AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
you all have to ask yourself with all the angry emails going around on the sideletter why this didnt pass. look no further than the largest base phl and dc. can you say ROLL CALL ROLL CALL ROLL CALL. Look no further than JM JM JM and AB AB AB!!! they really didn't want it to pass they knew it was a shady deal and wanted to put the other people on the mec in the line of fire. its easier to redirect the flames than take the heat yourself. i feel oh so sorry for all of us.

Baja,

I wish to god you would learn how to write. Or at least make some damn sense. And I know you can do both. And I'm not being mean....please read what you're posting.

i did read it. made sense to me but i write in my head and sometimes comes out in metaphors. :ph34r: off to st. thomas!

I got what Baja is saying ;) We all know you have a colorful writing style. Since I have flown with you many times it makes sense when I read your post. I miss those days in PHL.

I'm sorry but I think that the proposal was obscene. Talk about entrenching the idea of working for nothing.

Reserves need a new system. Willing to do side letter.

Company says nothing outside a negotiated agreement.

BUT! We'll let you work company trips like ETB and not give you credit for them. That we'll do in a side letter! (Depressing expectations is always good, fools them later into thinking they gained something and we're getting them so desperately poor by now they'll do anything for a couple of bucks.)

Keep you eye on the ball people. If you want to make extra money, temp or tend bar, it'll be more lucrative, you'll sleep in your own bed and it will signal to the company that you're not an animal on a chain to be jerked around.

At least with ETB you're helping out another FA, with the company's idea, you're helping them for free. They get to reap what they sow. Rescuing them from their abysmal management is beyond passe.

I'm sorry but I think that the proposal was obscene. Talk about entrenching the idea of working for nothing.

They get to reap what they sow. Rescuing them from their abysmal management is beyond passe.

Very well said. I, for one, am committed to my 2nd job in 2010, which pays so much more and does not require a 20 year electronic leash and work every holiday...

I didn't sign up for this, and with the incompetant people in charge of our airline security, I don't care for the anxiety attacks regarding the foreign nationals who want to kill us.

F that.

From my understanding this was completely voluntary on the part of the reserves. If they want to fly on the INV days they can, and it would be paid above their pay guarantee. If they don't want to, they don't have to. In my opinion, the union just kissed away an opportunity for a reserve to decide for themselves whether or not they would like to pick up additional time to increase their pay. Obviously some within the union doesn't believe the reserves deserve an opportunity to increase their earning potential outside of single agreement either. Thats okay though because in just a few short months those sitting their making decisions that effect my life will no longer be collecting a paycheck from AFA, buh-bye!

Anyone else having issues with the 800 number? Sometimes it answers, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will but then go silent when it's supposed to give you the voice prompts.

Ok all we hear is how the company won't EVEN entertain the notion of negotiating outside of joint negotiations but we see THIS? Ok and what reason do you think the company would agree to this? Out of the goodness of their heart for the reserves? Give me a break. As a reserve your willing to work COMPANY TIME trips just to get cash above your guarantee? Get a part time job then. For a reserve to even THINK this is a good idea....UGGGGGGH! ! ! ! :rolleyes: Voluntary or not it makes the reserve group look desperate, hungry for ANYTHING the company will throw their way and basically pathetic. Basically letting the company know they have you by the man berries. Wanna negotiate a little "side letter"? GIVE ME MY SENIORITY and let me MAKE A LIVING morons. :rolleyes:

WE DESERVE BETTER AND NOW! ! ! !

Ok all we hear is how the company won't EVEN entertain the notion of negotiating outside of joint negotiations but we see THIS? Ok and what reason do you think the company would agree to this? Out of the goodness of their heart for the reserves? Give me a break. As a reserve your willing to work COMPANY TIME trips just to get cash above your guarantee? Get a part time job then. For a reserve to even THINK this is a good idea....UGGGGGGH! ! ! ! :rolleyes: Voluntary or not it makes the reserve group look desperate, hungry for ANYTHING the company will throw their way and basically pathetic. Basically letting the company know they have you by the man berries. Wanna negotiate a little "side letter"? GIVE ME MY SENIORITY and let me MAKE A LIVING morons. :rolleyes:

WE DESERVE BETTER AND NOW! ! ! !
It could of been THEIR choice whether or not they chose to fly on their INV days for additional pay not the companies. Obviously the union will not entertain the notion of negotiating outside of joint negotiations either. This was an opportunity for the reserves at this company to be able to make a decision for themselves based on their own personal situations on whether or not they take a company time trip on their INV days for pay no credit. Shame on those 3 LECP's for thinking we are not capable of deciding for ourselves what we need. Two of those three represent barely over 500 of the entire membership and they end up making a decision that effects all of us. Thank God they will no longer be in their positions and as a CLT based flight attendant I will lobby to anyone that will listen that Ms. AC needs to go as well.

Obviously the union will not entertain the notion of negotiating outside of joint negotiations either.

And the Union absolutely should not. NO way no how, I don't care if it does benefit us reserves with a few extra $$. Funny that the Company has not been worried about me making rent until they suddenly find themselves short.

ENOUGH with offering the Company any sort of contractual relief in the form of a "side letter". Tell me, when the AFA sent ~14 recommendations to Mgmt when the FAA mandated 30/7 rules went through and ETB pickups became next to impossible for us, exactly how many did the Company implement for us? They let the BH's drop to 40 hours to "help" the reserves. Everything else? REJECTED. Gimme a break. Enough is enough. You want relief from your FA's? NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT. Get serious.

This was an opportunity for the reserves at this company to be able to make a decision for themselves based on their own personal situations on whether or not they take a company time trip on their INV days for pay no credit.

No, this was an opportunity for the AFA to grant yet MORE contractual relief to the Company, in exchange for me working MORE of my precious days off to pay my rent. Like I said, they haven't been bothered by this LTO system since it was implemented, why should we jump to help them now? And, not for nothing, but aren't we still working under a DOUBLE concessionary contract? How much more do they want? How much more are you people willing to give?

Shame on those 3 LECP's for thinking we are not capable of deciding for ourselves what we need.

100% Disagree. Congrats to those LEC's for protecting what little integrity this group has left. I am glad that they didn't once again "roll over" (like PHL and DCA LEC's did) and grant the Company more relief outside of a joint contract. Thank you BOS, LGA, and CLT LEC's!

Two of those three represent barely over 500 of the entire membership and they end up making a decision that effects all of us.

Tell me, was it not possible for DCA and PHL LEC's to overturn this vote due to the size of their bases? Anyone?

It could of been THEIR choice whether or not they chose to fly on their INV days for additional pay not the companies. Obviously the union will not entertain the notion of negotiating outside of joint negotiations either. This was an opportunity for the reserves at this company to be able to make a decision for themselves based on their own personal situations on whether or not they take a company time trip on their INV days for pay no credit. Shame on those 3 LECP's for thinking we are not capable of deciding for ourselves what we need. Two of those three represent barely over 500 of the entire membership and they end up making a decision that effects all of us. Thank God they will no longer be in their positions and as a CLT based flight attendant I will lobby to anyone that will listen that Ms. AC needs to go as well.

Your not seeing this as handing something to the company is ASTOUNDING!! ! ! The company finds themselves short so they offer the "option" for reserves to cover their behinds? So they will yet again depend on the RESERVES when times are tough? This is a concession and a giveaway no matter HOW you try to cut it. BRAVO for voting this CONCESSION down. :up: Want relief? Negotiate it in a new contract.

Your not seeing this as handing something to the company is ASTOUNDING!! ! ! The company finds themselves short so they offer the "option" for reserves to cover their behinds? So they will yet again depend on the RESERVES when times are tough? This is a concession and a giveaway no matter HOW you try to cut it. BRAVO for voting this CONCESSION down. :up: Want relief? Negotiate it in a new contract.
Shame on you for not seeing the bigger picture. The reserves on this property are big enough to decide for themselves if they want to work on their INV days or not. Just because this was signed as a side letter doesn't mean any reserve would of taken advantage of it. So what relief is there for the company if no one made themselves AVL on an INV day? Who cares what motivated the company this isn't about the company, this is about providing some much needed economical relief for the reserves on this property outside of a single agreement. Which obviously the union has decided they will not negotiate either. This was completely VOLUNTARY on behalf of the reserves there was no guarantee of relief for the company on days they needed it. What fools we have making decisions on our behalf.

Shame on you for not seeing the bigger picture. The reserves on this property are big enough to decide for themselves if they want to work on their INV days or not. Just because this was signed as a side letter doesn't mean any reserve would of taken advantage of it. So what relief is there for the company if no one made themselves AVL on an INV day? Who cares what motivated the company this isn't about the company, this is about providing some much needed economical relief for the reserves on this property outside of a single agreement. Which obviously the union has decided they will not negotiate either. This was completely VOLUNTARY on behalf of the reserves there was no guarantee of relief for the company on days they needed it. What fools we have making decisions on our behalf.
Not seeing the bigger picture? The issue isn't about reserves making decisions for themselves but BENDING OVER for the company. You ask how the company would find relief? My worry is about the employee NOT the company and their inability to staff correctly. Why do you think the company was so quick to sign away on this? Enlighten us PLEASE! ! ! ! :lol:

Actually, I think that you (Flyonthewall) are missing the bigger picture.

No relief.

Never.

Negotiate a single contract, and within it they can solve the problems if they use half a brain.

Granting the company anything right now is counter productive. They care nothing about morale, much less how you pay your bills. Allowing anyone, blockholder/reserve, a couple hundred dollars to submarine our abysmal, bankruptcy contract is unacceptable. They perpetuate and refuse to change this Godawful system and they can sit in their own mess.

There will be no rescue provided to them, and certainly not by underpaid, abused reserves.

If you want a an independent only out for myself job this can't be it. When the economy improves I suggest you look for one if that is the way you want it to operate. US would love it if we had a lot of you, easier to divide and decimate.

Bravo to the LECs that did see the BIG PICTURE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back