Whose Job Is It?

Dea Certe

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I've noticed the jetways and boarding areas, especially in PHL, have reached a new level of grubbiness. It seems I remember in the past seeing people cleaning, sweeping, washing the windows, etc. They weren't in any US Airways-type uniforms. Most had on jeans, shirts and wore kimono-style coats. They always seemed a bit lackidaisical at best, but they were picking up the big pieces.

Who were those people? Were they employed by the airport?

I can see were it would be hard to find people to do such jobs for surely the minium wage. If they have to pass a pre-employment drug test and a security clearance, it would be even harder to find and keep people.

Why hasn't US Airways management made a point of seeing to it our boarding areas are clean and tidy?

I realize we have way more pressing problems but this one seems to be an easy task.

Exactly who is in charge of PHL Airport?

Thanks,

Dea

PineyBob said:
Appparently no one!
[post="258115"][/post]​
"Buy cheap.Get cheap"........Nobody cares anymore! For minimum wage, I wouldn't care either.....Hire an illegal mexican. Over 10 million to choose from already here.

:down: I believe the airport cleaning is the City of Philadelphia's job. I know in the past, the people at the gates cleaning and dusting were working for the City. I think that the jet ways are also in their domain.

They are also responsible for the cleaning of the crew room, offices and rest rooms. Notice how filthy they all are too? :down:

Folks,

It is less important whose fault or responsibility it is than it is to just get it done. It doesn't matter who does it--it needs to be done.

This is the point that everyone is missing here....everyone is more concerned about whose fault it is than actually fixing the problem.

It is ultimately the responsibility of US Airways to insure their common areas and gates are clean--if the city has the contract then they should pressure the city to get it done....

It is increasingly more apparent from this and other threads that they just don't care to fix the place...as my esteemed colleague L4PI said in the adjoining thread, the lipstick tube is empty.....

I sincerely wish you all the best......

That's something for the new owners of U to do. Look at all the potential value in U, if it had the right management. Don't folks that are in the business of buying bankrupt companies like to think that they can manage more effectively?

acfconnect said:
"Buy cheap.Get cheap"........Nobody cares anymore! For minimum wage, I wouldn't care either.....Hire an illegal mexican. Over 10 million to choose from already here.

illegal mexican? leave them alone,you should look at them as ROLE MODELS; :D
here is why.

1 get job in 3 days after arrival and are hard workers
2 buys a car (cash) withing 6 months
3 pays taxes but can not claim them ( no register S.S. ) WONDER WHO POCKETS THE MONEY.
4 is a good citizen ( avoids trouble) and dont complain
5 the state never spend any money on their education, upbringning, TO the local tax coffer its all PURE PROFFIT, no refunds.
6 your food bill will qaudruple +++, if the illegals become legal.
7 when they get fire or lose the job they dont ####, they just get another one, they can not collect unemployment (no S.S.)

ALL HE WANTS IS E BEER SOME MUSIC AND A PINK TACO NOW AND THEN. :p

so ; IF THEY ARE GONE FROM PHL it only means the inmigration patrol made a RAID and PICKED UP most of them, BUT since they are so resourcefull ........
..........THEY WILL BE BACK.

DONT YOU WISH YOU HAD SUCH A PERSONALITY,CHARACTER THE ABILITY TO STAND UP BY YOURSELF, TO KEEP COMING BACK WHEN KNOCKED DOWN.

next time you see one GIVE HIM/HER A HUG /KISS AND THANK THEM FOR THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR LIFESTYLE ( its call appreciation and its the same thing you are trying to get from your employer usairways) ;)

Just post pictures next time online. Someone will get embarrassed by it whether it be US or PHL. At the very least they will be visually aware of what's going on, and maybe who ever is responsible will do something about it.

A Point to Remember, is that U normally PAYS for Facility Cleaning. Maybe, just maybe, U is not paying the bills. I know this is the case in getting cleaning supplies, because we are having a hard time getting them. And as far as missing carpet, etc. That is U's responsibility. U pays for furniture, podiums, carpeting, and so forth. Sounds like to me, U is just not paying the Bills ! ! !

Amt4u,

Wrong! Illegals in this country, from Mexico or anywhere else, are a huge drain on our social services. The large majority of illegals do not pay taxes, but still receive indigent health care benefits and all sorts of other hand outs that you and I, as hardworking Americans and taxpayers, are not entilted to.

A pregnant woman can come across the border from Mexico in labor, and stop at any hospital and give birth FOR FREE. The bill is on you and I as taxpayers. That child is now eligible to receive educational benefits, welfare benefits, etc. etc. because they were born in the United States.

By the way, what is a pink taco?

livingontheedge said:
Illegals in this country, from Mexico or anywhere else, are a huge drain on our social services.
You and amt4u are both correct about subsets of the illegal immigrant population. Some pay taxes without getting the services. Others get the services without paying the taxes. Which has a greater impact? It's hard to say, since if we had access to good numbers, we'd have enough information that they'd be deported and not having an impact either way.

By the way, what is a pink taco?
[post="258189"][/post]​
It's a euphamism. :p

I actually think it's quite fitting....it shows everbody what a DUMP Philadelphia really is! There is no pride in this city to impress travellers from all over the world that pass thru this Airport on a daily basis. I always see these so-called airport cleaners pushing huge carts all over the Terminal....but not really ever cleaning anything! Hmmm, nice work mentality, seems to be contagious in PHL. Can't tell you how often I've heard passengers getting on/off airplanes talking about how dirty and smelly these jetways are. Way to go PHL.....keep up the good work! :up: