"Working Together"

But wait, there is more to be said about this:

I agree with you on the WT scam. On the one hand the company says you guys produced $500 million in savings, then goes to the press and claims they pay their workforce $600 million more than they should. They throw a party and give you some chicken sandwiches but then say they want to pay you MRO wages even though you work for an airline.

The problem is that the company has come to expect that their every demand is met. The recent 29D regarding the upgrades and Zero experience is a perfect example. The Union screwed all the upgrades and let the company out of a situation they created. They should have told the company that the upgrades without experience cant go to the line because they dont have experience, they cant change the QAM because we are in the middle of contract negotiations, and because they cant go to the line the company cant hire anyone either. If you want to hire on the line they will have to create vacancies at the bases to facilitate the upgrades that lack the experience and then you can hire on the line. Once again, the International screwed us in NY as well. While we may be short we could use the OT instead of more workers. DFW has triple the amount of OT hours yet they arent adding heads there, I'm sure that given the choice most would choose DFW over NY1, especially the guys from AFW. Our guys really need the money but they are adding heads instead of giving us as much OT as they are offering DFW. Sure, it helps our Local Treasury to add more heads but it just means more misery for our members. The upgrades will be miserable living a transient lifestyle because they wont be able to afford housing(the company is insisting on not offering the Flex Rates) and our members will resent the fact that a lot of places where it costs a lot less to live will still be offered a ton of OT while they overstaff NY1. Forcing the company to create vacancies at the bases, would have been better for the upgrades than agreeing to lower the standards for Line Maintenance and forcing upgrades to go live and work at starting wages in New York. These people wont even have the opportunity to work OT. The next phase of the screwing will be after all the upgrades leave, then the company will start hiring right out of school. Which is what I believe their intent was all along. Once again they can always count on their friends, amazing what an A-5 pass and Admirals Club admission can get!

The AMP guys put a flyer together to bring this motion to the attention of the members who might not have read the union boards and considered going to the gates to hand it out, until we were told that the motion would be tabled and not voted on by a shop steward in the know, this was planned in advance and we where notified on the 16th that there would be no vote. Also heard somthing similar had happened to the motion to give the officers a raise but have not confirmed that one.

Pitbull

The members control the TWU right CIO, well what is your excuse this time.

The AMP guys put a flyer together to bring this motion to the attention of the members who might not have read the union boards and considered going to the gates to hand it out, until we were told that the motion would be tabled and not voted on by a shop steward in the know, this was planned in advance and we where notified on the 16th that there would be no vote. Also heard somthing similar had happened to the motion to give the officers a raise but have not confirmed that one.

Pitbull

Sounds like a good time to put together another Flyer explaining Roberts Rules of Order as it pertains to "motion to table", and further detoriation of member democracy within the TWU. Protecting them from their ignorance is a mistake. What better time to send everyone to the Union Meeting than when you know they are about to step on their D..ks? I would have produced the flyer in double volume given the insider news of a motion to table. Sending everyone down to witness first hand will always get things moving. Don't protect them, send everyone down their throat. Then they get skeered and make another predictable mistake. But the pressure must be applied, not prevented.

I have always believed that the TWU Leadership is the best Organizer money can buy. This is just another example. But each and every issue must be brought to the attention of the membership and these emotional issues are by far the best to bring forth some facts. Don't let this slip by.

Pitbull

Pfffttt....Liar

If the AMP crowd had knowledge on the 16th that the motion to table would be raised on the 22nd then why didn't they inform the members since one of AMP's mating calls is for, "transparency to the membership".... Then the radicals could have called for a stampede at Local 514....Aren't you at 565 anyway?

Sounds like a good time to put together another Flyer explaining Roberts Rules of Order as it pertains to "motion to table", and further detoriation of member democracy within the TWU. Protecting them from their ignorance is a mistake. What better time to send everyone to the Union Meeting than when you know they are about to step on their D..ks? I would have produced the flyer in double volume given the insider news of a motion to table. Sending everyone down to witness first hand will always get things moving. Don't protect them, send everyone down their throat. Then they get skeered and make another predictable mistake. But the pressure must be applied, not prevented.

I have always believed that the TWU Leadership is the best Organizer money can buy. This is just another example. But each and every issue must be brought to the attention of the membership and these emotional issues are by far the best to bring forth some facts. Don't let this slip by.

Covering up insider information....LOL :p

Pfffttt....Liar

If the AMP crowd had knowledge on the 16th that the motion to table would be raised on the 22nd then why didn't they inform the members since one of AMP's mating calls is for, "transparency to the membership".... Then the radicals could have called for a stampede at Local 514....Aren't you at 565 anyway?

And you still doubt that the motion to table could have been planned in advance.
You sure are good sheep like follower.

At least remove the blinders and develop a small amount of suspicion in everything they do, only then we you begin to view it for what it really is. Nobody will ever convince you, but once you begin to see the truth, look out, you could be dangerous. How do I know this? Because I used to be just like you.

Pfffttt....Liar

As I said the imformation came from a TWU shop steward that said the motion would be tabled,we did not trust what he said just turned out he was right, we did handout the flyer just not at the gates to try and drum up support for you guys, call me what you like but the steward told us in response to our flyer. he said and I quote "There is no reason to be handing out those flyers because the motion is not going to be voted on". and yes this was on the 16th.

On another note can you tell us did the motion to give raises to the officers suffer a similar fate? and just to be clear are you calling anyone who would vote to end the working together process a radical?

Can someone tell me WHO was chairing the Union Meeting when the motion to Susupend the Working Together Process was tabled?

<_< ------ It really doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here! ;)
Does any of this really surprise you?

I wonder how far a DFR lawsuit against the TWU would get asking for the return of all dues paid in the last 20 years (or however long each individual member has been employed at American), considering the "how well" TWU has respresented its membership at all during that period. No punitive damages, just a return of all the money our so-called "representation" didn't earn.

Probably a non-starter, but a nice thought, anyway.

Where have all the TWU Drum Bangers gone on this one?

Interesting how when you cannot answer or defend what has taken place, you just get silent and hope the discussion disappears.

Do you also go to bed at night and keep repeating "The TWU is good", "The TWU is good", like counting sheep, so that when you wake you can once again feel the need to accept less than what you deserve for your two hours pay per month in dues?

Latest posts