ALPA/USAPA Thread for the Week 5/22 to 5/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
"While Capt. Beebe made incredible and lasting contributions to our union,.." Hey-Zuess!..I think I'm actually gonna' puke....My most recent memory of that worthless SOB's a comrade getitng a "signed letter" from him..demanding a buncha' money, and threatening BS...all for the greater glory of Alpa.

The gentleman in question that was replaced by alpa was representing his own personal interests (IE: his gludius maximus) and did not have the courage to give a dissenting opinion to those around him.

He was replaced by a Northwest pilot to provide calm to the storm of the Northwest pilots in their outrage of the delta pilots going to management covering their asses without the blessings of their union "brothers" at Northwest. How ironic that an alpa shill was replaced by another alpa shill. Bohica warning to Northwest pilots.

Regarding the situation for the pilots of US Airways. They are doing what we would have done and we are doing what they would have done.

You guys all need to quit living in the past.

Alpa's gone and Nic's "dead"..and yet YOU speak of "living in the past"? :lol: No matter. I can recall some arrogant little AWA twit/puppy, many months ago posting "We are the Future"..as if that was supposed to impress, or even seem "sane". I recall my response was "Let us all know when you're the Now ;)

The Past isn't such a bad place to bear in mind for reference...oops..Nos beat me to it ;)

We're not entitled to anything and neither are you. You might want to learn that lesson before the next merger.

If you really feel that way, you are a rare westie. Most seem to think they are entitled to it all, and now. Me entitled? I feel lucky to have what I have, just don't want someone that was never in line for it, given it.

We're not entitled to anything and neither are you. You might want to learn that lesson before the next merger.

Are you going back to Ameircan Airlines? Do they allow you to pass recall? I know you are a TWA pilot that was hired at the very end. Your thought please sir.

"The total complement now has three captains, three first officers, and former first officer Kevin Horner, previously of TWA and now back flying at AA. It is important to note that three members were former Merger Committee members; Eric, Russ and Kevin- both Russ and Kevin were active on the MC during the seniority integration proceedings. Kevin also brings a separate, third-party point-of-view that the remainder of the board feels both necessary and important."

The reason I was asking is because another member of the america west pilot group was listed as going back to american airlines. I was just curious about the recall rules. If some one is recalled back to american airlines and accepts it, are they allowed to keep their US Airways/ america west seniority number? Your thoughts sir.

Army of leonidas web site click here

... are they allowed to keep their US Airways/ america west seniority number? Your thoughts sir.

Army of leonidas web site click here

I'd hope that any of the ex-TWA's would have some shot at American..especially after all of Alpa's "kindness" to them.

As for The "Army"?..(sorry..I'll always have to laugh at such pathetic, childish BS)..and AWAPPA?...It seems that, even after almost six weeks post election..that their collective top-level "geniuses", are still "Harrumphing" around, just to see "Who's on first?" within their alleged "leadership's" little, combined "empire"....Must be that good old Alpa training running true to form = Talk a big, tough game/Do nothing..but make sure to take people's money in the meanwhile ;) I can't speak for others..but I know that I'm extremely stressed.....Snore.....

ExB717: "We're not entitled to anything and neither are you." I could not possibly agree more. Seniority should be EARNED, by time and work..and never "awarded" like some kewpie-doll at a carnivale.

"With the economic window we're in, I think we'll see something in 4 years." You're flat-out joking I assume? Without significant environmental changes..this place won't even exist in four years
Good catch EastUS.

I guess I should have said "You guys will see something in 4 years, if ever."

Good catch EastUS.

I guess I should have said "You guys will see something in 4 years, if ever."

"I guess I should have said"

Please..don't be too hard on yourself. That would have required a tad bit of projected situational awareness on your part, some actual intelligence, and far, far greater perceptive abilites than you/your crowd seem to possess, or even be capable of. Don't fret though..we know that you are really trying. Heck..it's even "cute' in it's own sort of way :lol: "You guys" will "see something" a lot sooner than four years in any case. Seriously: Have fun with your attitude in the meanwhile. Life's far too short to forgo enjoying it on a day-by-day, moment-to-moment basis....which is a suggested notion for all your "heroic" AWA fantasies...savor the moments..while you can. If you're still alive 10-20-30 years after all of this..you'll eventually laugh at all of it.;) If on no other posting issue ever..trust me at least on that. The west "pilots" childishly BS's aroiund as if this were, even remotely, (and only exclusively within Fantasyland)... "war"..well...news flash = Nobody's going to die over this situation. ;)

No need to seriously strain yourself, and trouble with any response..I/we out east already know that it's all just hopeless....and that "You won't even get 200 cards!"/etc....umm..I forgot your immediately-post-Nic "Booyashaka!"..sorry ;) We know..sigh..We know ="The Great and Powerfull Oz-West has the situation well in hand!".."Pay no attention to those pathetic jerkovs behind the curtain!" ..We've gotten that already....Snore.

Fly Safe/Have Fun ;)

I did not say forget the past, just don't live in it.

Excellent suggestion. There exists NO AWA, nor independant US anymore..and we're in this clusterf--k together. No..I don't much like it either..but that's life.

I did not say forget the past, just don't live in it.

Umm..how about we try getting along at some level?...I know, I know = "No fences!....No negotiations!..."Nic Rules!!" If I missed more than a thousand or so, self-"righteous", westie-BS taunts..forgive me..but..about that getting along thing? ;)..any honest ideas? Without the slightest smart-assed thoughts meant = I'd like nothing better than to see this horrendous mess settled as best that we can. I'll not fly under false colors = I don't think very highly of your group, to say the least.....but we have to eventually work things out.

As for "living in the past" = Alpa's gone and Nic's "dead"..and yet YOU speak of "living in the past"?

Are you going back to Ameircan Airlines?
I don't know. My current plan is to defer. Despite the degradation here since the merger it's still a better work environment than at AA. Ultimately I'll just have to see which job seems worse. At the going rate I would've been offered recall around September but they've just announced cessation of recalls so it's a moot point for now.
Do they allow you to pass recall?
One of the few decent things about the APA contract: we can defer recall for three years past the time the junior guy gets offered recall. Plus, there's no furlough time limit.
I know you are a TWA pilot that was hired at the very end.
"At the end"? I was hired in '99 and had 400 (out of 2300) below me.
If some one is recalled back to american airlines and accepts it, are they allowed to keep their US Airways/ america west seniority number?
I don't know of any airline that allows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back