American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out the obvious, WeAAsles. If fuel cost rise to higher levels, the union can’t keep saying the company is making record profits if those profits are greatly affected by fuel costs. And nowhere did I say I would vote in favor of a supposed offer. I do, however believe strongly that we as members have a right to see whatever is on the table in its entirety! The cat’s already out of the bag so the union should let the membership see for themselves what is so bad about this contract. Just because I want to see the details does not mean I would vote yes based on the few snippets I’ve seen!

I’m personally not going to fall for the Company trying to frighten us over short term oil price fluctuations. I remember before the BK they were pushing oil prices on Jetnet like a bunch of flaming maniacs. Long term oil prices is what needs to be looked at.

https://www.iea.org/

The Association and a bunch of Negotiators have said they haven’t received a formal proposal from the Company. So what do you want them to show you? You want them to show you what’s been TA’d (TENTATIVELY agreed to) so far?

They do that then what happens after we’ve all had our Social Media arguments Love and Hate if any of those TA’s start to change?

I’m personally not going to fall for the Company trying to frighten us over short term oil price fluctuations. I remember before the BK they were pushing oil prices on Jetnet like a bunch of flaming maniacs. Long term oil prices is what needs to be looked at.

https://www.iea.org/

The Association and a bunch of Negotiators have said they haven’t received a formal proposal from the Company. So what do you want them to show you? You want them to show you what’s been TA’d (TENTATIVELY agreed to) so far?

They do that then what happens after we’ve all had our Social Media arguments Love and Hate if any of those TA’s start to change?
I want to see whatever GP is responding to. Did GP not respond ala video to the company’s video of their offer highlights?
And yes I would like to see the T/A’d articles. I would hope that since they are T/A’d the union got a good deal? I would rather read for myself instead of useless union updates whining about the company dragging its feet.

Do we give that premium back if profits fall?

i didn't see the company 'unfreeze' my pension when profits rose for a financially healthy post-bk company.

do you believe parker is lying when he says that aa will earn on average $5 billion in profits per year?

in 2017, dl's wages/salaries/benefits composed 32% of their revenues. aa's was 28%. if each airline made apprx. $10 billion in revenue, that tells me that dl spent apprx. $400 million more on it's employees, in one year, than aa did.

stingy.

I want to see whatever GP is responding to. Did GP not respond ala video to the company’s video of their offer highlights?
And yes I would like to see the T/A’d articles. I would hope that since they are T/A’d the union got a good deal? I would rather read for myself instead of useless union updates whining about the company dragging its feet.

Personally I doubt you’re going to see any PDF versions of that information. I’ve been watching all sorts of Negotiations the last few years all over our industry and I haven’t seen anyone release any actual FULL details in any Union before it was ALL done and ready to be presented to the Membership for a vote.

Can you recall any Union from A to Z in your career that’s done that?

BTW even Parker said “We need to get back to the table” So who’s playing who?

Personally I doubt you’re going to see any PDF versions of that information. I’ve been watching all sorts of Negotiations the last few years all over our industry and I haven’t seen anyone release any actual FULL details in any Union before it was ALL done and ready to be presented to the Membership for a vote.

Can you recall any Union from A to Z in your career that’s done that?

BTW even Parker said “We need to get back to the table” So who’s playing who?
Can’t say If any union does it. Maybe a union other than airline union. And the reason I want to see something is because there are no negotiations taking place and i can’t rely on useless updates which tell me nothing week after week.
And as far as DP goes, he should have directed his negotiators To schedule a session immediately at the town hall.

weez' handlers, Sito, Alex and GP did in fact get an offer sheet and THEY have chosen not to respond civilly but instead do love letters and tantrums hissing at Johnson.

The company will await a professional response and not negotiate against itself.
Sito did the same thing last june and threw the company offer in the trash. He was forced to get the company offer out of the trash and respond, then the company moved (fleet) and Fly said there was a aip that i posted last august.
Since the delay, the company has proposed less and removed catering and other items. If Sito refuses to submit a counter offer then the company will not proceed. And thats where we are at and the story according to superfly. The enhanced offer would be $33 and cargo for clt and phl and extend lus health one year but Sito has not responded so nothing is happening. All according to superfly and should b considered 3rd hand hearsay.

fwiw, GP is a sellout. Always was when he stood down and cut the deal to become Local Prez after his was removed. His reward was being moved up thru intl appointments. Danker is the real thing but GP was always a management shill.

It always amazes me how much more you know about us over here working for AA than those of us who actually really do work at AA.

Gary was in awe? You know Gary? You have his phone number?

Anyway please. I don’t want to get back in these weeds again ok. Notice I haven’t commented on your thread in a very long time now. I’m showing you that courtesy.
You will see at the end and you will still be amazed. I know, it suks being uninformed and left in the dark with this asso. you guys have to deals with. Hopefully the mechanics will get smart enough to make the change required to get a real union in there to represent them.

Crude oil to hit $90 a barrel as diesel, jet fuel demand soars, Morgan Stanley predicts
  • Brent crude oil will average $90 a barrel in 2020 as demand for middle distillates like diesel and jet fuel grows, Morgan Stanley says.
  • Stockpiles of distillates are nearing five-year lows and refineries are scrambling to satisfy growing consumption, the bank notes.
  • New pollution rules in the shipping industry will only increase demand for distillates, Morgan Stanley warns.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/oil-to-hit-90-in-2020-on-diesel-jet-fuel-demand-morgan-stanley.html
Now wait for the co's response for the fuel going up. I predict AA using it to their advantage.

weez' handlers, Sito, Alex and GP did in fact get an offer sheet and THEY have chosen not to respond civilly but instead do love letters and tantrums hissing at Johnson.

The company will await a professional response and not negotiate against itself.
Sito did the same thing last june and threw the company offer in the trash. He was forced to get the company offer out of the trash and respond, then the company moved (fleet) and Fly said there was a aip that i posted last august.
Since the delay, the company has proposed less and removed catering and other items. If Sito refuses to submit a counter offer then the company will not proceed. And thats where we are at and the story according to superfly. The enhanced offer would be $33 and cargo for clt and phl and extend lus health one year but Sito has not responded so nothing is happening. All according to superfly and should b considered 3rd hand hearsay.

Can’t stay out of my conversations can you Fruitcake?

I agree. But watch the rising fuel costs counter the argument of record profits.
They need to negotiate a contract sooner rather than later.
Yes. I agree. With the rising fuel cost the co. will use that to their advantage big time. MM, I hate sat it but if you guys do not get something soon it may very well be a long, long time. This is a very bad timing for the rise of fuel cost as you guys are pretty close to having something.

In case you didn’t hear, he did deliver it, and it is a good deal, the only thing he didn’t say was that not all of us would be enjoying it. You can’t keep saying that tired old “but the company is making billions” speech any longer, because in this present reality the company wants to make even more money. You can’t also keep denying that all of us knew full well that after the merger and contract is done, there will be a culling.

Lol good deal?? Lmao must be good like how that 401k match supposedly work.You were wrong about that Bob and you’re wrong about it being a good deal lol it’s a chit deal
Funny how the weez gets on MM about a possible vote for the offer and says nothing about Bob saying it is a good deal. If Bob calls losing 5K headcount in both maint and fleet a good deal, I would hate to see his bad deal... Oh I forgot he's just a yes man and total IGM!

Funny how the weez gets on MM about a possible vote for the offer and says nothing about Bob saying it is a good deal. If Bob calls losing 5K headcount in both maint and fleet a good deal, I would hate to see his bad deal... Oh I forgot he's just a yes man and total IGM!

You REALLY actually selectively read here don’t you. BTW reread the letter I posted where I was being SARCASTIC that the TWU and IAM were at WAR.

The letter was a letter of support to the IAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back