Where Are All Of The Defections?

Hawk said:
The executives and middle management played a vital role in this success.

Piney & L4PI, your so called 15 minutes of fame with your ffocus group is rapidly coming to an end. I find your self-serving post amusing. It is all about you and not really the ffocus group.
[post="296266"][/post]​
Hawk

I want to clear up any remaining misconception or intentional misunderstanding you may have about my posts.

I have not represented myself as being apart of FFOCUS since before you received several tubes of lipstick. I have not used the logo in my post. At no time since then have I even mentioned being a part of the group.

The comments that have been made are being made as a CP who has for years been very loyal to the employees of this company. I have for the past several years given US the majority of a 250 plus segment a year flying history. I was rewarded with great service by the best group of employees in the industry. You and your Cracker Jack management team are the reason I have only flown US one week this year.

You were one of the least customer service and customer friendly management members to ever hold your position. You had a great opportunity to use the ffocus group for the betterment of US its customers and its employees. However you only wanted to use and control the group for your purposes and against the employees. You do remember the management meeting in which all of you were panicked and thought that inviting a group of us to talk with the “militantâ€￾ rampers in PHL might help save your skin. You do remember the invitation being offered to the group and then withdrawn, don’t you? And all of this after several members flew up at their expense so you could use the initial visit in your press releases and propaganda. You did read the DOT report, did you not?

Note to those in CCY: The walls do in fact have ears. I and others have developed several contacts with in the hallowed CCY halls that are not your fans and are more than willing to share information. You just need to be glad that we have not gone public with a number of comments that have come our way.

As for it being all about me, then explain to me why I spent on average one hour week with your e-commerce department every week for six months trying to help work out the known bugs in the web site. A web site that was being touted as being critical to the future of US, but one on which you could not book a simple ticket and be upgraded without it crashing. Why did I give up several upgrades and seat assignments because they were long gone by the time the e-commerce department could figure out what went wrong. You have no idea how much I resent your comments. You are the north end of a south bound arrogant jackass.

Speaking of web sites, let’s talk about how effective the director of that project has been. He simply has not honored any of the commitments he made in PHL last summer, including rolling out a new web site. How much money went down that rat hole? His attitude towards customers was as arrogant as any in CCY. Then some one has the business acumen to make him responsible for marketing and the DM program when Barry left? Since this was your call, I guess I would like some explanation why the choice was made. And BTW, the promotions from DM have been just absolutely fantastic since he has taken over the program. Of course that is all a joke since there have been ZERO promos since he took over and this from a company that is fighting for its life and needing customers in the seats. But after watching his performance with e-commerce, I didn’t expect much and I haven’t been disappointed. And this was YOUR choice.

In closing let me state that many of us have moral and ethical standards that we live by. In my case when it became apparent to me that I could no longer be positive in my support of US in general and management specifically, I no longer represented myself being associated with FFOCUS. I publicly stated I would no longer fly this airline as long as the current crop of management cracker jacks was in place. I have kept my word. You and your management style and those you work with have cost US in excess of $25,000 since then, from this one roach alone. So do not ever suggest again that my agenda and comments are anything other than my own.

Regards,

l4pi

As a casual observer one can not but laugh at the self promotion of those at FFOCUS. I have over the years read most of their posts here and on FT and the self serving dribble on their web site. I say this not to be mean but more with sadness because it would have been great to have such a real organization to speak for US FF. However instead of doing anything of concert importance or offering any solid information, this group seems only to exist so they can read their names in the paper. As I said, a real shame. Instead of "CCY management being all evil" it would have been nice to have a honest broker out there.

From what I see they are only self centered glory hounds who instead of answering direct questions attack those that dare to disagree with them.

But most worrisome of all is that they always hint at their elite insider status but at the end of the day, they are just sad wannabes.

A shame, really.

Hmm,
Just joined today, and slams FFOCUS, makes you wonder???

No need to wonder. Any questions - please feel free to ask.

So instead of hinting at whatever it is you are hinting, how about asking a question if you are really curious? Or does attacking just take less brain power?

I have seen no attack.

Unless you are talking about your previous post.

PhillyDave said:
As a casual observer one can not but laugh at the self promotion of those at FFOCUS. I have over the years read most of their posts here and on FT and the self serving dribble on their web site. I say this not to be mean but more with sadness because it would have been great to have such a real organization to speak for US FF. However instead of doing anything of concert importance or offering any solid information, this group seems only to exist so they can read their names in the paper. As I said, a real shame. Instead of "CCY management being all evil" it would have been nice to have a honest broker out there.

From what I see they are only self centered glory hounds who instead of answering direct questions attack those that dare to disagree with them.

But most worrisome of all is that they always hint at their elite insider status but at the end of the day, they are just sad wannabes.

A shame, really.
[post="296578"][/post]​
Phillyd2 welcome to us aviation....... :up: How's the popcorn? How long do you get to pick the fruits of your labors?

PhillyDave said:
[post="296578"][/post]​
Feel free to ask any direct question you would like. I'm sure that any of the members will answer you directly and honestly. But then if you are here to troll, I'm sure there will be no questions from you. Only comments. So prove me wrong, ask away.......

Opps, should have added "super sensitive".

I really have no questions, thanks. My statement stands for itself and your comments have pretty much confirmed my thoughts. I assume that you are part of the group? Sorry guys I do not want to start a war because I have seen already how you reply to others who question you.

longing4piedmont said:
Feel free to ask any direct question you would like. I'm sure that any of the members will answer you directly and honestly. But then if you are here to troll, I'm sure there will be no questions from you. Only comments. So prove me wrong, ask away.......
[post="296587"][/post]​

OK, just for fun one question. Do you agree that the lipstick thing was only a publicity stunt? Its fine if it was just admit it.

PhillyDave said:
OK, just for fun one question. Do you agree that the lipstick thing was only a publicity stunt? Its fine if it was just admit it.
[post="296592"][/post]​
No I don't. Was it intended to publicly embarass the management of US? Yes, on here and FT. And it did. I never really thought it would go as far as it did in regards to the press picking it up and running with it. In the end it worked as it was part of the reason that a decision was made to hire cleaners. It forced the management, as a result of the news articles to address the situation.

Now directly to your question. Had it been a publicity stunt, the press would have been contacted, press releases sent, etc. I started the campaign on my own and did not contact a single member of the press. They do lurk here and FT however and I was contacted by around six members of the various publication over the next month. There are many in the press who do not care for this management team and the manner they too have been treated. In addition, we had long since learned by that point in time that the management only responded to comments made in the press. It was one of the things that they could not control and they had to respond when asked directly by a reporter when they would not repsond to the group as a whole.

I was dead serious about every issue mentioned in my letter to the management team that was sent with the lipstick. It was in no way a stunt.

BTW, thanks for asking a meaningful question. I really do appreciate it. And I'm dead serious about that as well.

Next question?

PhillyDave said:
[post="296592"][/post]​

I'll speak up and say I think it was.

I'm assuming you're the same person from FlyerTalk who makes similar points there....

Personally, as a FFOCUS member and probably the only one with airline experience, I prefer to stay out of the press and seek no publicity (for a variety of reasons). I prefer to simply support the employees, show my appreciation, continue to fly US Airways, and encourage friends, co-workers and anybody I know to do the same. That's what it's about for me.

TheLarkAscending said:
I do believe that was the point of the initial post. That all of the talent/great employees have left (philanderer exception noted)...those remaining appear to have all of the business acumen (ahem) and are not worth their weight in pond scum. :p
[post="296415"][/post]​

You know a sneak of weasels when you see one, don't you?

Back