American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

IF the weezal boy has left it is because he has lost and has been beaten down and just cannot recover. He might want to check into a recovery center soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

it will. The judge will force the union to tell people to stop.
    Then the judge will order a contempt because samuelson is too young and bull headed. Thats when the fine comes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

you are right. Its been talked about but the thought was that they would have a very weak showing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

weezles was reprimmanded. Nuff said.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I would normally agree with you, but we have a republican president who thinks going bankrupt is an honorable business option and of course a republican senate that thinks it’s ok for a president to get info against a political opponent from a foreign government, so who can predict what’s going to happen with us with a republican president and senate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. swamt

swamt Veteran

I doubt that you would like that.

Exactly. And NO Judge has said a word over this suit from AA. It's a chess move guys. The company is trying to scare the membership to not do anything at let the normal operation continue as it is with no interuptions.
    My question is where's the freaking counter suit from this piece of shite asso.? For the games being played by AA?? And not nego in good faith, as stated by he RLA??? Hellooooo asso. get a clue.
    The reason no Judge has said a word as of yet is because there is not enough evidence to put the order out to stop the mechanics, PERIOD! The exact same case with us guys. Keep working safe and work the a/c.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

Bull Shite Tim. The Judge will not call for an order to stop. There is NOT any evidence of any kind of work slow down as long as all the write-ups are legit safety write ups. Just as in our case, this will get slammed downed AA's throat as it needs to be. Find one MF JUdge that will tell any airline mechanic to stop writing up legit safety concerns. AA is playing a move to try and stop the and intimidate the mechanics from write ups and groundings of a/c. The mechanics just need to continue to do their jobs and keep an excellent product safe for the flying public. In other words, "just do your damn jobs." Enough said (I hope)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

I said the same thing where is the counter suit. Imho I feel the association will use this to say well we tried but failed and blame the suit and judge. And try to save face. Why else would Samuelson get up in a company meeting scream to bring the airline down captured on camera and release it on line. I think in the past union didn’t share with the company what they were going to do. It just seems like a setup to me. Your right about the judge in the pilots suit the judge spoke and put a cease and desist order and then posed a big fine

9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Negotiations 101 brother. No brainer. AA is just hoping no one will catch on. This pathetic asso. representing you guys is just worthless. How long has it been from AA filing the suit and the asoo. hasn't done a freaking thing??? Pretty sad. Makes AA look like they are correct.
    Work safe brother. Keep writing up legit write ups. Nothing anyone can do to you guys. Work that A&P to the bone...

• Winner Winner x 5
  10. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

It has nothing at all to do with mechanics doing their jobs. The suit's primary basis is 'a concerted effort to refuse overtime'. It is valid and has merit.
    Unlike at WN, I don't think the AMFA union leaders were doing videos and posting on social media to ban all overtime. That said, I'm not sure what happened with the Judge at WN, I thought it never got to the judge?

At any rate, the Texas Judge will issue an injunction to protect the public from concerted activities. He will also instruct the union to put out a letter. This is more similar to APA at American and their overtime ban, than MX at WN.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

The mechanics support the Association though. So, as pathetic as it is, this is what will be.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. iluvaa

iluvaa Veteran

Where has the Weezel gone I miss is daily association boot licking

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

You know mechs can’t stand things to stay the same much like they hate change. I would rather complain while having a good contract and a union that I voted for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. lax

lax Advanced

Find the Baskett-case's a$$ and he'll be in close proximity

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I disagree.

I know I hate our current situation, I have yet to hear, I love this association it’s doing great things for us mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 1