Why a F/A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike -
You just brought me back to my F/A interview which was only a year and a half ago. I was infatuated with the airline industry since I was very young. There are two pilots in my family (well, 3 if you want to include my ex! lol) so, it is just in my blood I guess. I just wish I hadn't waited so long to pursue the career because I would have had some seniority instead of being on furlough. So here I sit waiting for that dream to come true once again........[:)]

Not even sure why. Worked in around airlines from my very first job. Airline catering kitchen. From the dish room through every other department there. Tried it all. We did all the airlines except NW. I managed to see and learn galley setups and the different EQ, as well as what type of service each airline did. Western, Eastern, United, Pan Am, TWA, Delta, Continental, USAir, American well the list goes on.

Got to know alot of the agents and rampers from each of the airlines. Many were small operations and you would see the same people all the time.

AA was opening BNA and adding flights, They were hiring I needed a change so I applied, and got hired. After 5 years of trying different things on the ground. I decided to try flying. Got started in that in 91. Been here ever since. I am only sorry I didn't make the change earlier.

This job offers so much more than any other. If you know how to make it work for you. Its almost hard to call it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.