Where are the promised "enhancements" to domestic F?

WHERE is the glassware on EAST operated LONG HAUL flights? If you have it out WEST why hasn't it returned in the EAST for a consistent product? This may appear to be a "minor" issue to some people, but it is mere issues such as this that I have NO FAITH in ANYTHING they do. Yet they want to offer Energy drinks and Premium wines in the short term. FIX the PROBLEM, don't create MORE of THEM.

:) I agree with all of you. I love my job too. I understand the mgmt is the problem. I am just trying to bring a little positive light to the boards. I can't believe there is no glassware on the East on Domestic flights, or no liquor provisioning on the West and East hubs. Nothing makes any sense. I wish Tempe would finally wake up too!! I also don't think anyone should be ashamed to work here, be proud of your heritage! Thats all I am saying. If I have been harsh, I apologize too. ;) And LCC 1 Thank You, great post!

It is much easier to place blame, and complain. Start to make a positive difference in your life. You will see things bigger and brighter my friend. The Crumbling is all your making. :)
Much easier to place blame and complain. What the hell are you talking about? I'm at fault and shouldn't complain? I don't get it. A positive difference in MY life? Usairways isn't my life it's my job. This company gives me NOTHING to make me feel proud of my job. I like what I do but not proud of where I work due to the management team we inherited. The best one yet...."The crumbling is all your making". Well thank you Dr. Phill. Are you serious? This F'd up operation and abortion we call a company is MY making? You truly HAVE been in the sun way too long honey. :rolleyes: All I can say is WOW. You should be a motivational speaker. Hi Melanie YOUR special.....YOUR NUTS". Sofia Golden Girls.

And LCC 1 Thank You, great post!

YW! The negativity does get old. i just want you and many here to understand that the negativity was NOT a given. It has been a growing cancerous tumor that has esculated with time. I have watched VERY loyal FF go from a caring, helpful spirits to ones of distrust and outrage. I give them SOOOO much credit for hanging in there. They really were our only allies. well, now even THEY are gone because they recognize that the value (or lack of) no longer justifies their loyalty.

I know many of us seem like we are always negative and whine alot, but many of us easties have a hard core and have gained tough skins over years of lies, deceit, and incompetence. Can you imagine how disappointing it has been to see what was believed to be a somewhat competent management team completely implode?? What is more difficult is when you see much of their behavior somehow justified on the backs of the notion that this is the way it has always been and somehow should not be questioned. Ouch!!

Just that we are considered a blacklisted company should bring chills up the spines of ALL of us. It angers me that we are imploding as a labor group. While I may have personality differences with one or two on the west side, this has NOTHING to do with the overall majority of hard working dedicated employees who are west of the Mississippi. I actually feel sorry for the former AWA employees who have to take the heat for the insane management team that just so happenes to house themselves in the halls of the Tempe property. But equally infuriating has been the further degrading of the US Airways name. By giving the public more reasons to hate the evil US Airways, it gets the name AWA off the hook. To me this is cowardess. I would had rather us been called America West because at least then the weight of responsibility would be with the part of the NEW company that is running the show. So many of us have worked so hard to change the image of US Airways to watch this current management team make it WORSE!!! People just think it's the same old US Airways, but it is NOT!! We are America West. This is not the same company I worked for and to tag the US Airways name to this cheapened brand IS hard to swallow. Ever notice how anything West seems to go well while the East goes to hell and we become the blame for management's inability to understand the culture of the East AND her customers and how to fix problems?

DP bit off more than he could chew and seems to be satifiied with throwing hope to both passengers and employees thru broken promises and comittments that don't make it pass the halls of the Sandcastle because by all means we are at 85/90% capacity. He and Scotty boy say they understand but do NOTHING to change the train wreck that continues to gain speed and derail what was to be a synergized cooperate advantage over the other airlines. They seem to be content to let us continue to be the joke of the industry and the punching bag for all that the American public HATES about the airline industry. If this IS the new airline world order and I am to somehow accept it and get over it, I will have to evaluate if this is the where I want to be. But to somehow think throwing positivity on the airline will fix the problems is just a bit unrealistic. I just feel numb and cold where the new US Airways is concerned.

As Per the August 2nd About US,

1. September - Premium Beverage Test for Coach (Teas, Energy Drinks, Wine by the glass)

The company is introducing yet another product to enhance their revenue without compensating the flight attendants ie: energy drinks, teas for sale.
They might consider how many will actually continue to peddle their wares for free? :down:
There are a lot who won't.
I understand credit card machines are in the works ......
When will the change maker strapped around our waist start?

:) I agree with all of you. I love my job too. I understand the mgmt is the problem. I am just trying to bring a little positive light to the boards. I can't believe there is no glassware on the East on Domestic flights, or no liquor provisioning on the West and East hubs. Nothing makes any sense. I wish Tempe would finally wake up too!! I also don't think anyone should be ashamed to work here, be proud of your heritage! Thats all I am saying. If I have been harsh, I apologize too. ;) And LCC 1 Thank You, great post!
with all due respect, WCT, you are being woefully inconsistent in your ideological endorsements. first of all, heritage is RARELY history!! that is a psychological principle that may escape you, but i encourage you to think about it nonetheless.
second, to suggest that we (East) should not be ashamed of our product and operational performance is an example of cognitive dissonance that transcends anything i have ever seen before. implicit in your post is a distinction between what is currently real and what, i guess, was or could be? the only thing that is real is what is currently real. i am sorry. you cannot successfully project "heritage" onto the scars that DoUgIe's management is creating with our passengers and employees and expect resolution.
positivity is wonderful...but, living in and engaging reality is the only opportunity for change.
here's a brief primer in reality for you (and not solely offered to disengage you from some preferred "heritage"): our operational performance and reliability SUCKS. and significant customers are leaving. our service is disgusting. and significant customers are leaving. your (unfortunately our) management team is incapable of running this airline. and significant customers are leaving. your management team lies, despite claims that retention of significant customors is not being compromised. and significant customers are leaving. i could go on, but my fingers are tired...and, this will likely fall on deaf, and ideologically stricken grandiosities, ears...

WCT,

Your loyalty to your company is commendable, however, at this time undeserved. All your management seems to care about is managing by spreadsheet-cut costs, improve profits. The methods they have chosen have likely wound up costing them more than they ever could have saved.

The main topic of this thread is regarding so called enhancements to on board product which were ballyhooed in releases back in the spring. I do recall the timetable back then at announcement time being stated as late summer early fall--and such was explained to me by Travis himself. So while glassware and silverware are late arriving, other "enhancements" are approximately on schedule.

The major problem here has always been and continues to be the failure of management to manage the expectations of the customer, particularly in the East. As I have stated before--HP was good at what it did--compete with Southwest. It offered better product (relatively) and amenities at a slightly higher price, but they brought value to the equation especially for the business traveler. They had semi rational fares, and operated a relatively reliable schedule.

Once the merger closed, they tried to force the HP way on the East operation, and never tried to learn about East customers or employees. This was a major miscalculation. The East had always been competing against the majors--AA, UA, DL, CO etc. So once HP came along and denigrated the East product to HP levels (NOT an insult but an accurate representation), they didn't count on the East becoming uncompetitive and far inferior to its target competition. Nor did they address East customers up front by telling us things were going to change.

Now all this has become somewhat moot because they have failed at their primary and most important function--providing RELIABLE transportation, and adequate customer service when irregular operations occur. ALL carriers are subject to weather and ATC. However a dysfunctional reservation system compounded with unhappy, overworked and underequipped employees PLUS a pilots group near revolt has combined to form what could be referred to as a perfect storm. When an airline cannot give its customers the REASONABLE expectation of getting them from point A to point B and cannot (or will not) offer adequate customer service when they are unable to do so, they cannot expect their customers to stick around...period.

So here you have a customer who remains passionate about seeing US succeed. I can only fly US, however, when I have a 12 hour or longer leeway in getting where I need to be--when I have to get where I am going within a shorter time frame I have to go elsewhere. In my case alone, US has lost $9000 in bookings just this month. And I could not for a second consider booking my family on US right now, ESPECIALLY if they were flying on their own to meet me.

So yes we expect the improvements as promised--but they take a back seat to having a RELIABLE operation and equipping and enabling the employees to help customers when they are unable to do so.

I have continued to say that the employee and the customer are not the problem. The mgmt has always been the reason for continued promises and failures!! Enough said.
I try to always put myself in the customer's shoes at all times. Try to reflect a greatful outlook on life, and positve attitude. I am optimistic things will improve, and I hope more people will have a little more appreciative stance on things, and there jobs. And you can all bash me if it makes you feel better. I am not trying to be your enemy, but friend and coworker. :)

ART, once again (and how many times have WE stated that.........) You are correct. The integration of East and West is comparable to mixing oil and water and TEMPE still doesn't GET IT!. The former US and AWA were TWO very different AIRLINES, and TWO VERY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS. Until Tempe decides WHAT they want to be as an airline (they have proven they are failures in managing an airline on the National/Int'l stage) the problems Will Continue. It is LONG OVERDUE that the BOD and the Circus Clowns DEFINE what kind of operation they plan on running..........this so called "hybrid" carrier- a low cost, full service broard serving model of air transport WILL NOT WORK. Throw in SHARES and it spells C-L-U-S-T-E-R-F-*! :down:

I have continued to say that the employee and the customer are not the problem. The mgmt has always been the reason for continued promises and failures!! Enough said.
I try to always put myself in the customer's shoes at all times. Try to reflect a greatful outlook on life, and positve attitude. I am optimistic things will improve, and I hope more people will have a little more appreciative stance on things, and there jobs. And you can all bash me if it makes you feel better. I am not trying to be your enemy, but friend and coworker. :)

My appreciation level will be elevated, my outlook on the company greater, and my attitude will be more positive when the company delivers. I will always treat the customer and peers with respect. It's not THEM I LOATHE! No bashing to you from me.

Oops! Forget the "U"..........it was an accident. Even though THEY want people to think that all the problems are because of YOU and ME. NOT!