While We Cut Pretzels

These uniforms we have are beyond horrible. We have hated them from day one. Hopefully we will get a new uniform soon that is at least somewhat stylish. For us guys the uniforms are bad but ohhhh those poor girls that wear that potato sack. I rather some of my girlfriends to wear that over the "prison guard" aviator shirt. When you pull through a McDonalds drive-thru and the cashier is wearing a nicer uniform that we have it's really sad. There was a headline today on the computer that they may be getting designer inspired uniforms as well. Unbelievable. World Class. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the video clip, LY. There for a minute, I couldn't tell if those were models on a runway or some of our F/As in the aisle of an A330 on a Transatlantic flight. (Sorry...couldn't resist). :D

While I think it's sad that the US Airways F/A uniform is the nasty, unflattering POS that it is, I would imagine that until AWA takes over and merges the employee groups, you can bet you won't be seeing a new one. US is too busy paying bonuses to morons in CCY to spend money putting its employees....whether F/As, pilots, customer service or rampers.....in presentable uniforms.

Travelpro72 said:
These uniforms we have are beyond horrible. We have hated them from day one. Hopefully we will get a new uniform soon that is at least somewhat stylish. For us guys the uniforms are bad but ohhhh those poor girls that wear that potato sack. I rather some of my girlfriends to wear that over the "prison guard" aviator shirt. When you pull through a McDonalds drive-thru and the cashier is wearing a nicer uniform that we have it's really sad. There was a headline today on the computer that they may be getting designer inspired uniforms as well. Unbelievable. World Class. :rolleyes:
[post="280635"][/post]​

How are the current America West uniforms?

We need HELP :cop: in the worst way. It would be a great time to get something new. The America West uniform is much more fashionable and up to date then ours. We look like.....well words :censored: just can't describe how our uniform looks. We do need the fashion police fast. :p

Fly said:
Great video....but DANG, they sure do walk weird!!!
[post="280683"][/post]​

USAirways has sveral F/A Uniform sizes not available at other airlines, except for United. Female uniforms come in S, M, L, XL and INTERNATIONAL. Also, bra sizes are available up to 42 Extra Long.

PhillyFlyGuy said:
We need HELP :cop: in the worst way. It would be a great time to get something new.

Sky high states: I remember the day this uniform came out. Late winter in 1985. It was classy and has evolved with several different LOOKS through the years. Colodny didnt want the males in short sleeve shorts. :down: Thankfully, the current aviator shirt has the option of both short and long sleeves. The females have had several different LOOKS as well. The Champagne "summer" dress was popular in the early 90's. Both sexes had the option of PIN STRIPE shirts....and males have had several different TIES through the years as well. Solid blue, Mauve color and striped TIES.

It's endured through the years. Professional BLUE.

Now, some employees actually TAKING PRIDE in keeping it clean, LOOKING professional is another matter!

SKY HIGH said:
Now, some employees actually TAKING PRIDE in keeping it clean, LOOKING professional is another matter!
[post="280697"][/post]​

Very true! While certainly not high fashion by any means and IMO, desperatley in need of a revamp, it is amazing how some employees (even poverty wage level MDA FAs) manage to keep their uniforms looking clean and sharp. The uniform doesn't look bad at all when it is upkept and cleaned properly.

That being said, there are many CSAs/FAs/and cockpit crews who need to brush their hair (and/or cut and wash it) and several females who should either a) apply a little makeup or B) use makeup remover to peel away the years of junk they have clumped on their faces. Why are so many pilots/FOs wondering around the terminal without their hats?

Some uniforms pices (like some of the cardigans/sweaters/sweater vests) belong at Burger King, not a major air carrier, and should have never been introduced to begin with.

BRING BACK THE IMPRESSIONS OF EXCELLENCE CAMPAIGN and hold wholy-owned/contracted Express carriers accountable to it as well.

When someone takes pride in their job and enjoys it, they will take pride in their appearance. So sad what will be happening to the f/a's at MAA. Not only a job well done, but always looking professional. Good luck to each and everyone and keep your heads up. Don't let a bad decision form a few D!ck$ bring you all down. What an amazing group of Flight attendants!

I understand that Express has contracted with FUBU for the new Terminal F uniforms--including a flag Doo rag.

I did hear from a flight attendant last night, that he was told that there are going to be new uniforms, a new paint scheme and new interiors once the merger is complete. It would be a good idea, sort of a rebranding, but where would the money come from?

Also--I was just thinking that maybe the 757's would be standardized to F14--but I could be wishing.

My best to you all....

Art at ISP said:
I understand that Express has contracted with FUBU for the new Terminal F uniforms--including a flag Doo rag.

My best to you all....
[post="280744"][/post]​
hey...yo....dat be coke or sprite dere homie...yo.... :lol:

hharotz said:
Some uniforms pieces (like some of the cardigans/sweaters/sweater vests) belong at Burger King, not a major air carrier, and should have never been introduced to begin with.

Sky high states: or the TENNIS SHOES (in black) some people feel is appropriate with a BUSINESS SUIT.....(the uniform) :down: .

Back