Will TWA fly again? Let''s create the new TWA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to 9/11, many airlines were doing well. AA was financially strong to say the least. But the economy, airline industry in general and 9/11 wrecked havoc even on the mighty AA. But given TWA's situation, I doubt they would have survived when the more financially sound ones teetered on and actually went in to bankruptcy!

If AA had not bought TWA, then IMHO, 9/11 would have involved TWA aircraft (TWA used to equal USA in the terrorist hijacking world), and TWA would have shut it's doors in the aftermath.

----------------
On 8/1/2003 8:49:42 AM Singleflyer wrote:

Your idea is a good as they guy who purchased Pan Am name out of BK. They are flying, you don't hear much about them, and they are not growing by leaps and bounds. I understand he has the money to keep a smal operation going. I see the same results with the old TWA brand name, but it is too bad they are both dead. But I have another idea for you to think about, start a car company and name it Studebaker.

----------------​

What about a new line of inflight, barf bags? They can be branded as Singleflyer vomit bags!
10.gif

Your idea is a good as they guy who purchased Pan Am name out of BK. They are flying, you don't hear much about them, and they are not growing by leaps and bounds. I understand he has the money to keep a smal operation going. I see the same results with the old TWA brand name, but it is too bad they are both dead. But I have another idea for you to think about, start a car company and name it Studebaker.

AAplaneareold--- May be on to something here! The name reconnition for TWA is still high out in the general public! This could be one way to beat Southwest at his own game! How about a low fare Airline, owned by A.A.? Based out of STL? But once A.A. gives up it's dominance there,it's gone for good! What a waste! To just walk away from it! Take on Southwest right in it's own backyard! But, alas! I don't think A.A. has the intestonal fortatude for takeing on Southwest anywhere!
15.gif

----------------
On 8/1/2003 8:49:42 AM Singleflyer wrote:

----------------​
I do find the Studebaker venture very interesting. Take a H2 and put a Studebaker name plate on it. Can't AAplanesareold just spray paint a TWA logo on the tail of an AA 777 and accomplish the same thing?
1.gif

----------------
On 8/1/2003 9:51:16 AM MCI transplant wrote:

AAplaneareold--- May be on to something here! The name reconnition for TWA is still high out in the general public! This could be one way to beat Southwest at his own game! How about a low fare Airline, owned by A.A.? Based out of STL? But once A.A. gives up it's dominance there,it's gone for good! What a waste! To just walk away from it! Take on Southwest right in it's own backyard! But, alas! I don't think A.A. has the intestonal fortatude for takeing on Southwest anywhere!
15.gif

----------------​

AA doesn't have the %@$#& to take on JetBlue or Southwest.
10.gif

You're right! But AA had the stupidity to take on TWA!

Good luck in the fifth grade in the upcoming school year.

----------------
On 8/1/2003 9:51:16 AM MCI transplant wrote:

----------------​
I'm really hoping that you're not serious. And if you are, I hope that you and AAplanesareold are not in the same "planning" department b/c that airline would be beyond doomed.

I'm just sitting here wondering why the moderators are not redirecting these TWA post to the AIRLINES OF THE PAST forum!?!?!?!?!

Since AMR owns the operating certificate for TW. I would say there is no chance you will ever see a new TWA. AA wouldn't let someone come in and get all the free name recognition that come with the initials and name TransWorld Airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.