AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
After completing my trip I'm left without a word to describe it. I can't believe we have flight attendants as UNEDUCATED on work issues, negotiations, their contract, service onboard and best yet who Hector Adler is. I said, "He replaced Sherry Shamblin". Only to have them not know who she was either. This is your CAREER people. It's no wonder why the company doesn't take AFA serious at all. If your union is as strong as its weakest member we're in BIG, BIG, BIG trouble. Talk about a clueless bunch. I was sitting in the crew room by the computers listening to some pretty senior folks having the "split from pilots" debate. Listening to two of them I'm convinced they'd have trouble jumping from a burning building if they were on the 1st floor. :rolleyes: I mean WOW ! ! ! ! :blink:

If your union is as strong as its weakest member we're in BIG, BIG, BIG trouble. Talk about a clueless bunch. I was sitting in the crew room by the computers listening to some pretty senior folks having the "split from pilots" debate. Listening to two of them I'm convinced they'd have trouble jumping from a burning building if they were on the 1st floor. :rolleyes: I mean WOW ! ! ! ! :blink:

It doesn't help the matter that there really has been no definitive communication or updates from the union for the past 4 years.

Clueless is still clueless. But one uneducated "know it all" on the jump seat disseminating
their interpretation of the contract is a dangerous thing.

Time to start making the F/A accountable for THEIR future....first step learn your contract.
Now you need a law degree to sift through all the superfluous "legaease", but if you don't understand it ...... Ask a union rep.

If they don't know - call the MEC and your negotiation team. They work for you. There are enough loopholes in the current contract to fly a 330 through it - see what they say. If THEY don't know or can't explain it to you : VOTE THEM OUT OF OFFICE.

Bottom line: No matter who is in the union or doing the negotiations - if the F/A aren't involved in the process - they (and US) will get what they deserve.

After completing my trip I'm left without a word to describe it. I can't believe we have flight attendants as UNEDUCATED on work issues, negotiations, their contract, service onboard and best yet who Hector Adler is. I said, "He replaced Sherry Shamblin". Only to have them not know who she was either. This is your CAREER people. It's no wonder why the company doesn't take AFA serious at all. If your union is as strong as its weakest member we're in BIG, BIG, BIG trouble. Talk about a clueless bunch. I was sitting in the crew room by the computers listening to some pretty senior folks having the "split from pilots" debate. Listening to two of them I'm convinced they'd have trouble jumping from a burning building if they were on the 1st floor. :rolleyes: I mean WOW ! ! ! ! :blink:

AMEN. I don't know how some of these idiots pass recurrent. I'm sick of trying to convince some of them that we're supposed to do more than one beverage service on a trans-con. How about get off your lazy rear end, put the US Weekly down for fifteen minutes, and, I dunno, DO YOUR F'n job?!?!

These are the ones who get their cushy schedules, drop what they don't want, whine about not getting all one-days, and have no clue some of us are B-scale still.

I'm sick of the mentality, and vecause they are senior to you, they rule the roost, brains or not, backbone or not.

Wait....I had a male f/a tell me that an arrival beverage has NEVER been done on a redeye. I asked him what airline he worked for. The other lazy, sports illustrated reading, don't know a trash bag, I don't get call bells f/a agreed. Unbelievable. Wait, believable. :rolleyes:

Oh and Glucose I think some don't even know their local union phone number. I bet you'd easily find some f/a's out there that couldn't name more than two people in their local office. It's really quite sad. They don't know anything. I just want to take them and throw them out the 4L door. :lol:

AMEN. I don't know how some of these idiots pass recurrent. I'm sick of trying to convince some of them that we're supposed to do more than one beverage service on a trans-con. How about get off your lazy rear end, put the US Weekly down for fifteen minutes, and, I dunno, DO YOUR F'n job?!?!

These are the ones who get their cushy schedules, drop what they don't want, whine about not getting all one-days, and have no clue some of us are B-scale still.

I'm sick of the mentality, and vecause they are senior to you, they rule the roost, brains or not, backbone or not.

Quite frankly the mentality SUCKS! Some of them act so stressed out when that AIL starts rolling at 12 noon and they can't watch the computer to see what they are going to get for the next day. Complaining that there is "nothing" left when they get to their seniority number. Try not even having a measley AM OPR assignment to snag.

Seriously, why will they(MF/CA/etc) not wake up and do their research on other carriers of our size instead of saying " OH THE SENIORS WON'T GO FOR THAT!" If I hear or read one more comment like that I'm going to projectile like the Exorcist all over the system!

After completing my trip I'm left without a word to describe it. I can't believe we have flight attendants as UNEDUCATED on work issues, negotiations, their contract, service onboard and best yet who Hector Adler is.

Rumors are buzzing that Hector may not be here much longer, anyways. Doug Parker and Scott Kirby are not giving him the financial backing to do anything to improve the Inflight product. I have also heard that Hector has been pushing for us to have a combined contract by the first quarter of 2010. Again, Doug and Scott are NOT interested in us having a combined contract anytime in the near future and have not been allowing him to expedite the negotiations of important sections of our contract that have yet to be settled.

The very most senior executive levels of our management team (ie. Kirby and Parker) have done nothing but throw roadblocks in front of Hector since he took the department helm. It's discouraging and, from what I have heard, Hector is beyond frustrated. :down:

On a funny note I say YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAH to Hector for our new beverage cup. Long live the new US beverage cup. :lol: Sorry couldn't resist with all the talk of trash bags and beverage cups long ago. :lol:

Wait....I had a male f/a tell me that an arrival beverage has NEVER been done on a redeye. I asked him what airline he worked for. The other lazy, sports illustrated reading, don't know a trash bag, I don't get call bells f/a agreed. Unbelievable. Wait, believable. :rolleyes:

Oh and Glucose I think some don't even know their local union phone number. I bet you'd easily find some f/a's out there that couldn't name more than two people in their local office. It's really quite sad. They don't know anything. I just want to take them and throw them out the 4L door. :lol:

I've heard that too about the arrival service. I'm like WHAT DO YOU THINK AN ARRIVAL SERVICE IS? WE ARE ARRIVING. I'm becoming bitter at my zwsty old age of early-30-something. Two words. BUY OUT.
Agreed on the regurgitation from MF of the CBS messages. Fact is I get more info that is factual and helpful from this forum of spittle-stews than from the MEC. Pathetic.

I couldn't agree more!

Seniority is no excuse to be an idiot, and worse, a terrible flight attendant. One service in a transcon, push-pull and no juice and water services on transatlantic- these people are lazy, rude to the customers, and do not seem to realize how unemployable they are. Yet they have no consequences. They speak to customers and co-workers however they feel. They despise the customers (which has been passed down from the top) and think their job is commuting. They are held to no standards, are not punished for failing to perform basic job duties or wear the prescribed uniform, and are not even disciplined for STEALING from co-workers (overflying).

The good thing for us is that they are indeed stupid, sheltered, apathetic and ignorant of the rest of the industry and even their own contract They don't go to meetings, many of them don't vote because they are lazy or literally don't know how to, and some vote simply on what they overheard in the galley.

We, on the other hand are different. We have had furloughs, LTO, MAA, displacements etc that have put us in the center of the action in regards to results of what is voted for. We show up at the meetings looking for answers. We have friends at or have worked for other airlines and see that not everyone punishes parts of their seniority list and gets away with it. We know how to use current technology and have job skills for a post-1989 world. We discuss issues on USAviation and Facebook. We have less to lose and more to gain than the people described above, and THAT is the true leverage. If we can keep the momentum up and turn 'angry reserves' into 'informed voters and activists' I think we can drown out the people who keep this horribly selfish system alive.

Rumors are buzzing that Hector may not be here much longer, anyways. Doug Parker and Scott Kirby are not giving him the financial backing to do anything to improve the Inflight product. I have also heard that Hector has been pushing for us to have a combined contract by the first quarter of 2010. Again, Doug and Scott are NOT interested in us having a combined contract anytime in the near future and have not been allowing him to expedite the negotiations of important sections of our contract that have yet to be settled.

The very most senior executive levels of our management team (ie. Kirby and Parker) have done nothing but throw roadblocks in front of Hector since he took the department helm. It's discouraging and, from what I have heard, Hector is beyond frustrated. :down:

Amazing! This type of operation must really frustrate Hector. Scoot and Weiser can't push him around or brainwash him like Shambles. We need Hector here, he has a great reputation throughout the industry and I can tell he has tried to make some change. This sucks for everyone. Sucks for the West flight attendants because they haven't had a raise since 99' and still do not make the same the East makes after our 2 BK and 30% pay cut.

I've heard that too about the arrival service. I'm like WHAT DO YOU THINK AN ARRIVAL SERVICE IS? WE ARE ARRIVING. I'm becoming bitter at my zwsty old age of early-30-something. Two words. BUY OUT.
Agreed on the regurgitation from MF of the CBS messages. Fact is I get more info that is factual and helpful from this forum of spittle-stews than from the MEC. Pathetic.

Holy chocolate crepes sorry about the triple post. My crackberry went arye. Have mercy, Mods! Sowwwwyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back