"Working Together"

Nope, Like you I wasn't there.

You must have tired of the leadership wanting you there to inform you of what they decided for you since last month?

Union Meetings at Local 514 are not to allow membership directional control of the Union. No they happen so that they can inform you of their latest decision effecting you work life. Of course as a smoke and mirrors game, you can vote on use of union dues for Hockey Tickets, Arena Football Tickets, Big Splash PArties, Laborfest Parties, ect.

But when it comes to real operational issues that effect your lives at work, sorry, these they decide for you and in their opinions, your best interest.

The BS of admitting wrong. I'm your huckleberry.

Dear Brother’s and Sister’s,

Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I would like to wish everyone and their families a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. During this Thanksgiving holiday and the weekend I was able to take time to think about what has transpired over the last six weeks and at the last membership meeting.

With great concern and caution, I believe the time has come to make some major changes where it comes to the organization of the “Working Together Process”(WTP). I have already started the re-organization of the WTP by sending the JPC (Joint Process Coordinators) back to their home shops. After meeting with the board I have decided to put a committee together to look at the issues and restructuring of the WTP. During this time I’m requesting that all meetings below the JLT (Joint Leadership Team) be placed on hold effective 13 Dec. 2010, pending discussion over restructuring from the floor up. Specifically, Mr. Collins and the JLT must correct the broken process of Directors and Managers making unilateral decisions on matters such as: Canceling 4/10′s, new policies of attire and toolboxes or Friday off after Thanksgiving, just to name a few examples. I’m sick and tired of being slapped in the face with issues that negatively affect our member’s lives because a manager without a business plan to support his decision changes a policy or a shift without using the WTP.

Now, with all that said, it is not my intention to do this in a vacuum. There is still a pending motion to suspend the WTP which was on the agenda to be voted on at the November Membership Meeting. After 20 minutes of debate on the motion to suspend “working together” in the 7am meeting, a motion was made to Table the question until they could get further information. In the following meetings many opinions and arguments were made about the motion to suspend the WTP and the motion to table, but no one made a motion to un-table the motion to suspend the WTP and it remains tabled as of now. Unfortunately, voting on the original motion was done incorrectly and the motion should have been to Postpone instead of Table. This is because the intent of the motion was to delay the vote until we could receive the information. That was my mistake and I apologize for it.

I spoke with David Rosen the TWU International attorney, about the motion to table or postpone and parliamentary procedure on this issue. Roberts Rules of Order are guidelines for holding a single meeting in an orderly manner so all business can be covered. Our problem lies in how to handle issues of motions to amend, postpone, lay on table etc. for multiple meetings. There is nothing in the TWU constitution or Roberts Rules that cover this exact issue and past presidents have done it different ways. Therefore, the board will be creating a policy to handle the issues of amendments, postpone and lay on the table motions to be voted on during multiple meetings in the future. As for the current motion on the table, it is proper to un-table at any of our upcoming meetings.

Sincerely,

Sam Cirri
President
Transport Workers Union of America
Local 514

Another Golden Opportunity let slip by the AMP Organizers.

Use your right to distribute, Use it when these chances are before you.

Otherwise, lick your wounds, you fail.

Another Golden Oppurtunity let slip by the AMP Organizers.

Use your right to distribute, Use it when these chances are before you.

Otherwise, lick your wounds, you fail.
Please tell us what we missed and how we failed.

Please tell us what we missed and how we failed.

You're are too stupid and emotional to see or understand.

How about after 60 years the TWU still cannot handle union business properly at a Local Union Meeting? And after 60 years, now we need a policy on how to handle union business from the membership? It just goes to show that the Leadership has always ran this union, they do not even know how to be democratic and proper. They do not even know how to allow the Local Union Membership to conduct proper business even though they claim the membership meetings are the supreme authority of the Local Union....

...Over your head aint it? OR this issue didn't really slip by you. Even though it was discussed at length and detail in this thread. Instead you were just waiting for the chance to pounce on them?

One thing is for damn sure. They are so much into to making decisions for us. They just passed up one great chance to get the membership behind them on an emotional issue and let the members decide. But as you can read, Sam and the Board are going to decide once again what is best and the members can show up to the next meeting to be told what was decided for them. Can you see the issue yet? Can you see the AMP chance slipped by yet?

This is an example of what really makes card drives happen to being with you see. The Members know they are suppose to make the decisions within a Union. The Members want to make the decisions within the Union. But the headstrong dictators do not have it within them to let of their inpecable control. Get it now?

How about after 60 years the TWU still cannot handle union business properly at a Local Union Meeting? And after 60 years, now we need a policy on how to handle union business from the membership? It just goes to show that the Leadership has always ran this union, they do not even know how to be democratic and proper. They do not even know how to allow the Local Union Membership to conduct proper business even though they claim the membership meetings are the supreme authority of the Local Union....

...Over your head aint it?

I know that we do not adhere strictly to Roberts Rules of order, admittedly I'm not an expert Parlementarian, dont think its possible due to the fact that we have multiple meetings at multiple locations and I believe your President has only been the President for less than five months not 60 years. He made an error, admitted it and is trying to correct it. Does he not deserve some credit for that? Whats the big deal? Where is the harm?

I must admit, I have it pretty easy, my members for the most part know and accept that I'm far from perfect.

We didnt put participation in Working Together to a vote to the membership, We were elected by them and we decided as their elected leaders that we were not going to participate. We as a board encouraged our members to avoid any of those Union Busting programs where unelected people off the floor end up participating in management schemes where they are considered by management to be speaking for the members. If people want an unelected title where they can help the compoany increase their productivity then go ahead and go into management.

We have to run the Local and have a certain lattitude to make decisions. Every move the Local makes should not be put to a vote by the membership, but the elected should be held responsible for the decisions they make. From what I see your President doesnt seem to have a problem accepting responsibility here.

I know that we do not adhere strictly to Roberts Rules of order, admittedly I'm not an expert Parlementarian, dont think its possible due to the fact that we have multiple meetings at multiple locations and I believe your President has only been the President for less than five months not 60 years. He made an error, admitted it and is trying to correct it. Does he not deserve some credit for that? Whats the big deal? Where is the harm?

I must admit, I have it pretty easy, my members for the most part know and accept that I'm far from perfect.

I never thought I would see the day A&P Bob Owens would be siding with Machinist me and supporting a Base Maintenance President who comes from the ranks of Fleet Service....Maybe there's hope for us after all

GO ahead and keep publicly kissing his ass to manipulate him to be on your side Bob.
In the end, you will once again suffer from the same undemocratic crap that this demonstrates. You are not that naive, of that I am sure.

Your ways of playing Politics crack me up and are quite transparent.
One of you will throw the other under the Bus soon enough. Who will it be?

I still say NOTHING has changed just because you got your NO vote and have been placed in a power position by Little. He plays the same Politics you are playing here.

I never thought I would see the day A&P Bob Owens would be siding with Machinist me and supporting a Base Maintenance President who comes from the ranks of Fleet Service....Maybe there's hope for us after all
Well that just goes to show that you dont know me. When I first ran for office the President on our slate was an Aircraft Cleaner.

Well that just goes to show that you dont know me. When I first ran for office the President on our slate was an Aircraft Cleaner.

Must be a new you, because prior to you winning your election your post's carried a much different tune. Sure hope you don't have a relapse, we need a decent contract we can all live with....Best of Luck

...Over your head aint it? OR this issue didn't really slip by you. Even though it was discussed at length and detail in this thread. Instead you were just waiting for the chance to pounce on them?

One thing is for damn sure. They are so much into to making decisions for us. They just passed up one great chance to get the membership behind them on an emotional issue and let the members decide. But as you can read, Sam and the Board are going to decide once again what is best and the members can show up to the next meeting to be told what was decided for them. Can you see the issue yet? Can you see the AMP chance slipped by yet?

This is an example of what really makes card drives happen to being with you see. The Members know they are suppose to make the decisions within a Union. The Members want to make the decisions within the Union. But the headstrong dictators do not have it within them to let of their inpecable control. Get it now?
That's it, I have to vent! I just want to let you know Informer, that for the last two nights I've been crying myself to sleeep. You accuse me of being a fool, called me stupid, say my "grandma ware's combat boots", (which she doe's, so that really doesn't bother me), and you and High Speed called me a" lemon", (don't get that one either). Emotional though? give me a break! We can some up your posts in one word, UNSTABLE.

GO ahead and keep publicly kissing his ass to manipulate him to be on your side Bob.
In the end, you will once again suffer from the same undemocratic crap that this demonstrates. You are not that naive, of that I am sure.

Your ways of playing Politics crack me up and are quite transparent.
One of you will throw the other under the Bus soon enough. Who will it be?

I guess you could call it ass kissing if you like and there's no doubt that I'm better off to have Sam as an ally than an opponent but like I said, where's the harm and doesnt he deserve some credit for saying , "hey I made a mistake"?

I actually think transparancy is a good thing.

Must be a new you, because prior to you winning your election your post's carried a much different tune. Sure hope you don't have a relapse, we need a decent contract we can all live with....Best of Luck
Really? How so? There are many who still dont like my "tune".

In my local we have recall, yes we will make decisions and if the members dont like the decisions weve made they can recall any of us at any time.

I understand a motion was made and yes it should go through the process and the board should adhere to the decision but it was apparantly tabled incorrectly, does that make Sam a dictator? I dont think so.

Latest posts