American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
no doubt and i'm fairly sure the assoc. is aware...maybe more so about their lus insurance. what they can say in public and in private about wages are two different things?

again, it's not 1949 and i'm not sure what a 2018 union can do to show it's unhappiness towards a stingy company?

bottom line...delta took it's jet fuel windfall and shared it with it's employees and shareholders (dividends).

aa took it's jet fuel windfall and shared it with shareholders (buy backs).

going forward, until further notice...dl will continue to share with it's employees while aa is getting even more stingier towards it's 'team' members.

after the merger, not sure what fsc costs the company yearly in wages/benefits? maybe $800-$950 million a year? maybe someone from the assoc. can tell us?

the company just announced a fresh $2 billion buyback to expire in 2020. $1 billion a year.

in lieu of pathetic PS, if the company threw $75 million more per year in enhancements, maybe we'd get a contract and we wouldn't be posting here anymore? $375 million over a 5 year deal.

as of last year, southwest's labor costs took up 34% of their revenues, while aa's was only 28% - and aa's revenues are a lot more than southwest's.

majority non-union delta spent 32% of it's revenues on labor costs.

the labor costs percentages show just how stingy the world's largest airline is towards it's employees.
Capture.PNG

11816 / 31603 = 37.38% is mainline labor cost for LAA in 2017. Add in fuel and its 56.77% of expenditures.

Last edited:
AANOTOK. I know you hate my guts but are you willing to be honest about who derails these threads?

It always has a starting point.

Exactly! So who’s playing who?

I think it’s pretty simple actually. The Company put out that offer as both a tester and a pressure cooker for the weaker individuals among us to apply pressure on our Negotiators. I’m also sure in a lot of areas they really do believe it’s a good offer. I don’t think anyone’s really playing anyone else.

The Association can call the Company and say we think we might want to consider that offer you floated out there or the Company can say we have a modified offer we would like the Association to consider.

The Company (Parker) has his main responsibility to the owners of AA, the Shareholders. We’re by far not his # 1 priority. We’re not in direct public contact for Customer service.

The IAM and TWU is paid by us to represent us. We’re supposed to be their primary focus. I say supposed to be because too many think they represent everyone else but us sadly. Some people criticize absolutely EVERYTHING they do or try. (At least on Forums that is)

Anyway who’s playing who? You mean who’s lying? Who do you want to believe?

Your sentence is incoherent and indecipherable.
Not really . if u went thru what we LUS went thru then you wld fully understand what im saying. 2nd DP himself clearly and unequivocally stated AA will never lose money again and furthermore he stated that AA will have industry leading contracts. However his actions so far are fruitless

Not really . if u went thru what we LUS went thru then you wld fully understand what im saying. 2nd DP himself clearly and unequivocally stated AA will never lose money again and furthermore he stated that AA will have industry leading contracts. However his actions so far are fruitless

Robbed you’re wasting bandwidth. Bob sees dramatic improvements financially for him in his mind and he has no regard for any stories that might keep him away from that goal.

Bob has an almost desperate need now to make up for lost time so he’s probably exacerbating in anxiety. Bob doesn’t have a Pension so he has to play catch up on that 401k if he hopes to leave work life at a reasonable age.

He also doesn’t believe that accepting the deal as it is “could” potentially lose him money if he’s forced down to PT. Maybe he’s right though and it won’t get to him? T5Towbar told the story the other day of all the downgrades in ORD at UAL after they signed their deal.

But hey Bob has his right to advocate for whatever he wants.

Robbed you’re wasting bandwidth. Bob sees dramatic improvements financially for him in his mind and he has no regard for any stories that might keep him away from that goal.

Bob has an almost desperate need now to make up for lost time so he’s probably exacerbating in anxiety. Bob doesn’t have a Pension so he has to play catch up on that 401k if he hopes to leave work life at a reasonable age.

He also doesn’t believe that accepting the deal as it is “could” potentially lose him money if he’s forced down to PT. Maybe he’s right though and it won’t get to him? T5Towbar told the story the other day of all the downgrades in ORD at UAL after they signed their deal.

But hey Bob has his right to advocate for whatever he wants.

Got to give ya a laughing face on that one, just because you really do enjoy putting words in other people’s mouths, well sorry Weez, you are not putting anything in my mouth. Don’t give a flying F about what ever doomy picture you are trying to paint of me or of the hazards of taking the deal as is. Sorry dude, you know nothing.

Got to give ya a laughing face on that one, just because you really do enjoy putting words in other people’s mouths, well sorry Weez, you are not putting anything in my mouth. Don’t give a flying F about what ever doomy picture you are trying to paint of me or of the hazards of taking the deal as is. Sorry dude, you know nothing.

Bob when are you going to put out your detailed breakdown summation of why if it was released as a TA as stated it would pass?

What’s the point of putting anything out if it has a strong likelihood of failure.

Yes. I agree. With the rising fuel cost the co. will use that to their advantage big time. MM, I hate sat it but if you guys do not get something soon it may very well be a long, long time. This is a very bad timing for the rise of fuel cost as you guys are pretty close to having something.

Part of the argument is not just about getting something, but also trying to keep something.

You will see at the end and you will still be amazed. I know, it suks being uninformed and left in the dark with this asso. you guys have to deals with. Hopefully the mechanics will get smart enough to make the change required to get a real union in there to represent them.

Now wait for the co's response for the fuel going up. I predict AA using it to their advantage.
Well probably coming true Brent just hit over $80 a barrel, and WTI hit $72.

I think it’s pretty simple actually. The Company put out that offer as both a tester and a pressure cooker for the weaker individuals among us to apply pressure on our Negotiators. I’m also sure in a lot of areas they really do believe it’s a good offer. I don’t think anyone’s really playing anyone else.

The Association can call the Company and say we think we might want to consider that offer you floated out there or the Company can say we have a modified offer we would like the Association to consider.

The Company (Parker) has his main responsibility to the owners of AA, the Shareholders. We’re by far not his # 1 priority. We’re not in direct public contact for Customer service.

The IAM and TWU is paid by us to represent us. We’re supposed to be their primary focus. I say supposed to be because too many think they represent everyone else but us sadly. Some people criticize absolutely EVERYTHING they do or try. (At least on Forums that is)

Anyway who’s playing who? You mean who’s lying? Who do you want to believe?
In all negotiations Weazz there is a little truth bending from both sides Union and the company. The company wants to save money, and the union wants to get you what they can, because then their dues money goes up, they have expenses too, just like any business.

Well probably coming true Brent just hit over $80 a barrel, and WTI hit $72.

“The Sky is falling, the Sky is falling”

Well unlike us average little walking neophytes I’m sure the Airlines look more at long range forecasts and not the daily fluctuations that occur because of Geopolitical issues.

This is probably their go to source for that data rather than relying possibly on Robert Isoms Brother in Law Ralph.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/data/browser/#/?id=3-aeo2017&cases=ref2017~ref_no_cpp&sourcekey=0

Bob when are you going to put out your detailed breakdown summation of why if it was released as a TA as stated it would pass?

What’s the point of putting anything out if it has a strong likelihood of failure.
“The Sky is falling, the Sky is falling”

Well unlike us average little walking neophytes I’m sure the Airlines look more at long range forecasts and not the daily fluctuations that occur because of Geopolitical issues.

This is probably their go to source for that data rather than relying possibly on Robert Isoms Brother in Law Ralph.

https://www.eia.gov/outlooks/aeo/data/browser/#/?id=3-aeo2017&cases=ref2017~ref_no_cpp&sourcekey=0
The Sky's not falling it just makes it easier for the company to not give as much money. Especially if they screwed up and did not hedge fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back