which will it be? the ta or term sheet?

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
So what will it be? the update from the twu states that if we vote down the TA (we are not allowed to see yet) the term sheet gets imposed. I was under the impression that regardless if we vote it down its aa "last best offer" that gets imposed. the ta would be aa "last best offer". so voting is more symbolic to say yes we accept it or no we reject it OVERWHELMINGLY to show we have no choice. but in a service industry you should think twice about employee morale.

So what will it be? the update from the twu states that if we vote down the TA (we are not allowed to see yet) the term sheet gets imposed. I was under the impression that regardless if we vote it down its aa "last best offer" that gets imposed. the ta would be aa "last best offer". so voting is more symbolic to say yes we accept it or no we reject it OVERWHELMINGLY to show we have no choice. but in a service industry you should think twice about employee morale.

I've been wondering about this also. I am not sure that "last best offer" is the actual term used. But what else can it mean?
I would imagine that the LBO is what gets imposed. But I dont know what the BK law states. But the union did state in yesterday's update that if the t/a is voted down on, what the company imposes will be worse. Did the union attorney spell it out for them?

I don't think it matters how we vote, see my post in the thread about TWU withholding info.

TWU is telling us that the terms entered at the court proceeding are the ones they can impose and that they are worse than LBO.

I don't think it matters how we vote, see my post in the thread about TWU withholding info.

I hear ya...But the two are closely related. The TWU is withholding info because it is that bad...But as bad as it is, thhe TWU wmight ultimately reccommend a yes vote rather than abrogation.

TWU is telling us that the terms entered at the court proceeding are the ones they can impose and that they are worse than LBO.

isnt this why they are there? to try and get less harsher terms imposed? so what is the truth does anyone know? is it the last and best offer or the term sheet? and how do we find out?

Bob Owens do you have an answer?

There is a communication on 514's we site that explains what I just said.

The terms presented to the court will be used when the judge rejects AND they are worse than the LBO because the LBO Was put together AFTER the court proceeding began.

The terms presented to the court will be used when the judge rejects AND they are worse than the LBO because the LBO Was put together AFTER the court proceeding began.

But wait...... Jim Little said "we will fight like hell"

I will say this, if we ultimately get a trap door of merger that will save 6000+ jobs over AA's plan, I'm not real sure I'll care how we got there, just that fact that got there will be what matters most those 6000+.

Reactions: 1 person

Okay....I wouldn't think with everything that is at stake, the TWU would post the wrong information. Like the company, I would hope they are following the expert advice of their counsel.
So if it is true that the LBO is better than the term sheets, AND it does save jobs AND only jobs, I think it is safe to say that the TWU will be pushing for a yes vote. And understandably, those in jeopardy of losing their job will assess their personal situations and options and vote yes.

But wait...... Jim Little said "we will fight like hell"

That's right Chuck!!
"They" the International will fight like hell to keep as many dues payers on the payroll. Even if it is at slave labor rates!!!
This is only to protect their outrageous 6 figure salaries, supplied vehicles and personal A6 travel for them and their families.

Reactions: 5 people
Okay....I wouldn't think with everything that is at stake, the TWU would post the wrong information. Like the company, I would hope they are following the expert advice of their counsel.
So if it is true that the LBO is better than the term sheets, AND it does save jobs AND only jobs, I think it is safe to say that the TWU will be pushing for a yes vote. And understandably, those in jeopardy of losing their job will assess their personal situations and options and vote yes.

are these jobs being saved for concessions guaranteed to make the life of the contract? I would like to see the language that protects these jobs. History may repeat itself. Be careful what you wish for you may get it.

Reactions: 2 people
are these jobs being saved for concessions guaranteed to make the life of the contract? I would like to see the language that protects these jobs. History may repeat itself. Be careful what you wish for you may get it.

I'm not wishing for anything. I don't dream. Just being realistic about those who are about to lose their jobs and my sensitivity to them. Everyone needs to assess their own situations. that's all. This is a democracy last time I checked and everyone needs to vote their conscience.
We are all screwed for years to come.

Anyway, we will find out soon enough.