Why UA is Ready to Unite

That plus the time you sat near pat friend. Oh my the connections and the stories you must have from all those hours in the presence of greatness.

Is there an un-typical Chicago? I have never been. Ten years in the business weekends and holidays off and not based in the typical ORD, equals express. As they say once express always express. Good for you.

Well, fortunately, at UAL it doesn't take 10 years to hold thanksgiving and xmas off.. We aren't all like AA you know.. I held xmas and thanksgiving off my very first year at UAL, and will continue to unless there is massive furloughs... Being based in DCA, SFO, and holding weekends off in each as well as holidays... Don't get upset FAMikey, and resort to namecalling again, You love to say I work at express (which I dont) but If i did, would there be somethingwrong with that? You say it like its such a horrible thing, and they are beneath you... Give me a fu+++ng break, they serve the coke just like you and I... Face it FAMikey, you are wrong - as usual, just like on the DAL board.. You just keep spinning and keep the name calling up... Be a mature adult and admit it when your wrong...

Geez, which United Airlines do you work for?

I was still on reserve for 10 years at the United I was working for, actually I was still considered a new hire at 10 years. Heck, I wasn't even close to getting off reserve. Maybe there are many United Airlines out there which I wasn't aware of. Silly me. At the United Airlines I worked at, DEN was holding reserve with 20+ years, LAX held it with maybe 15 years, , SFO....don't even try to say that base is junior, Seattle, my grandma is still on reserve, DCA was a lot more junior but had the 3 bases to cover so the cost of gas usually costs more than the first year's salary.

If Beasty does fly for the same United Airlines that I do, something tells me that's the one she flys out of is DCA......how's that BWI working out for you? No Des Moines turns but the trips still suck. (I'm sure you'll tell us all about all the great international trips you get out of IAD and how much you work purser......and only in first or business). Tell us how you bid the Bejing trip 3 times a month, business aisle, Mondays or Tuesdays only. If you can't hold that, then you settle for EZE or GRU and at the worst MUC. *of course, holidays and weekends off* Please tell us that, please, please, please. Then I'll really know you are full of manure. You see Beauty, I actually KNOW what 10 years holds at ALL the bases in United. You too know what it holds.....it doesn't hold squat! Saddest part is......you don't have 10 years seniority.

You know who can hold the schedule I just described? The actual lady in your avatar. She is now 60 years old.

Geez, which United Airlines do you work for?

I was still on reserve for 10 years at the United I was working for, actually I was still considered a new hire at 10 years. Heck, I wasn't even close to getting off reserve. Maybe there are many United Airlines out there which I wasn't aware of. Silly me. At the United Airlines I worked at, DEN was holding reserve with 20+ years, LAX held it with maybe 15 years, , SFO....don't even try to say that base is junior, Seattle, my grandma is still on reserve, DCA was a lot more junior but had the 3 bases to cover so the cost of gas usually costs more than the first year's salary.

If Beasty does fly for the same United Airlines that I do, something tells me that's the one she flys out of is DCA......how's that BWI working out for you? No Des Moines turns but the trips still suck. (I'm sure you'll tell us all about all the great international trips you get out of IAD and how much you work purser......and only in first or business). Tell us how you bid the Bejing trip 3 times a month, business aisle, Mondays or Tuesdays only. If you can't hold that, then you settle for EZE or GRU and at the worst MUC. *of course, holidays and weekends off* Please tell us that, please, please, please. Then I'll really know you are full of manure. You see Beauty, I actually KNOW what 10 years holds at ALL the bases in United. You too know what it holds.....it doesn't hold squat! Saddest part is......you don't have 10 years seniority.

You know who can hold the schedule I just described? The actual lady in your avatar. She is now 60 years old.

Oh yes, you know all huh... Well in SFO I hold a move up, in DCA - I hold a move up, you see - you don't know jack honey... a 2006 seniority are holding move up in both of those bases.. And just so you know, I hate business class and prefer first and econonmy... Also, you are right about one thing.. I did do alot of Sao Paulo and Rio, since I know portugese, due to the fact that I lived there to study abroad... You see, your facts are so flawed, you dont know which way is up... Check your facts, call the SFO and DCA coordinator and ask them who is holding move ups and lines since you know so much... Please, I was holding a solid line 2 months out of training... Fly, you seriously need to do some research, things have changed, but unfortunately you don't know about them.. Get the facts then get back to me... Sorry you were on reserve for ten years, but not me.... LOL, love it, wrong wrong wrong and wrong again... And remember Dont Touch the Beauty...

I don't know. We could all wake up one Monday morning and find merger mania taking place, but I have a strong feeling it ain't going to happen.

What I find interesting is the fact that when we emerged from bankruptcy, Tilton had over 700k shares of common stock. He is now down to 380k, and continues to sell via an automatic sell program he and the other senior officers have in place. If he was so intent on merging, wouldn't he hang on to the shares and cash out after the merger, when the stock price would undoubtedly be much higher?

What appears to be happening is, Tilton continues to utter the words 'merger' and 'asset sale' as a way of supporting the stock price while he sells. The shorts are afraid to pounce on the stock for fear that it could happen, and they'd be caught in a short squeeze. Some hedge funds, such as Pardus, have bought up stakes in the company, and are now watching their investment head south because nothing is happening on the merger/asset sale front. As oil continues to rise, the stock price will no doubt retreat, along with every other airline's.

I'm not sure what balance/cash flow sheets these analysts are looking at, but last quarter, UAUA was in the middle of the pack concerning operating profit margins, and the cash reserve is sufficient enough to last an awful long time. Perhaps they're trying to help their buddies?

Beauty,

:lol:

There is not much to say because you are so frickin hilarious. You prefer First. hmmmm, Gee, I guess those folks with 30 years seniority are flying all the domestic stuff. There is a reason that the first 3 positions taken in brienfing are the 3 First class positions.....they are the easiest positions. YOU didn't fly them unless the Purser was a #### and no one wanted to be up there. Regardless of language, if you did hold a language line (which means ALL you fly is the same trip, fyi) then you work pretty much GALLEY. (and not First class galley.) You must really take us for fools. HELLO, we work there too....we know the drill. Guess what base I'm based in....hmmmmm, I even know who YOU ARE! Surprise!

Oh, another thing, you can't be based in SFO and DCA. You may want to choose which base your based in honey. Considering that you fly GRU that pretty much eliminates SFO as a base. So you got a move up line. WOW! Oh, btw, I wasn't on reserve for 10 years, I was on it for 16. Luckily, it was when there was straight domestic or straight international and I was an international f/a. So I pretty much lived in Australia and New Zealand every other week. Yes, things could be worse. :shock: I could be you and have to make stuff up. :blink:

But if you weren't here, think of how boring the United board would be. I feel like I'm watching the new movie Enchanted whenever I read your posts. So much hope, so much simplicity, do you sing to the cockroaches and rats in your apartment to help you clean too?

I find you completely endearing in a most unusual way......but I definitely find you to be a keeper. Here's my mission for you for the week. Try to post an entire post without one UN TRUTH. That's it. I know it will be difficult but I can see you are a dedicated young lady and determined more than most. You have more to give than others ...you go make us proud. You do this and the next thing, I'll get you an audition for a TV commerical that United has my husband working on casting for 'go get em types of people'. I can see you are her. Just be honest and show your drive. (and NO MORE cutting down the competition. Are you from New York?

Beauty.....I see your lights in the stars. National commercials pay per showing. It adds up. Think about telling the truth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beauty,

:lol:

There is not much to say because you are so frickin hilarious. You prefer First. hmmmm, Gee, I guess those folks with 30 years seniority are flying all the domestic stuff. There is a reason that the first 3 positions taken in brienfing are the 3 First class positions.....they are the easiest positions. YOU didn't fly them unless the Purser was a #### and no one wanted to be up there. Regardless of language, if you did hold a language line (which means ALL you fly is the same trip, fyi) then you work pretty much GALLEY. (and not First class galley.) You must really take us for fools. HELLO, we work there too....we know the drill. Guess what base I'm based in....hmmmmm, I even know who YOU ARE! Surprise!

Oh, another thing, you can't be based in SFO and DCA. You may want to choose which base your based in honey. Considering that you fly GRU that pretty much eliminates SFO as a base. So you got a move up line. WOW! Oh, btw, I wasn't on reserve for 10 years, I was on it for 16. Luckily, it was when there was straight domestic or straight international and I was an international f/a. So I pretty much lived in Australia and New Zealand every other week. Yes, things could be worse. :shock: I could be you and have to make stuff up. :blink:

But if you weren't here, think of how boring the United board would be. I feel like I'm watching the new movie Enchanted whenever I read your posts. So much hope, so much simplicity, do you sing to the cockroaches and rats in your apartment to help you clean too?

I find you completely endearing in a most unusual way......but I definitely find you to be a keeper. Here's my mission for you for the week. Try to post an entire post without one UN TRUTH. That's it. I know it will be difficult but I can see you are a dedicated young lady and determined more than most. You have more to give than others ...you go make us proud. You do this and the next thing, I'll get you an audition for a TV commerical that United has my husband working on casting for 'go get em types of people'. I can see you are her. Just be honest and show your drive. (and NO MORE cutting down the competition. Are you from New York?

Beauty.....I see your lights in the stars. National commercials pay per showing. It adds up. Think about telling the truth.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fly, I was based in DCA for my first years, that is where i flew Sao Paulo... Then I transfered to SFO where I held a move up as well, sweet pea, you see,, oue system is much different now, intl. and domestic are integrated and we do both... You have no idea what you are talking about... Obviously... the truth hurts and it has hurt you,,, get a life fly.. I have been on the east and west coast for UAL, held move ups in both, weekends and holidays off, and you are bitter... Get over it, jealous fool... I am the one thats stating facts, you wish you were still in the know,, but you are VERY VERY old news honey... Get your facts straight, then post..

Again, just one little tiny truth....just a GRAIN.....but you seem to have so much trouble with the truth. Here are the stats for SFO for November. Now tell us again Miss Decade Flyer (that would mean approximately November 1997 seniority, right?), you hold how much international, with holidays and weekends off? Remember, I'm not retired, I'm on a leave. I have access to everything.

You've got to remember, when you are being interrogated, you have the right to remain silent...anything you say can and will be used against you.

So Miss Decade. You do NOT fly international. You do NOT have the pleasure of picking and choosing your trips. Who knows, I could be ready to return from a leave and possibly transfer to SFO and lower your seniority with these amazing numbers.

SFOSW -F/A Statistics for November 2007

SFOSW DOMICILE POPULATION AND AWARD STATS. FOR NOV 2007----

TOTAL ACTIVE POPULATION: ---> 2657 <---- ACTIVE

PURSERS: DOMESTIC: 19 INTERATIONAL: 349

RESERVES (LQ & NLQ): 582

LAST INTERNATIONAL LINE: 02/03/1992

LAST INT. PURSER LINE: 05/23/1993

LAST DOMESTIC PURSER LINE: 09/09/2000

LAST RELIEF LINE: 08/05/2000

RELIEF LINES AWARDED .....246

SENIOR DESIGNATED RESERVE..... 6/21/97

DONTTOUCHTHEBEAUTY APPROX SENIORITY......11/25/97

Looks like the only number you qualify for is RESERVE! "Lucy, you have some 'splaining tooo dooo". So why have you been trying to pretend to be something you aren't? Even that last international line held would be a horrible one but you try to imply that you hold the sweetest trips. Perhaps you get a good one on reserve occasionally, I do not doubt that, in fact I know that would be true, but to try to act as if people with ten years hold decent lines is bs.

Again Miss B, I'm not retired, I'm on a leave. I've worked this year, so I don't need a new hire informing me on how the system works. My uniform is clean and hanging in the closet. (I'd work out to SFO but I don't do domestic. :lol: )I do know how things work and I know exactly where to get the correct information when you try to spread the fairie tales.

So, for everyones sake, lets try to keep it real. K?

"What I find interesting is the fact that when we emerged from bankruptcy, Tilton had over 700k shares of common stock. He is now down to 380k, and continues to sell via an automatic sell program he and the other senior officers have in place. If he was so intent on merging, wouldn't he hang on to the shares and cash out after the merger, when the stock price would undoubtedly be much higher?

What appears to be happening is, Tilton continues to utter the words 'merger' and 'asset sale' as a way of supporting the stock price while he sells. The shorts are afraid to pounce on the stock for fear that it could happen, and they'd be caught in a short squeeze. Some hedge funds, such as Pardus, have bought up stakes in the company, and are now watching their investment head south because nothing is happening on the merger/asset sale front. As oil continues to rise, the stock price will no doubt retreat, along with every other airline's.

I'm not sure what balance/cash flow sheets these analysts are looking at, but last quarter, UAUA was in the middle of the pack concerning operating profit margins, and the cash reserve is sufficient enough to last an awful long time. Perhaps they're trying to help their buddies"

At last someone speaks the real truth about why Tilton wants to merger. He is in a hurray to get the stock price up to $80/shr so he can retire and before a Democrat Administration takes over. The whole regulatory environment will change and close the door on mergers. Ever since Tilton was brought in, the plan was to reduce capacity in the air. To do so, Tilton wants to "Merge" the airline. The Hedge Fund, Pardus, took a big stake in United and wants to cash in on their investment while they have the favorable regulatory environment.

apple-iphone-hello-lucille.jpg

Deafening, isn't it. She sure gets quiet when proven wrong! :lol: :up: :lol: :up:

Hey DTTB, what did you hold for December?

novaqt,

Trust me, even if Tilton continues to sell his common shares of UA stock, he will be well compensated in a merger. High executives are always richly rewarded. In Tilton's case, I'm sure if he agrees to go away after the merger, they'll pay him bigtime. I don't see any way that Tilton is the surviving CEO in a merger. He clearly has no interest in running an airline for the long haul. And based upon his stewardship of UA to date, he also clearly has no clue about running an airline successfully for the long haul. Of course publicly, he'd never say as much. But I would bet that behind the scenes, he would not push to remain in control. He'll get a phat golden parachute and move on to his next challenge. If UA merges with either DL, CO, or US, their management team would be the successor in my view, given that they are far superior to the group of incompetent schmucks running United.

Again, just one little tiny truth....just a GRAIN.....but you seem to have so much trouble with the truth. Here are the stats for SFO for November. Now tell us again Miss Decade Flyer (that would mean approximately November 1997 seniority, right?), you hold how much international, with holidays and weekends off? Remember, I'm not retired, I'm on a leave. I have access to everything.

You've got to remember, when you are being interrogated, you have the right to remain silent...anything you say can and will be used against you.

So Miss Decade. You do NOT fly international. You do NOT have the pleasure of picking and choosing your trips. Who knows, I could be ready to return from a leave and possibly transfer to SFO and lower your seniority with these amazing numbers.

SFOSW -F/A Statistics for November 2007

SFOSW DOMICILE POPULATION AND AWARD STATS. FOR NOV 2007----

TOTAL ACTIVE POPULATION: ---> 2657 <---- ACTIVE

PURSERS: DOMESTIC: 19 INTERATIONAL: 349

RESERVES (LQ & NLQ): 582

LAST INTERNATIONAL LINE: 02/03/1992

LAST INT. PURSER LINE: 05/23/1993

LAST DOMESTIC PURSER LINE: 09/09/2000

LAST RELIEF LINE: 08/05/2000

RELIEF LINES AWARDED .....246

SENIOR DESIGNATED RESERVE..... 6/21/97

DONTTOUCHTHEBEAUTY APPROX SENIORITY......11/25/97

Looks like the only number you qualify for is RESERVE! "Lucy, you have some 'splaining tooo dooo". So why have you been trying to pretend to be something you aren't? Even that last international line held would be a horrible one but you try to imply that you hold the sweetest trips. Perhaps you get a good one on reserve occasionally, I do not doubt that, in fact I know that would be true, but to try to act as if people with ten years hold decent lines is bs.

Again Miss B, I'm not retired, I'm on a leave. I've worked this year, so I don't need a new hire informing me on how the system works. My uniform is clean and hanging in the closet. (I'd work out to SFO but I don't do domestic. :lol: )I do know how things work and I know exactly where to get the correct information when you try to spread the fairie tales.

So, for everyones sake, lets try to keep it real. K?

So sad that you are pulling the "projected" slots... I held Christmas off - which is what i bid, on CLLR... and opted for move up with 24 and 25 restricted... my seniority is actually 2006 FLY, and you know what, you need to pull up the actual numbers, the projected numbers are always WAY off... When all the junior people started transferring to SFO, a moveup became attainable, in , yes, the domicile of near death experiences... Just b/c you didn't hold a line for 10 years doesn't mean it isn't possible now... Also, don't go by skynet numbers... People JUNIOR to me are holding move up... OMG... I must be lying though... It could never be, after all I'm supposedly not even working for UAL... Which is it??? Also, I pick up and trade into international if i so desire after my move up is awarded, so yes I do have the flexibility.. and even if i didnt hold move up, I would still be holding the days off i want and that is what really matters to me, I don't necessarily care to work with the old hags on international in SFO anyway... DCA intl crew are WAY better... GET REAL FLY... WAKE UP....

So sad that you are pulling the "projected" slots... I held Christmas off - which is what i bid, on CLLR... and opted for move up with 24 and 25 restricted... my seniority is actually 2006 FLY, and you know what, you need to pull up the actual numbers, the projected numbers are always WAY off... When all the junior people started transferring to SFO, a moveup became attainable, in , yes, the domicile of near death experiences... Just b/c you didn't hold a line for 10 years doesn't mean it isn't possible now... Also, don't go by skynet numbers... People JUNIOR to me are holding move up... OMG... I must be lying though... It could never be, after all I'm supposedly not even working for UAL... Which is it??? Also, I pick up and trade into international if i so desire after my move up is awarded, so yes I do have the flexibility.. and even if i didnt hold move up, I would still be holding the days off i want and that is what really matters to me, I don't necessarily care to work with the old hags on international in SFO anyway... DCA intl crew are WAY better... GET REAL FLY... WAKE UP....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" 2 0 0 6 " seniority ?????????

JESUS, ..did you "JUST GET OFF PROBATION" ???????

OK OK,.....NOW I understand whats going on here !

Beauty said she use to work for "Dougweiser", so having come from THAT environment, I can now understand all the "wide eyed enthusiasm"

But in the SAD reality..(I hope and pray NOT),...........beauty, you OUTRAN everyone else, down to the dock, and were the LAST person on board(seconds before they removed the gangway, from the)........TITANIC .

Sorry Beauty but I still call BS on you. You are not holding Christmas off (and xmas eve) with, what is it? 2006!!!!, seniority. The bases require a 25% reserve pool, so I doubt that there are enough below you to manage that. :lol:

Little fyi, those stats are actually quite effective in determining seniority and what it can hold. Seniority is everything and that chart determines if you have some or if you don't. At one base you can be considered senior where at another base you may be junior (in your case, it's moot....your junior).

So tell me, who are you 'trading' with to get international trips? Obviously you found a band full of "special ed" f/a's who like crappy trips and trade their SYD to you or you are BSing again. (I'm seeing a pattern) Or perhaps you want us to believe that of all the 2657 f/as in SFO, in which you are probably #2400, that all those people have missed a marvelous international trip and you got it. Right! :huh:

fyi, I think DCA Int'l crew's are WAY better too! Especially the Pursers! :rolleyes: ty! :up: