TERM SHEET DURATION........

$15k, wow, quite a stash. I guess the harbitors of no were right all along, there really is a pot of goldat the end of the BK rainbow after all.

And AA isnt? You owe more than you have in the bank.

You all are living in a fantasy world, prepare for reality to hit soon.

As of Sept. 30, AMR reported $24.7 billion in assets and $29.6 billion in debt, according to a filing with the federal bankruptcy court in Manhattan. The company added that it had about $4.1 billion in cash and short-term investments that could be used to pay vendors and suppliers.

Reactions: 1 person

As of Sept. 30, AMR reported $24.7 billion in assets and $29.6 billion in debt, according to a filing with the federal bankruptcy court in Manhattan. The company added that it had about $4.1 billion in cash and short-term investments that could be used to pay vendors and suppliers.
The B/K Code is written by CORPORATIONS for CORPORATIONS ,Under value assets for B/K over value for loans!
And by the way Cash is heading towards 6 bil,

You probably have a draft all typed up just waiting for you to hit "enter" to submit on this forum....

Just can't wait for the opportunity to say " I told you guys so!" can ya?
Jeezz

Nope not at all, just cant believe how many ostriches are on this board.

I lived this chapter 11 nightmare twice at US and we had an abrogation happen.

How much of that was obligations for pension and retiree healthcare?

From Judge Lane Friday,
The only thing I have in front of me," he said, "is whether to reject a collective bargaining agreement. You're all still stuck with each other. You still have to negotiate new agreements."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/05/25/3986732/bankruptcy-judge-urges-american.html#storylink=cpy

Found this part of the article very interesting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The only thing I have in front of me," he said, "is whether to reject a collective bargaining agreement. You're all still stuck with each other. You still have to negotiate new agreements."
Even if Lane abrogated agreements with the pilots, flight attendants and transport workers, American would, nonetheless, have to come up with consensual agreements with its unions.
"I urge -- and I cannot urge this any more strongly -- that the parties resolve this where need to resolve this. The negotiating table," said Lane. "Regardless of what I do, you're going to have to do it anyway."
Mediation is due to start next week between American and the labor groups before another bankruptcy judge and Lane would like a resolution that does not require him to make a decision.
"I'll do it even if I'm reluctant to do it," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be honest, this sounds to me like AA would be compelled to negotiate a deal even if the judge rules in their favor and this goes totally against what we were being told leading up to the vote. If there is in fact a 6 yr term imposed, maybe the judge means eventually, they will need to negotiate a new deal, well that could be 6 months or 6 years from now. I wish we could get more clarity on this issue, it has been beaten to death and we still don't know for sure.

Just because youve been in two car wrecks it dosent meanm you know everything about driving;

"This is part of the process, every road here ends up back at the bargaining table."

That was the lawyer for the UCC earlier today talking about 1113.

There is no six year terem, abrogated or not, we go back to negotaiations.

Reactions: 2 people
WOW,Isn't that what NO VOTERS have been saying !!

I have to wonder is Local 514 now going thousands of booklets of the things that I've said that were right? It seems that the Lawyers for the Unions repeated the same things I've been saying for months.

It was also revealed today that in addition to the 4600 jobs AA wants to outsource they also would to be able to cut an additional 3000 jobs due to all the new aircraft.

So thats 7600 jobs. In 2003 we had 16000, We lost nearly 5000 by 2010, now we could lose another 7600. If the TA had passsed, with system protection, gone they could have cut us down to 3900 mechanics by 2018. A loss of 12100 jobs. We would be the industry leader in job loss, and have the lowest pay and benefits as well.

Judge Lane took the analogy a step further.

"Not only isn't this a game that can be won by playing, it's also a destructive game to play," Lane said. "It forces parties who otherwise would hope to have a long-term relationship to criticize each other, often harshly. There are bruised feelings."
Lane said the parties are "stuck with each other," explaining that, while the abrogation process allows AMR to temporarily impose unilateral labor terms, the sides must ultimately negotiate consensual, long-term deals.

Finally the judge spills the dirty little secret, Why because he can see the Pilots, F/A's & M&R know this and are ready to go all the way to the mat if required.