Where are the promised "enhancements" to domestic F?

I am baffled when people say the product is comparable. Just take PHL-MIA on an AA flight. Their non mealtime SNACK service in first begins with warm nuts and hot towels. Then choice of snack...ham and cheese croissant or grilled chicken breast with mixed greens and a pasta salad. Linens, glassware, and silverware. Cheese and crackers. Then the FA after serving the meal walked around with bottled water and glasses and then walked around with white and red wine bottles. Warm cookie is then served with more drinks and then a mint before landing. Oh, and video entertainment along with music. How does US think they compare????

Their non mealtime SNACK service in first begins with warm nuts and hot towels. Then choice of snack...ham and cheese croissant or grilled chicken breast with mixed greens and a pasta salad. Linens, glassware, and silverware. Cheese and crackers. Then the FA after serving the meal walked around with bottled water and glasses and then walked around with white and red wine bottles. Warm cookie is then served with more drinks and then a mint before landing. Oh, and video entertainment along with music.

sky high states: <sigh>....I remember that! Passengers used to SMILE at me.

only stating opinions

Hearing what US1Fare just wrote about AA's service compared to ours here at US is just pathetic. There is NO reason no changes can't be made immediately. It's TOTAL Tempe BS. As the FF's leave just wait and see. Their cocky and arrogant attitude shall change.

LOL.....So true!!!!

We are a flying trailer park!!!!!
The US FA's are still the best overall,especially when they are proud of their airline, but that alone can no longer keep the biz customer and won't because no one enjoys flying or working on a US plane.

:eek: :eek:
I am baffled when people say the product is comparable. Just take PHL-MIA on an AA flight. Their non mealtime SNACK service in first begins with warm nuts and hot towels. Then choice of snack...ham and cheese croissant or grilled chicken breast with mixed greens and a pasta salad. Linens, glassware, and silverware. Cheese and crackers. Then the FA after serving the meal walked around with bottled water and glasses and then walked around with white and red wine bottles. Warm cookie is then served with more drinks and then a mint before landing. Oh, and video entertainment along with music. How does US think they compare????
:eek: :eek: US doesn't...I too am baffled as to why US even keeps first or should I say UPFRONT cabin. Maybe they need to rethink and make it all coach with 36inch pitch, better amenities and be done with it. Oh yeah and get rid of the FOOLS who are running INFLIGHT and Dining and Cabin! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would pose the question, if you had the opportunity to fly direct on US or connect on AA, would you take the time to connect on AA to get the better service (I would not). Warm nuts and good service are secondary choices to many business travellers. All things being equal I would go AA as well, but that is usually not the case. This compounded with the fact that for every business traveller jumping ship, there is another to take their place puts Tempe in the drivers seat. From a numbers standpoint, there is no need to fix the product and the Tempe team is all about the numbers on the Financial side. Is this short sighted, you bet, it will come back to bite them when the market turns south, but in the meantime, they are making money and therefore the status quo is not likely to change in any significant way. I think Art was the first to point to this situation as a problem.

Correction: it's Turkey and Swiss on croissant. :lol: I think some days we could do without the sandwich or the smoked chicken breast, but beware the F/C passenger denied his/her baked on board chocolate chip cookie. :shock:

Correction: it's Turkey and Swiss on croissant. :lol:
LOL...I am an AA newbie (and loving it). Today was on very short flight and they said, ok, drink up while we are on the ground because we won't be serving in the air...it was hysterical. Another thing, no AA employee speaks poorly of US...they all say, gosh they had great service before that is so sad what AmericaN west did to them. Ok, I added the last par about HP but they can't believe what US considers FC these days. A club employee said she gets people all the time wanting to spend the night on their dime rather than fly US. It's not the people, it is the service.

<SNIP> This compounded with the fact that for every business traveller jumping ship, there is another to take their place puts Tempe in the drivers seat. From a numbers standpoint, there is no need to fix the product and the Tempe team is all about the numbers on the Financial side.
I suppose we would need to define what a business traveler is.

A true FF, or a revolving door of occasional business fliers to things like annual trade shows.

Yup
Guarantee the people replacing me spent less money. I'm sure AA appreciated my 1600 for my trips this week. In fact, 2 times already agents have said, US1YFARE, you have quite an itinerary this week...thank you...we hope to see you back.

Yup
Guarantee the people replacing me spent less money. I'm sure AA appreciated my 1600 for my trips this week. In fact, 2 times already agents have said, US1YFARE, you have quite an itinerary this week...thank you...we hope to see you back.

Question for everyone, when you made the jump from US, did you fly another carrier exclusively or did you choose multiple carriers based upon itinerary? I technically probably jumped ship last year in that I used to try and fly US exclusively but now only fly them when it is direct. Flying direct is my primary consideration because even with a delay it is still usually quicker than connecting. The rest of my flying is limited to Star alliance carriers, however I do credit miles back to US. I don't want to go thru the hassle of a challenge or requalifying on another airline. I usually buy Yup fares or international business class (never Envoy, as a matter of fact I choose a connection on Austrian rather than paying to fly direct on US to Rome next month, so now even I am violating my own rules) so upgrades are not really a concern for me.