IBT vs IAM

And you believe upper managment?

Why don't you ask the people in the field?

It would be all the A320 family aircraft and 50% of the 737s.

Go ask your buddy Everett Hemenway about the airbus arbitration that he was 100% sure that the company would win.

One word of advice, don't believe everything management tells you.

Why don't you ask the people in the field?

It would be all the A320 family aircraft and 50% of the 737s.

Go ask your buddy Everett Hemenway about the airbus arbitration that he was 100% sure that the company would win.

What did I say?? I said I was only passing along what was stated by upper management. Comprehension problems today? Or just got a burr in your undies??

What should I ask the people in the field??

I've read the contract but do you know for sure, exactly how many aircraft that will encompass when this all gets straightened out?? I don't. And I wouldn't think that you do either.

I have no buddy named Everett Hemenway. You're obviously mistaken on that one.

Quit giving me advice. If I want your advice, I'll ask you for it. I'll believe whatever and whomever I choose. And I'm really sorry that you've gotten screwed by the company for so long......it's made you a glass half empty kind of person. I feel for you.

Don't post things that are foolish if you dont want people to respond too.

I am stating what the current CBA language encompasses, if you don't like it don't read it or put me on ignore.

It would encompass ALL THE A320 A/C and 50% of the 737s, not too hard to figure that out.

And it seems yours are the panties in a wad, or did you forget to take your midol?.

You can ask them how US East accomplished all the heavy mtc on over 440 A/C.

Don't post things that are foolish if you dont want people to respond too.

I am stating what the current CBA language encompasses, if you don't like it don't read it or put me on ignore.

It would encompass ALL THE A320 A/C and 50% of the 737s, not too hard to figure that out.

And it seems yours are the panties in a wad, or did you forget to take your midol?.

You can ask them how US East accomplished all the heavy mtc on over 440 A/C.
You're too funny. :D Foolishness is recognizable, huh?

I know what the CBA language contains in regards to the percentages. My question was the number of actual aircraft in the combined fleet. The airbus is understandable but still not in total numbers when this is all said and done. The 737's are less understandable because they are being returned and who knows how long they will remain in the fleet. Is there another aircraft type coming to replace them?? One has to look to the future and not totally live in the past.

Don't post things that are foolish if you dont want people to respond too.This is advise that you need to follow 7

I am stating what the current CBA language encompasses, if you don't like it don't read it or put me on ignore.So "if you don't want people to respond" then stop being so foolish 7

And it seems yours are the panties in a wad, or did you forget to take your midol?.I can see where someone would think your panties are in a wad 7.

You can ask them how US East accomplished all the heavy mtc on over 440 A/C.You should leave the maintenance discussion to the AMT's 7

IMHO some of the responses you have been giving are similar to a kid plugging his ears and saying "La La La La La". You are not worth the effort anymore 7. :)

Do you disbelieve EVERYTHING anyone tells you?? Or is the IAM the only entity that you believe?

My word of advice to you, don't believe or disbelieve anything anyone tells you. You have a mind, use it. :unsure:

he is checking with IAM to see if he really is allowed one of them things called a mind. They have already voided free will.

"PROMISES are EASY to MAKE"

I know this is an election year for Congressman and Senators but the promises that are being made are not coming from them they are coming from the IBT Representatives.
· It’s easy to tell people what you’re proposing.
· It’s easy to tell people what they want to hear.
· It’s easy to make Promises
The IBT is doing all the promising but their track record speaks for itself. Their Contract at America West is so weak their own members told CEO Parker they were "Bottom Feeders" compared to the industry. They are telling our members they will put us in their Western States Pension Plan. Why didn't they put their own members in it? First of all America West wouldn't pay for them, secondly that plan recently cut benefits to its members, some by as much as 60%. The Mechanics at America West HAVE NO PENSION PLAN, they have to contribute 6% of their pay to get 3% match from the company.

The IBT is proposing Seniority integration with protections attached to protect the America West Mechanics. They proposed the same thing with the CWA but finally conceded because the CWA had a contract and the IBT was still unable to get a first agreement with America West for its CSR's. PLUS how could they tell you they wouldn't do that to you when they're position with the CWA became public. WHAT do you think they would do if they were in control and the IAM had no say???

Promises, Proposals, and Reality The IBT is telling you they will take the IAM contract that they couldn't come close to matching and make it better. The IBT is telling you to trust them to do better for you than they could for their own Mechanics. The IBT is trying to Promise and Propose their way into being your representatives. The reality of it is the IAM made the best out of a terrible situation. The IAM faced with Bankruptcy and Abrogation of our labor agreement saved as many jobs and benefits as possible. Thousands of our members were furloughed, but thousands were not. All classifications still have indefinite recall rights and hopefully they will be able exercise them in the near future.

Tell Them What They Want to Hear This mentality was used on our Brothers and Sisters at Northwest and United by amfa. Look were they are today. It’s always easier to promise than to deliver, just look at the politicians. The IAM has had to deal with the reality of our industry and did so in a professional and honest manner. The memberships best interest is always paramount, and will continue to be regardless of the attacks on us by others.

Inequities Yes there are several, and they will be corrected in the transition agreement as we have said from the start. The IAM has been involved in 4 mergers at US Airways and inequities have been addressed in them all. Ask the ex IBT members that became IAM members from PSA. They received their seniority, $5.00 an hour raise and vesting credits into our Pension Plan.

Promises and Proposal are easy to make, don’t be led down the path!!!

In Solidarity,
;)

Stay with the IAM - who tells you nothing of what is going on - who relies on the company to give you a copy of YOUR contract that you pay them for - who gave you that wonderful contract you are under now - who let your wages and benefits slide away - who doesn't want you to have the chance to deciede for yourself what is best for you and your family. This could go on and on - SO THINK FOR YOURSELF

Teamsters are your only hope for improvement in the future - Vote Teamsters

give me more of the IBT sugar coated cookie about money being available....doug says no money for raises........
IBT smokin' that stuff again?...heard it on the 1-880 number awhile ago too....

i know i know...they have money for other stuff and you want a piece of the pie...but its a bold faced IBT lie... :lol:

Fred Says IBT telling little white lies again.... :lol:

the IAM is willing to let things the way they are with the reduced wages and benefits - IBT is not - the IAM has made some sweet heart deal with the company no doubt that is why the company is pushing them - they want to save all the money that you let go -- Sure you go right ahead and believe Dougie, we prefer to stand up and fight. Of course that is not what the IAM does - they just vote it till the members give in.

the IAM is willing to let things the way they are with the reduced wages and benefits - IBT is not - the IAM has made some sweet heart deal with the company no doubt that is why the company is pushing them - they want to save all the money that you let go -- Sure you go right ahead and believe Dougie, we prefer to stand up and fight. Of course that is not what the IAM does - they just vote it till the members give in.
hey ,you're the one making all these accusations about IAM lies....catch you and your other guy in a bold faced one and you duck and cover.
the IBT way?? :lol:

and speaking of sweetheart deals:andy made comments in PIT as to how well IBT gets along with AWA...so who's sleeping with the enemy my brother?

and speaking of sweetheart deals:andy made comments in PIT as to how well IBT gets along with AWA...so who's sleeping with the enemy my brother?

There are only two conditions where a union and a company get along well.

1, The union gives the company everything they want. Like the TWU or IAM

or

2. The company realizes that they are better off not to f--k with a big powerful union-IBT.

Latest posts