AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a useful little tool for when you have a lazy f/a that tries to deny there is such a thing as an arrival service.

Cabin Service chart. Pick it up in the crew room. I keep one in my purse at all times.

BC+

Beverage & In-Flight Cafe

Arrival beverage service 60-90 minutes prior to landing. Red-eyes,too.

I have one - love it. But what do ya do when they say, "I dunno, everyone is asleep" or give you some other dumb excuse?

I just worked with a real prize. Wouldn't answer any call bells no matter how bad I insulted her. The best one was when she had just picked up trash, a call bell goes off at the first row of coach. She rolls her eyes at me and says you aren't going to make me get that...are you?? I said yes you are. It is in your JOB DESCRIPTION!! Hello! I told her I was going to file for understaffing too. :up:

I wonder if anyone would sponsor a sociological study of the meaning of flight attendant call bells. Like what percentage of bells are for "a cup of water because I have to take this pill" or "Can I get a pillow and a blanket? What?!?! You are going to CHARGE for that?! *huffs* NEVERMIND." Or how about "This person is in my seat." My all time fav is when they ring the bell, usually 30 seconds after you've picked up in the cabin and sat down on that glamourous jumpseat, to hand you their "emergency garbage."

Has anyone ever had an emergency when the call bells go off? Do you think anyone rang the bells when that lunatic on the DTW flight tried to light his crotch on Christmas? *Welcome to the Christmas Crotch Lighting*
Ding ding ding ding, can we get a Halon up in here?!?! Ding ding ding!!!

I feel sorry for our pax sometimes. I really do.

OK. I'm new here on these boards. But is all this regarding this weekends airbus cancels as well? Does it relate to all these issues? I guess, as a union member with reservations, I have seen this year in and year out for years over holidays. Sad part is, usually its the pilots. We were told yesterday it was due to lack of pilots the airbus cancels on sat/sun. So, here we are, one of the lowest paid in the company and we have to sit and deal with passengers all week already screaming and yelling over all the weather cancels and now this weekend crew cancels on mostly airbus flights. I don't know, but what ever happened to old fashioned...go to work...do your job...go home. Why is everyone so self-centered in demanding their "rights" all the time? Where do other union employees care about how their decisions affect others within the company?

You think you're affecting management! HA!! They're home, enjoying their families this week. It's the other union employees who have to work overtime because of the selfish cancels this weekend now too. I don't know, harass me all you want on this issue, but seems very wrong ethically in my book, but over 10+ years with HP and now US and seems it's constantly like this every holiday.

Where you aware that with the October Pilots bid that the company had already scheduled flights on the airbus when they did not have enough pilots trained to fly the flights. The coverage or I should say lack of coverage is not because of crewmembers it is due to poor management decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back