WN orders split scimitar winglets for 738s

Yea, that's old news.  The 15% ROI is absolutely top priority at SWA right now.  In my opinion this is exactly why SWA is dragging their feet in nego's with all the groups at this time.  In order to reach said 15% for 2014 and 2015 they do not want to settle any contracts before 2016.  The company is stalling big time in order to reach this 15% ROIC.  This is all fine with us, but why doesn't the company just come out and tell the union groups what their intensions are?  The old SWA would have done this and all the employees would be fine with it, but nooooo, the company now wants to play games and stall with no information being directly told to the groups which make for a very volatile environment.  I said that the 15% ROIC is the main reasons for the stall tactics before, and this is why we are all seeing the multi media articles about it currently and will in the future.  It's not about the money (in a cense) it's all about the 15% ROIC to the investors. 
With the company doing this delay with all the groups they will in fact have to pay for said delay and pony up the RETRO pay they purposely triggered by the stall tactics to acquire the 15% ROIC.  Everything, in the long run, always comes at a cost, now just how bad SWA wants to achieve said goal is completely up to them, and with the W/A big day coming in Oct 2014, they better get a better grip on what is soon coming, and deside what is best for the company in the long run.  SWA would hate for the big day to be ruined as they are wanting to explode the event on the same day.  Could be disastrous if they continue as they are.  All I can say for now. Stay tuned it could get very interesting...

Reactions: 1 person
swamt  when is the projected time for those new winglets to be put on  and how long does it take to be retro fitted onto the planes with the older winglets?

Yea, that's old news.  The 15% ROI is absolutely top priority at SWA right now.  In my opinion this is exactly why SWA is dragging their feet in nego's with all the groups at this time.  In order to reach said 15% for 2014 and 2015 they do not want to settle any contracts before 2016.  The company is stalling big time in order to reach this 15% ROIC.  This is all fine with us, but why doesn't the company just come out and tell the union groups what their intensions are?  The old SWA would have done this and all the employees would be fine with it, but nooooo, the company now wants to play games and stall with no information being directly told to the groups which make for a very volatile environment.  I said that the 15% ROIC is the main reasons for the stall tactics before, and this is why we are all seeing the multi media articles about it currently and will in the future.  It's not about the money (in a cense) it's all about the 15% ROIC to the investors. 
With the company doing this delay with all the groups they will in fact have to pay for said delay and pony up the RETRO pay they purposely triggered by the stall tactics to acquire the 15% ROIC.  Everything, in the long run, always comes at a cost, now just how bad SWA wants to achieve said goal is completely up to them, and with the W/A big day coming in Oct 2014, they better get a better grip on what is soon coming, and deside what is best for the company in the long run.  SWA would hate for the big day to be ruined as they are wanting to explode the event on the same day.  Could be disastrous if they continue as they are.  All I can say for now. Stay tuned it could get very interesting...
sorry to hear this.

As I have said, WN has to deal with its high labor costs relative to its peers.

to think that WN's legendary labor relations might get tested just as WN engages in some of its most significant strategic advances is sad but not unexpected if the company and labor can't reach some agreement.

I would hate to see WN lose its labor-mgmt. employee relations history. It is nasty process once it gets started.

I wish you well. I really do.

swamt said:
WT, I have no idea what length of flights do better than shorter flights.  You could be correct about the weight to distance compare but I am sure SWA has done all the comparos.

Reference the benefit charts for the B737-800-3 on Aviation Partners website. There you will find "Fuel Savings", "Payload - Range Curves" and "Weight Impact" charts.