked you didn't work at CCY so wouldn't know our current staffing levels. We have lost many great employees to the outside job markets in DC/VA/MD.
[post="296194"][/post]​

Last time I checked this was a free country, with freedom of speech. Your "friend"'s performance and handling of his position as well as some of L4PI's and others' experiences with him totally contradict your statement.

You're free to support him and we're free to disagree and express opposing opinions.

The shame is it's the people they really need who are leaving, and the ones who are partly if not mostly responsible for the situation are still around, apparently trying to do more damage before they're shown the door.

Before you call L4PI a school child, check on your friend's recent activities.