American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rumor. GP submitted that language. Its in the Associations scope proposal.

I really cannot imagine a scenario where DFW sends AMTs over to work on A/C parked at DWH. We have our hands full on the west side as it is now, regardless of what language Gary submitted. What would be the benefit? Like I posted earlier, Hangar & Terminal have a wall that can only be crossed on the annual bid. Gary's language is pointless. Not worth giving a second thought.

Just like Steve Ludwig (AMFA NWA) "NWA can't replace us"

I think he works on medical equipment now.

And just think what would happen now days. In camparo to NWA, how many scabs do you think would line up to try and earn themselves a permanent position with SWA or AA? Especially (in comparo) where our main maint. bases are located in nice warmer climates. Thousands would take that chance. More so than what happened at NWA, this I can assure you. These two companies would have no problem what-so-ever replacing any mechanics if it came to it. And now that SWA is done, AA would have an even easier path to go down if they had too. I will also assure you, AA already has the contacting outfits numbers and cell phones to all of them. With one phone call they would have thousands bussed in, in no time flat. With AA's power all hotels would be reserved a waiting with one phone call. They already have all the bus companies on call as well. It would all happen pretty much in an instant with just maybe a few phone calls and the masses will be moving.

This little statement here just convinces me that this was all the IAM's idea of saving their own a$$es...

"I can’t speak to why they thought it was better to do this than to choose one union to jointly-represent them, and neither can TWU President John Samuelsen. When we spoke for this piece, he told me he didn’t know why the previous union leadership decided to move forward that way. He wasn’t involved in that decision."

Also to note, I disagree with cranky flier, the dates of starting contract nego's should be from the 30 days after merger completed just as AA and the TWU/IAM promised would happen, and that's in 2013-2014. Although face to face nego's did not start until 2015, all the members were promised "within 30 days of completed merger." They keep calling it 5 years, but some are counting into 6 years as they were promised. It's not the fault of the membership that the IAM side refused to start any nego's until their agreement was revised prior to a JCBA being started. AND, it also again not the memberships fault that the IAM/TWU blindsided the membership with this fiasco of an asso. by combining these two unions with no say so what so ever from the membership, so, of course there were even further delays to start the real JCBA nego's until late Dec. 3, 2015 A year and a half later than should have been. I will continue to use the more realistic date of merger plus 30 days as just a big reminder just how all fkd up this asso. really is and how they just keep screwing the membership over again and again. Have you all really not had enough of this crap yet??? Unbelievable...

I really cannot imagine a scenario where DFW sends AMTs over to work on A/C parked at DWH. We have our hands full on the west side as it is now, regardless of what language Gary submitted. What would be the benefit? Like I posted earlier, Hangar & Terminal have a wall that can only be crossed on the annual bid. Gary's language is pointless. Not worth giving a second thought.
Sounds like Gary is clueless. If so then we are in for more surprises.

What a bunch of BS, the work they term foreign outsourcing is just so work can be done on aircraft that are usually in SA for 10 or more hours, it’s so these flights don’t end up with lengthy delays that harm our customers.

If and when a work stoppage should occur will only be a blip for company profits but for the workers it would cost us way more.
I’m so sick of this union and it BS

What a bunch of BS, the work they term foreign outsourcing is just so work can be done on aircraft that are usually in SA for 10 or more hours, it’s so these flights don’t end up with lengthy delays that harm our customers.

+1

SA flying is unique in a lot of ways.

And these Brazilian AMTS already are actual AA employees are they not? Could they even join the TWU if they wanted to?

Reactions: swamt

Great article kev.
On this one I pretty much do agree with CF. He's being very fai to both sides on his opinions and thoughts. And he is correct, if both sides are too committed on where they are and neither side will move, they will be on ice for a long, long time. Matter fact if no one is willing to nego. (meaning make movements) then I predict nothing until after the summer.
I'm telling you guys these are the "EXACT" same movements done by SWA with us. AMFA showed they were willing to move on some issues as long as the co. agreed to the same and then we had movements towards an agreement then finally an agreement once Kinder got in there and got it done.
The question over at AA is, who will be willing to pull that almighty important trigger and be the bigger man to call for movements. The union might be a little surprised at how well it could go if THEY were the ones willing to show movement first. And the mediators will more than likely lean heavier in whoever makes the first move, it worked for us when we were at our standstill for several months. Union might want to try first. Heck if no luck, just go right back to the "ICE"...

+1

SA flying is unique in a lot of ways.

And these Brazilian AMTS already are actual AA employees are they not? Could they even join the TWU if they wanted to?
I have no clue about joining the TWU but yes, at least AA is claiming they are AA employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts