US Airways Orders Blended Winglets For Seven Boeing 757-200 Aircraft

If the airline only needed $7M to buy and install winglets for these 7 757-200s, I don't think they would have gone to the employees.

Why is it that everytime management makes decisions that are GOOD for the company (like this one, more intl. expansion, aircraft orders), there are still people like you whining?

It is because of the enormous give backs the company realized from the contracts with employee groups, that were negotiated in bankrupcy, that the company has these funds to expand. Like I said, we all paid for it, not Doug and his group.

If the airline only needed $7M to buy and install winglets for these 7 757-200s, I don't think they would have gone to the employees.

Why is it that everytime management makes decisions that are GOOD for the company (like this one, more intl. expansion, aircraft orders), there are still people like you whining?

WOW!! You obviously have not given anything back to US mgmt over the course of 2 bankruptcy's and now the sluggish and negative path the negotiations have brought us. Either that or your pocketing $$$ right now w/ dougie and his mgmt team...

00006282.jpg

Here's a concept photo of new US Airways 757 with blended winglets.
courtesy photo by MAP "Modified Airliner Photos"

US Airways will be starting to retro-fit all of their 7 Boeing 757-200s with Blended Winglets in January 2007 as they are repainted in the new colors...

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00006282

are our mechanics installling the winglets or is the work going to someone else. i hope it's done in house. i know that american installs them in tulsa at thier maintenace facilty.