American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. you are saying that vendors that were born from lobbied corporate BK laws (that incidentally) are responsible for eliminating entire unionized work groups, should not even be a consideration for organizing by Unions?

I'll bet the Company loves your philosophy... wait -- it IS the Company's philosophy!

>SPIT<
(That's for you AAnotok)
Thanks spit, and a play out of your bro's playbook...this is for you!

I see all of it thanks for filling in the missing parts, concerning how many mechanics are at negotiations. That is why I am asking.

Sometimes the third guy on the IAM side is a guy named Tim Klima who joins in. He might not be either a FSC or Mechanic. He could be a CSA?

Now you gave me a straight forward answer in an earlier post and now you are pulling "quoted" material off of the TWU International site and now I am not sure about your credibilty of the last post.:cool:

Buck from you I get the joke.

Putting this here so no one misses it.

2C934476-02FB-4DAE-9CF4-73295D5FE4E8.jpeg

Here we are again in 2018. Another MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY will come and go with the TWU represented folks working for straight time while many MANAGEMENT AND IAM Folks will be at home with their families. How can anyone want to eat their food on the so called AMT Day?
I have seen this horror movie replayed too many times in my 30+ years at AA. The membership rejects the 1st Contract Proposal and then Votes to accept a 2nd or 3rd Proposal that is INFERIOR to the Original Proposal.

JCBA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So.. you are saying that vendors that were born from lobbied corporate BK laws (that incidentally) are responsible for eliminating entire unionized work groups, should not even be a consideration for organizing by Unions?

I'll bet the Company loves your philosophy... wait -- it IS the Company's philosophy!

>SPIT<
(That's for you AAnotok)
please point to one vendor group that has done better as organized?
The IAM and TWU have exploitex those poor souls like the seiu and the workers have become worse off.
And the jackoff labor orgs use all of them to pinch more and more mainline work.

Yes, those workers were better off being non union and yes it is a conflict of interest. $$$ cash cow for unions though.

The IAM and TWU have exploitex those poor souls like the seiu and the workers have become worse off.
And the jackoff labor orgs use all of them to pinch more and more mainline work.

Yes, those workers were better off being non union and yes it is a conflict of interest. $$$ cash cow for unions though.

Tim what kind of representation do UGE and McGee actually have? I know they technically aren’t in a district-everything goes to the GL coffers.

Do you have any knowledge on grievances and servicing the membership? I imagine grievances are few and far between as the CBAs are rife with “at the discretion of management” and “in accordance with company policy” and of course “will meet with the union to discuss” non-substantitive fluff.

Josh

Thanks for showing your true colors... the company uses rigged BK laws to abrogate contracts and outsource work . Now.... you claim that organizing the outsourced groups is ineffective. This is the very strategy that corporate America WANTS everyone to believe!

It's the same strategy YOU want everyone to believe. You are essentially endorsing the de-funding of Organized Labor!

If we have the same group of mechanics, plus you have guys who want to retire, and newer guys that want a raise for their families. Do you really expect the outcome to change?And you can't blame the Teamsters, because they have been gone 15 years. It might be like American, no one claims they voted for it, that said they would vote no and it passes by 80%.
I would not doubt it at all after the membership gets all the info from the RS's and our NC and economist. BTW, hiring this economist is what really got the co. to move, well worth it while others were slamming the union for spending the money.
You brought up the teamsters not me. But since you did, if they were here we would have had a contract already, probably in the first 3 years. However, scope would have been agreed to and dismantled, we would not have ETOPS or Hawaii, international outsourcing would have increased, just as before with the teamsters, the co. would have gotten their huge wish of all mechanics reporting in the hangars and then been given assignments to work location with NO bid locations, just like AirTran was. And no full retro, no snap up clause, and more than likely a merely 1-2% raise. How do I know all this, because with the teamsters track record at SWA, They would have caved long ago to the companies demands just like they have before after behind closed door deals. There ya go, you brought up the teamsters, not me...

Putting this here so no one misses it.

View attachment 12831

I’m also positive he was a stock clerk? Not 100% though...
Definitely not a mechanic either.

so amt day is Thursday, so what does the NG union have is store for us? maybe take us all out for a nice meal ? and a nice gift for being a amt. I'm sure they could afford it with all the dues we pay them. AMT day is to celebrate US not the company or the union...….just a thought......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back