American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not doubt it at all after the membership gets all the info from the RS's and our NC and economist. BTW, hiring this economist is what really got the co. to move, well worth it while others were slamming the union for spending the money.
You brought up the teamsters not me. But since you did, if they were here we would have had a contract already, probably in the first 3 years. However, scope would have been agreed to and dismantled, we would not have ETOPS or Hawaii, international outsourcing would have increased, just as before with the teamsters, the co. would have gotten their huge wish of all mechanics reporting in the hangars and then been given assignments to work location with NO bid locations, just like AirTran was. And no full retro, no snap up clause, and more than likely a merely 1-2% raise. How do I know all this, because with the teamsters track record at SWA, They would have caved long ago to the companies demands just like they have before after behind closed door deals. There ya go, you brought up the teamsters, not me...

Definitely not a mechanic either.
The reason I brought the Teamsters up if remember Swampy that's how AMFA got into SWA by blaming the Teamsters for the problems. It was easy to just ask for extensions, and add to the language. The point is AMFA is no different than any other union when you go up against ex Northwest management, or others that are not original SWA, and that's what took so long, still no official T/A. If American gets AMFA they still face the same Parker and company, that wants to contract stuff out and limit pay increases and benefits. They will just find if AMFA puts up a fight it will take a very long time, just like it did us. You will find companies will not hand out money like candy, anymore.

Thanks for showing your true colors... the company uses rigged BK laws to abrogate contracts and outsource work . Now.... you claim that organizing the outsourced groups is ineffective. This is the very strategy that corporate America WANTS everyone to believe!

It's the same strategy YOU want everyone to believe. You are essentially endorsing the de-funding of Organized Labor!
the question remains, Have any vending workers had their job enhanced with being iam or twu?
My colors are known. I am pro worker and i have little toleration for union bosses exploiting workers. The only defunding is the union bosses taking more money for their pocket or conventions. You need them to take less.

Tim what kind of representation do UGE and McGee actually have? I know they technically aren’t in a district-everything goes to the GL coffers.

Do you have any knowledge on grievances and servicing the membership? I imagine grievances are few and far between as the CBAs are rife with “at the discretion of management” and “in accordance with company policy” and of course “will meet with the union to discuss” non-substantitive fluff.

Josh
they got boned with chit awful slave contracts that pay them less than minimum wage.

the question remains, Have any vending workers had their job enhanced with being iam or twu?
My colors are known. I am pro worker and i have little toleration for union bosses exploiting workers. The only defunding is the union bosses taking more money for their pocket or conventions. You need them to take less.
You have been blaming "Union Bosses" on everything the company does in BK for decades...
You always obfuscate your true political agenda with convoluted pro-worker gibber.
EVERYONE knows this -- except maybe your loyal puppets, that more than likely share the same DNA as you!

>SPIT<

The jury is still out on Piedmont and Envoy Express. Piedmont been negotiating since November 2016 and Envoy has been negotiating there first contract since November 2015. Neither one has a new contract yet
Who are they represented by?

Who are they represented by?
Piedmont might be represented by the CWA same union as customer service.How hard will the CWA fight Mainline outsourcing if they know they are going to get the dues from Piedmont anyway..Do you think the TWU would have given up AMT pusbacks If they werent going to get the dues from fleet?whether negotiating in bankruptcy or not it is a conflict of interest

This Topic intent was to discuss American Airlines Labor and negotiations.
Not someones political view, please adhere to the topic.

Well, dont be around when the instructor comes through DFW or introduce him to Bob and then disappear csuse they are always looking for someone qualified
I added to my previous comment Al, just stating it should be left where it is.
I'm somewhat anxious to see what transpires when they meet 11th and 12th...no high hopes, but still hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.