AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Thats not true, at least not for fleet. The only thing on the table, and already agreed to was full retro....at least for fleet. Gosh i hope you are right but if they already agreed to retro in fleet then its likely in Mx.

Evidently, the full retro pay has tax implications that can be avoided if it is looked at as a signing bonus. Again, Shiables words - not mine, and I'm paraphrasing.

Evidently, the full retro pay has tax implications that can be avoided if it is looked at as a signing bonus. Again, Shiables words - not mine, and I'm paraphrasing.
I prefer a signing bonus myself if it matches are surpasses retro...

Do you guys believe any of this nonsense that’s being put out?? No way on earth that any of this could be true!! Schiable is only repeating what his handlers are telling him, no retro, but yes to a higher signing bonus!!!
In all aspect of life we all know that bonus checks have and will be tax higher.
We seem like kids believing what the morons want us to believe.

Where is 7 weeks standard?
Teachers in mahoning county get 7 weeks standard, 12 holidays, lol
It is frustrating. The offer has not increased in value so we are losing money.
Nobody is negotiating this weekend unless sito is negotiating against Samuelson. The statement "we arent bringing back an inferior contract" is quite subjective with no exit strategy.
At the end of the day, where does this leave us?
I guess since things are burnt and exhausted with Parker that the only appearance of hope may be a new ceo. But i believe that is false hope.

I mean we have seen all this bullshit before. After the union toast and play tuff guy negotiations, it begs for a new ceo. Then accepts even less.
It wasnt long ago that the union heaped praises on parker and claimed horton was the devil.

The problem with all this is that our members stay incredibly ignorant. In fact, they pleasure in it.

Reactions: robbedagain
Do you guys believe any of this nonsense that’s being put out?? No way on earth that any of this could be true!! Schiable is only repeating what his handlers are telling him, no retro, but yes to a higher signing bonus!!!
In all aspect of life we all know that bonus checks have and will be tax higher.
There definitely discussion between the ass and company whether retro or bonus thats pretty much a fact.Union.wants retro company wants bonus.Should a 5 year agent get as much as a 39 year? Im here a long time and personally dont care either way

Teachers in mahoning county get 7 weeks standard, 12 holidays, lol

It is frustrating. The offer has not increased in value so we are losing money.
Nobody is negotiating this weekend unless sito is negotiating against Samuelson. The statement "we arent bringing back an inferior contract" is quite subjective with no exit strategy.
At the end of the day, where does this leave us?
I guess since things are burnt and exhausted with Parker that the only appearance of hope may be a new ceo. But i believe that is false hope.

I mean we have seen all this bullshit before. After the union toast and play tuff guy negotiations, it begs for a new ceo. Then accepts even less.
It wasnt long ago that the union heaped praises on parker and claimed horton was the devil.

The problem with all this is that our members stay incredibly ignorant. In fact, they pleasure in it.
I truly doubt Parker or Isom are going anywhere

There definitely discussion between the ass and company whether retro or bonus thats pretty much a fact.Union.wants retro company wants bonus.Should a 5 year agent get as much as a 39 year? Im here a long time and personally dont care either way

And you are certain that these discussions were part of the meetings that were schedule for monday and tuesday of this week?

Do not be surprised if the update that the association puts out tomorrow says that the company did not want to negotiate in good faith, that the company did not show up on time, that they even after arriving late to the meeting on monday decided to leave early on tuesday.
Promise is a false hope to a fool!!

I don't think anyone here believes much of anything anymore. Too many deplorable acts committed by the Association and mgmt.

I truly doubt Parker or Isom are going anywhere
They should be kicked to the curb. Not just because of awful relations with unionized workers, but the continued terrible performance of the company compared to peers, along with bad strategy ruining the company's reputation. They'll just buy back more stock.

And you are certain that these discussions were part of the meetings that were schedule for monday and tuesday of this week?

Do not be surprised if the update that the association puts out tomorrow says that the company did not want to negotiate in good faith, that the company did not show up on time, that they even after arriving late to the meeting on monday decided to leave early on tuesday.
Promise is a false hope to a fool!!
I know they were hung up on it so with that im sure it was discussed dont know if they agreed to it.Same person said the company backpedaled on items more than once so ....

Vortilon, Whatever the tax hit we should have the choice NOT the TWU/IAM. Take the check and change your tax status to exempt. Then adjust your tax in your paycheck for the next month or so to balance the tax hit. Just like you can do when you make get a big check from a bypass or field trip.

They should be kicked to the curb. Not just because of awful relations with unionized workers, but the continued terrible performance of the company compared to peers, along with bad strategy ruining the company's reputation. They'll just buy back more stock.[/QUOT
They blame the poor performance on the so called job action. Whether there was one or not Samuelsons big mouth sure offered some credence

Whether we get a TA soon or NOT I am hoping that the status quo that has happened every contract here at AA since the 1991 contract is NOT repeated. Most look at just the few Dollars we get not at the long term ramifications of the fine print that the TWU has allowed to be in our contracts. In the last 25 + yrs the TWU has done WHAT for US? At one point the LUS members wanted out from under the IAM. Now we all have both of these two Industrial Unions. Their whole purpose is to save numbers and get the dues for themselves. Giving up what previous negotiation committees got yrs ago and setting us back again for the next contract. We are now into 2020, When was this contract signed? Many here won't see another, so before you wish for a TA and just take what AA is offering be sure to read it.

GP, GS, RD all were at one point AMFA supporters now drinking the Kool aid. Are all of you willing to believe they are looking out for our interest or thiers?

Let's just work together LUS & LAA, Title 1 & Title 2 to bring a new bargaining unit to AA. Don't let the TWU/IAM have their name on our Next Contract.

Latest posts