American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You miss the entire point of my posting Bigjets. The OT I do work is to supplement that frozen pension by bolstering my 401K. I`m no where near the to of the OT list for that matter. The point is those 50 DFW guys coming over to our hangar impacts our manning, shifts and days off and yes, overtime too. I will say it one more time, I have NO PROBLEM with DFW opening slots at DFW. I DO have a big problem with DFW guys coming on the DWH property permanently doing work we have been doing. Moot point though, as Local 567 is adamant this is not going to happen. Heck even the company has told the local that is not doable.

Why would DFW send guys over to DWH? We can't even send guys from the hangar to the line? Besides, even if we could, it's very rare all our hangar bays are occupied for more than a shift - why do work way over at DWH? I wouldn't sweat that rumor.

Why would DFW send guys over to DWH? We can't even send guys from the hangar to the line? Besides, even if we could, it's very rare all our hangar bays are occupied for more than a shift - why do work way over at DWH? I wouldn't sweat that rumor.
Yes the wall was put up several years. Can’t even cs from line to dfw hanger anymore. So I’m not sure where gp is going with that

Two things about the outburst from Samuelson.

There is a time and a place to express your disgust with management. That was not the place since the company can reinforce their position in court keeping the lawsuit/subpoena in force indefinitely.

Second issue I have and I'm sure most will agree is why is Sito Pantoja missing in action when it comes time to stand up together with the TWU?

The TWU is one half of the association but you'll never know it unless someone reminded you.
The company is going to use that against us since it seems the IAM is not as vocal on the floor to the top.

No rumor. GP submitted that language. Its in the Associations scope proposal.

There is a time and a place to express your disgust with management. That was not the place since the company can reinforce their position in court keeping the lawsuit/subpoena in force indefinitely.

Second issue I have and I'm sure most will agree is why is Sito Pantoja missing in action when it comes time to stand up together with the TWU?

The TWU is one half of the association but you'll never know it unless someone reminded you.
The company is going to use that against us since it seems the IAM is not as vocal on the floor to the top.

https://onemileatatime.com/american-mechanics-delaying-flights/

We have the lawsuit, we have articles like this one, and then we have Samuelson threatening the airline President on video sounding like a NY thug.

Let’s top it all with, now we are on the back burners. Anything bad happening to the schedule will be blamed on mechanics.

When the pilots did their work action and were taken to court and lost and was fined $26million. AA forgave the union fine, but that was Arpey. We now have Isom who will probably give us the NWA screw you mechanics treatment

I'm not a lawyer so I don't and shouldn't worry about such things. If you think for one minute Mr Samuelsen doesnt have several lawyers at his beckon call. You'd be wrong.

The iam thing is a valid concern, pretty much invisible other then I think aa's lawsuit names mostly iam cities..

https://onemileatatime.com/american-mechanics-delaying-flights/

We have the lawsuit, we have articles like this one, and then we have Samuelson threatening the airline President on video sounding like a NY thug.

Let’s top it all with, now we are on the back burners. Anything bad happening to the schedule will be blamed on mechanics.

When the pilots did their work action and were taken to court and lost and was fined $26million. AA forgave the union fine, but that was Arpey. We now have Isom who will probably give us the NWA screw you mechanics treatment
I will tell you this if Parker hired ex Northwest management and gives them full Carte Blanche, look out, they will bait you just like they did Northwest AMFA, L.N. was hoping we would make the same mistakes, we didn't. I can't believe I am saying this, but the Association might want to hire our law firm Seeham to help you in a countersuit. Follow your procedures.

I'm not at liberty to speculate on what may or may not happen.

To me the best way to avoid a protracted labor battle, including self help is to give the leadership my support, especially Samuelsen, since he is clearly on record saying he will not sign a crappy agreement.

I believe those of us that are openly critical and unsupportive only serve to give support to the company's goals which are to have as few of us as possible and to pay us the least and give us the least amount of benefits.
I believe anyone that thinks differently on that point is sadly mistaken.

The problem with this is his interpretation of a crappy contract and others are different. This is why the stalemate needs to end and the membership needs a voice. The only way we get that is vote.
If it’s so bad it will be rejected but if not then we move on.
Waiting another year or two is unacceptable in my opinion

I'm not at liberty to speculate on what may or may not happen.

To me the best way to avoid a protracted labor battle, including self help is to give the leadership my support, especially Samuelsen, since he is clearly on record saying he will not sign a crappy agreement.

I believe those of us that are openly critical and unsupportive only serve to give support to the company's goals which are to have as few of us as possible and to pay us the least and give us the least amount of benefits.
I believe anyone that thinks differently on that point is sadly mistaken.
Wait a minute. He, the man you want to back and support, also threatened a bloody battle to bring down American Airlines. So are you saying you would follow that dum a$$ right off the cliff too?

Not going to speculate that we are going "off a cliff". I think that kind of talk is verbose in itself, similar to "bloody battle" talk.

The problem with this is his interpretation of a crappy contract and others are different. This is why the stalemate needs to end and the membership needs a voice. The only way we get that is vote.

Same as we thought too, but we had to hold out. I do agree (slightly) that maybe you all should vote on something. But I too strongly believe the membership should have a say so (vote). Will be interesting going forward from here...

Definitely need to vote, otherwise it's some guy deciding the future of all mechs.

I don't here anybody blaming the union for the votes we took, it's mostly for the apathy of our own members who didn't vote get most of the ridicule, and of course Tulsa/OH and that's why I prefer no union to the BS we have now. But not voting!!!!! C'mon man!!!! At least I knew most of the members got what they wanted, at least there was a vote.

I know in 2 years we will vote for President of the USA, just as I know I won't be able to vote on my union president, or union representation.

You miss the entire point of my posting Bigjets. The OT I do work is to supplement that frozen pension by bolstering my 401K. I`m no where near the top of the OT list for that matter. The point is those 50 DFW guys coming over to our hangar impacts our manning, shifts and days off and yes, overtime too. I will say it one more time, I have NO PROBLEM with DFW opening slots at DFW. I DO have a big problem with DFW guys coming on the DWH property permanently doing work we have been doing. Moot point though, as Local 567 is adamant this is not going to happen. Heck even the company has told the local that is not doable.

You guys are a bunch of snowflakes....

We all know that the only way manning goes into a station is if AA decides to put it there. Just like closing class ii stations, it doesn't matter if they clear MELs or don't finish entire work package, if AA wants/needs to close a station remove/add manning at a station it most likely decided by an accountant, not a maint manager.

If any station or shift decided to not work OT to teach the company a lesson, AA would just move the work to where work would be done and turnoff OT for a year to teach you a lesson. We are too big too diverse and have too many guys living beyond their means to be successful in any kind of OT boycott.

I also think the great majority of Texas mechs are great guys, but there of course the guys willing to screw over anybody to help themselves, so my friendly ribbing of texas mechs is aimed at those guys, if you're a good guy, YOU KNOW IT and shouldn't be insulted by me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.