5TH week vacation coming back?

Kev3188 said:
Like I said, fill us in on just how it is that you're "certain" there's more to this?

Surely you're not merely attempting to deceive?
Just a healthy dose of skepticism. Face it, the film was put together with an agenda in mind and the subjects were hand picked. Any reasonably minded person would conclude there are facts missing and more details that need to be shared.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
yes, and you drag out stuff that happened 20 years ago while glossing over far larger things that have happened at other airlines more recently.

No one at DL doubts what happened 20 years ago. They do care about what is happening now.

DL is providing more locations for its employees to work and paying them more than their peers at other network airlines and they are handing out pay raises faster than any other airline.

When you can start dealing with today and come up with credible evidence of how DL people are worse off today, then DL people will listen to you.

The problem is that the evidence"" to make the claim you want to make doesn't exist which is why you keep trying to turn the clock back 20 years or more.

DL people know it... and Kev is right that DL people have decided and will decide the future of unions at DL.

They aren't biting.... which provides more than enough validation of the claims you are making.

When it actually changes, let me know.
"No one at DL doubts what happened 20 years ago"
NW 40 RAMP STATIONS
DL 14 RAMP STATIONS
It would be very informative to find out what was the highest number of ramp stations DL had in the past. Can someone help me with that information? I'm sure I would get the usual DL response, "I don't know" or "call 1-800 XX-XXXXX."

southwind said:
To which, if the Union doesn't get voted in, "Again", the majority has spoken !

What an amazing insight! 

Yes, any result will reflect the majority of ballots cast.

In other news, water is still wet.

southwind said:
And you know, for a fact, the 2 in the video are not, correct?

If they're guilty, why aren't they in jail?

Airlinelifer said:
"No one at DL doubts what happened 20 years ago"
NW 40 RAMP STATIONS
DL 14 RAMP STATIONS
It would be very informative to find out what was the highest number of ramp stations DL had in the past. Can someone help me with that information? I'm sure I would get the usual DL response, "I don't know" or "call 1-800 XX-XXXXX."
Most apologists find even recent history inconvenient. 

I'd be curious what the "past" number is as well. Even better if we could get a city list!

737823 said:
Face it, the film was put together with an agenda in mind...

I'm not sure that's near the revelation you think it is. Of course there's an agenda; it's a cautionary tale about what can happen as an at will employee. 

Again, what kind of "family" tosses multi-year employees out like yesterday's trash? 

Kev3188 said:
I'm not sure that's near the revelation you think it is. Of course there's an agenda; it's a cautionary tale about what can happen as an at will employee. 

Again, what kind of "family" tosses multi-year employees out like yesterday's trash?
I dunno but most people should be able to see through DLs fluff of this "values oriented" "unique culture" "Delta family", DL is a multinational corporation. You shouldn't expect to be treated like family. My family if I ever got in trouble with the law I wonder if the would "toss" me out.

So simple question Kev...you seriously believe these folks told the complete truth and are including all details and history?

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
737823 said:
I dunno but most people should be able to see through DLs fluff of this "values oriented" "unique culture" "Delta family", DL is a multinational corporation. You shouldn't expect to be treated like family. 

Yeah, you'd think that, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people are deluded into buying in to those myths. 

Those are the same people that think "If I just do my job, nothing bad will ever happen." Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way...

The answer to your question: IMO, the fact that they're "free" to do a video speaks volumes about their alleged involvement in any illegal activity.

Yeah, you'd think that, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people are deluded into buying in to those myths. 

Those are the same people that think "If I just do my job, nothing bad will ever happen." Unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way...

The answer to your question: IMO, the fact that they're "free" to do a video speaks volumes about their alleged involvement in any illegal activity.
as much as you want to try to label everything as myth or QOL, the simple fact is that DL people know what they want in a job and who delivers it.

Perhaps if you would quit calling DL employee low information long enough, the lights made go on in your head long enough for you to realize that you are slamming the very people that you somehow expect to support your causes.

Even the donkeys in Washington are smart enough to realize a little finesse goes a long ways to help achieve their goals.

What an amazing insight! 

Yes, any result will reflect the majority of ballots cast.

In other news, water is still wet.

If they're guilty, why aren't they in jail?
because every other American seems to understand that the US has a legal system that really does work....

just because there is a charge against someone doesn't mean they are automatically convicted.

If these people are really innocent, there should be no problem showing that.

But anyone w/ even a shred of knowledge about the world today knows that the US government has all kinds of data and information about all kinds of people.
The notion that someone can be charged with a crime based on trumped up charges and w/o clear evidence is simply not real today.

The chances are very high that the charge IS correct and it is the job of America's citizens to find out the truth.

Rushing to the aid of people without knowing the true and complete story and using that incomplete information to try to make a case against a company is precisely why the labor movement has zero credibility in the eyes of the average American.

You yourself have said that there are cases that unions won't touch including illegal activity. Suppose the reason that these two got no support from their peers or anyone else is because they REALLY were involved in illegal activity that is more than adequately documented? Film, fingerprints, etc are all information that a competent prosecutor and defense attorney can use - and cannot misuse w/o the BS flag being raised.

these kinds of things happen at other airlines and you don't rush to tell us how those companies mislead their people but if a few criminals show up at Delta Air Lines, the automatic assumption on your part is that DL is abusing its employees.

Just for fact checks, the dude says he gets $36/month after 17 years w/ DL. Did he not read the information that DL doesn't have a DB plan and hasn't had an active one for half of the years he has worked for DL?

we'll trust you to keep us updated on the case but I can bet my next paycheck that there is very real and solid information that you don't know that will determine the outcome of this case and has nothing to do with what you want to label as the capricious actions of DL mgmt.?

You promise to keep us posted on the case, Kev, so we can see who is right here?

In other news, we live in a democracy... in some cases direct and in some cases indirect. Just because you have chosen a position on an issue that is counter to the majority doesn't mean that you will EVER get the opportunity to see your side "WIN" even if you are ultimately shown to be right.

That is the nature of the government system we have - good, bad, or indifferent.

WorldTraveler said:
just because there is a charge against someone doesn't mean they are automatically convicted.

If these people are really innocent, there should be no problem showing that.

[/QUOTE] 

No arrests, no charges. 

The issue isn't showing their innocence- that's already been done-it's getting their employer to realize the error of it's ways, and to reverse it's decision.

This video shows just how hard that can be when all one has at their disposal is a "direct relationship."

Sadly, these 2 aren't the only ones.

So again, what kind of "family" does this to it's people?

P.S. The "$36" check was his last paycheck, not a benefit payment...

fair enough... in the absence of more definitive information, I will defer to you.

I will say that if someone has been laid off by DL, even in a RTW state, and they have no documentation in their Pfile of any problems for 15 or more years and there is no concrete evidence of wrongdoing, they need to see a lawyer.

I have a feeling, though, that there is a whole lot more to this story that isn't and won't be publicly known.

Latest posts