Where are the promised "enhancements" to domestic F?

ART, once again (and how many times have WE stated that.........) You are correct. The integration of East and West is comparable to mixing oil and water and TEMPE still doesn't GET IT!. The former US and AWA were TWO very different AIRLINES, and TWO VERY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS. Until Tempe decides WHAT they want to be as an airline (they have proven they are failures in managing an airline on the National/Int'l stage) the problems Will Continue. It is LONG OVERDUE that the BOD and the Circus Clowns DEFINE what kind of operation they plan on running..........this so called "hybrid" carrier- a low cost, full service broard serving model of air transport WILL NOT WORK. Throw in SHARES and it spells C-L-U-S-T-E-R-F-*! :down:

Operational snafus aside, from a purely service-oriented perspective it's a heck of alot easier to convince loyal customers to accept improved service than the other way around!!! Tempe picked the wrong side of the operation to conform to. It's not like what CCY brought to the table was any great shakes, but US East used to be a really reliable, classy carrier prior to 9/11 and the first bankruptcy. When the airline industry turned itself around and people actually started flying again, it's as if Tempe was stuck in some time warp where they felt it was acceptable to customers to keep stripping service while simultaneously touting their huge profits on CNBC and the like.

As the OP of this thread many weeks ago, I'm still wondering about my initial question. Now that the first of October is upon us, if there are going to be any substantial enhancements put into place within the next two weeks, surely in-flight employees would've begun to see memos or receive some information about what changes are coming.

To date, I've not seen anyone post a single detail about the enhancements that have been promised (announced and touted) since the beginning of this past summer.

So, is it STILL safe to assume that no one knows anything about any substantive changes to the current first class? If so, that's maddening.

SUN CHIPS were added to the F/C snack basket, what MORE do you want! USEast offered SUN CHIPS over 10 years ago in Coach as part of the ARRIVAL service and were discontinued for whatever reason. Changing the Snack Basket items is a welcome change but THEY are already grumbling about "Where are the Cape Cod Chips :angry: ?". They need to seriously THINK (something that seems to elude them) about WHAT they want to do in F/C or they should seriously consider pulling the seats out and making it an All Coach configuration. The CURRENT product is a travesty and WHY would anyone Upgrade, let alone Pay for it? Unfortunately, I do not see glassware EVER returning domestically fleetwide and THAT IS A SHAME. There are so many things that could be done to enhance the product but these clowns are too concerned with matching up with SWA and NOT the REAL Airlines of The World. Still Unimpressed.

What's that my dad used to say? " If you going to do it half ass don't ####*** doing at all"! I agree with you. Our First Class (or as I call it Fleece Class) product is at best Economy Plus. Either fix it or do away with the whole thing.

We were watching the British version of Airline that follows Easyjet in Luton tonight and the comment was made that we might as well just pull FC out and go to all coach like them. Charge for everything and be done with it. Thats the clientele they are aiming for and its a joke to act otherwise. Quit trying to pretend that we are anything more. Think of all the time and money we could save by doing away with FC. No one wants to pay for it anyway right? :rolleyes:

Might as well take out the window shades to save weight--oh wait the west wouldn't like that they couldn't help keep cabins cool.

Might as well take out the tray tables as well--oh wait they'd lose their advertising revenue.

They certainly do know the cost of everything and the value of NOTHING.

This team has had enough time to decide what they want to be when they grow up. It's time to take this in one direction or the other.

They still can't figure out who their true competition is......point being do they care?

Think of all the time and money we could save by doing away with FC. No one wants to pay for it anyway right? :rolleyes:
For the most part US has, its call RJ’s. High frequency run buy third party vendors. Time will tell Parker and gang have to response to the consultants. I heard the consultants were hired at the BOD request.
The consultants report is big on the radar screen. I’m sure Parker’s camp is saying were making more money then ever but there is room for improvements. Were when how and who will be involved?

Funny, as far as I know the "consultants" never talked to customers.......

Oh that's right, customers don't matter......

Hey Art, I have a question for you and it is not a sarcastic, but serious one. IF US Airways were to go to an all coach cabin domestically, what, if anything would it take to keep your biz?

LCC,

Fair question. As a matter of semantics, however the question would be what could they do to get my business back as they have already lost it.

First and foremost, I would need a reliable operation, with a reasonable expectation of getting where I need to be within an hour or two of schedule.

Second, I would need to know that WHEN something goes wrong, the fine folks at US have the proper tools, the desire and ability to help reaccommodate me. This means a reservations sytem that works, and the lack of the attitudes of late, which I blame on management rather than the employees themselves.

Regarding your question, however, I would accept an all coach cabin, providing they meet the criteria above, AND the giveback HAS to be increased comfort. IF they give us 34 to 36 inches of pitch like WN or B6, I could accept that on domestic flights under 2 to 3 hours. On long hauls, I could deal with it, but if I could get F for a similar price elsewhere, that would be a harder choice.

There has to be VALUE to the proposition. I do not think I am asking that much, nor do I think I am being unreasonable.

I hope this helps you understand our position (FFOCUS as well as my own).

LCC,

Fair question. As a matter of semantics, however the question would be what could they do to get my business back as they have already lost it.

First and foremost, I would need a reliable operation, with a reasonable expectation of getting where I need to be within an hour or two of schedule.

Second, I would need to know that WHEN something goes wrong, the fine folks at US have the proper tools, the desire and ability to help reaccommodate me. This means a reservations sytem that works, and the lack of the attitudes of late, which I blame on management rather than the employees themselves.

Regarding your question, however, I would accept an all coach cabin, providing they meet the criteria above, AND the giveback HAS to be increased comfort. IF they give us 34 to 36 inches of pitch like WN or B6, I could accept that on domestic flights under 2 to 3 hours. On long hauls, I could deal with it, but if I could get F for a similar price elsewhere, that would be a harder choice.

There has to be VALUE to the proposition. I do not think I am asking that much, nor do I think I am being unreasonable.

I hope this helps you understand our position (FFOCUS as well as my own).

Thanks Art...I agree with all you have said. I am back to work after 2 weeks. I hope things are running smoother these days.

LCC # 1

That was a very good question you asked Art, and I agree with his answer. I have one flight on US since May, and have been a CP since the program started. But it got me thinking about the flight I booked for this weekend.

Is US competitive?

This is not the best example since I am comparing the US connect flight with a direct flight on another carrier, and to slant it towards US I will assume their flight is direct as well.

DTW-MHT-DTW fri home Sun return NW $604.00RT, equip A320 93% chance of upgrade as Gold

DTW-MHT-DTW Sun return US $610.00RT, out E170/727-3 return E170/CRJ 78% chance of upgrade as CP

So lets assume if US flew this direct it would be an E170 All coach. (even though it was promised the E170 would have F)

US still looses on the short haul. Same fare, less chance of up-grade even with higher status, and larger plane.

So I guess, Beancounter Airline has a better product than Pennypinching Airline.

It is going to take alot more than empty promises to get my high volume high yield business back.

I was talking to a friend of mine this morning, who told me of a trip to New York he made recently. The flight to NY was on Jet Blue, the return on US Express (MESUP). He said after experiencing Jet Blue, a brand new 190, free entertainment, comfortable seats and legroom, followed a day or so later by the CRJ-900 (lawn dart), with lousy seats, no legroom, no entertainment, he could not understand how anyone in their right mind would fly US Airways. He also mentioned that one of the ways they got extra seat pitch in the exit row of the lawn dart was to shorten the seat cushion....I guess Johnny O has been talking to Scott again.

While this thread started asking about the alleged coming improvements to the F product, how about we start asking US when they are going to get the basics right? CLEAN airplanes, MODERATE comfort/legroom, RELIABLE operations, CUSTOMER service, not arguments and complaint resolution--FAIR pricing.....these are things we as frequent travelers want.

As they are apparently unable to get the basics right at the moment, I think the other things are moot right now, as pretty soon there won't be any frequent fliers left on US.....

Are you happy now, Scott?

Latest posts