Whose Job Is It?

I am not aware of any location U employees are responsible for jetway cleaning. The airport or their vendor is responsible for that.

As for a U employee doing it because it needs to be done, perhaps if the company were worthy of that kind of loyalty, it would happen.

As for illegal immigrants, don't forget they are importing gangs such as MS 13 into the US, bringing a fresh wave of violence and drug dealing.

In the face of 9/11, I simply cannot understand the US allowing illegals into the country. It really is all about the money.

I wanted this post to be about who is responsible for cleaning the PHL airport. Let's leave the illegal immigration out of it. (although I suspect they would do a better job than the current crew, if there is one)

As I have said on numerous occassions, CCY needs to get out and see our product from curb to curb. Just like all of our customers. Let them make reservations, drive themselves to the airport, park, stand in line to check in either at a kiosk or the counter. Make them get a middle seat in coach and enjoy the same amenities the rest of the folks who pay our salaries do. And they should have to do this several times a week. They can keep up with the office work like most of our business travelers; with a laptop and cell phone. Oh yeah, and they can go through the TSA like everyone else too.

Maybe if they got a taste of what they are so willing to serve the customers, we might begin to see some small but oh so important areas.

I have to wonder if they would stand for the treatment they expect our customers tolerate on a daily basis.

Sadly, I don't think will we see a change. It's really too bad. We have lots of employees who daily go that extra mile to help our customers have the best experience possible. But now, due to unstaffing, the agents barely have time to deal with the usual job. God help us all if there's and irregular operation.

We have the desire to do the job. We just don't have the staffing or the leadership.

Sad.

CCY, get out of that rarified bubble and come on down to the airport. Help us save this airline.

Dea

livingontheedge said:
Amt4u,

A pregnant woman can come across the border from Mexico in labor, and stop at any hospital and give birth FOR FREE. The bill is on you and I as taxpayers. That child is now eligible to receive educational benefits, welfare benefits, etc. etc. because they were born in the United States.

So what is the difference between your kid and their kid if they are both born in the us they are both citizens its a constitutional right; the parential sin is not passed over to the offsprings (slavery used to be like that)

do some more research on social/services entitlements.REMEMBER WE LIVE IN A CAPITALISTIC SOCIETY were goverments and companies dont care much about the workers ( usair,ual,enron,adelphia,us steel to name a few), what makes you think the goverment cares about illegals or any other in need for that matter.

[deleted by moderator- Spanish lessons can be PM'd from now on. thanks.]

have fun my friend. :up:

The difference between my kid and their kid is this:

My children would be born AND raised AND become a taxpayer in this country.

My children's parents would be taxpayers in this country.

Their child was born in this country SPECIFICALLY to collect taxpayer benefits, when that child or child's parents have not been, nor will be taxpayers.

I am from San Diego, I know what I am talking about. People come across the border every day, just to have birth and get that U.S. birth certificate, then head back across the border. AND take the taxpayers money.

Sorry amt4u, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

For me, it starts with first principles.

A wrong does not make a right. They are illegal. For me, that is where it stops.

I welcome anyone who comes to America legally-as you say, we are all immigrants. Yes, the immigration policy is rife with politics - what isn't? But policy, however messy, is preferable to lawbreaking.

Then, it is a matter of common sense. I do not open my house for every Tom. Dick and Harry to set up housekeeping. I can't afford to, and I can't guarantee a safe environment for my family. Everyone who darkens my door is screened before they are made welcome. An illegal interloper runs risks from being asked to leave to getting shot. In my view, the country is my house writ large.

Lastly, I have seen the practical effects of immigration in my county, and have debated the 'expensive groceries' argument with my farmer cousins. Twenty years ago, there were no immigrants in my rural county. Now they make up a third of the school population. As the county has few businesses, it relies on property taxes for income - the highest rates in the state. The reason for the budget problems are providing schools, social services and the costs of court to folks who aren't paying taxes. As for expensive groceries, that is an economic shell game in which a few businessmen are passing costs they should bear onto the taxpayer. The farmer is paying less than market rates for labor (if he paid the market rate, he'd be able to get legal labor, right?). Were he paying market rates, the laborer would be better able to buy insurance, pay taxes, etc., instead of the taxpayer paying part of his way. If the farmer bore the full costs of operations, as a consumer I would be able to choose whether I wanted to buy his goods or not. As a taxpayer, as it currently stands, I have no choice. The economists on this board can better explain it, but if I remember Econ 101, costs should properly be allocated to whatever incurs them, right?

I'z still wants me $29 ticket with senior discount, preassigned seats, $100 compensation for schedule changes, RTFC's if my flight is oversold because of people that book flts and then don't show up. And if me electric cart is not waiting for ME...then I'll sue the whole bunch and win. (Sarcasism in Action)...I'm for you...not u.

You could always do like BA used to do a while back (not sure if they still do this). If you pay a business fare (walkup) ticket price, you get advanced seating otherwise you get whats available when you check in. Of course it made it fun to work them with lots of families not preseated on the day of departure.

scot said:
If you would like to discuss immigration (legal/illegal or from a passenger standpoint) please use the Just Discussion thread to continue.
[post="258286"][/post]​
Diogenes, my reply to you can be found there.

acfconnect said:
DELETED BY MODERATOR
[post="258594"][/post]​
Free Speech and the truth being deleted here. Only one sided liberals allowed on this site. This message will probably be deleted also.

acfconnect said:
Free Speech and the truth being deleted here.
[post="258895"][/post]​
You have no rights to "free speech" here. And there has been plenty of conservative ideology untouched on these boards.

bookmdano said:
I'z still wants me $29 ticket with senior discount, preassigned seats, $100 compensation for schedule changes, RTFC's if my flight is oversold because of people that book flts and then don't show up. And if me electric cart is not waiting for ME...then I'll sue the whole bunch and win. (Sarcasism in Action)...I'm for you...not u.
[post="258301"][/post]​

Seems to be perfectly reasonable expectations to me. :lol: :lol: :lol: