American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys are just talking past each other?
Not really Kev. There are messages in some of my postings. Some may have went right over most heads.

Today's Jetwire...

New filing asks judge for order halting TWU-IAM slowdown

You may hear that the company filed a motion for a temporary restraining order today seeking immediate relief from the slow down affecting the maintenance operation. Today’s motion may lead to a faster track for resolution so we can get the operation running efficiently as soon as possible. We remain committed to delivering an industry-leading agreement for Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members once the mediator schedules new negotiating dates.
IF these are legit write-ups, there is NOTHING a Judge can do. Now if it is more leaning towards the refusal of O/T and not working a/c might be a different story. However, usually when it is the later, a Judge would have chimed in by now, the fact that AA has to "request" for further action tells me there may not be enough evidence to trigger the order. As we all know through history, the warmer months, spring break, then summer months we all take more time off and do less O/T as we get more busy with family and friends outside of work, therefore the O/T sign ups get less and less. Especially in Texas when it just gets hotter and hotter, screw that O/T.

Reactions: robbedagain
//newswire
Temporary Restraining Order was approved by the Judge. And union was ordered to cease.

Say hello to the Easter Bunny for me! Game Over! I told you guys but you guys just don't listen.

Well, there you have it. Must have been about the refusal of O/T and refusal to work on the broke airplanes. No way in hell the Judge would tell a/c mechanics to quite the write-ups of safety.
But before I fully agree, I would like to read the order, any links? The language will reveal what it's all about.
Next question, what took so long to get the order? And why did it take AA a second request to get the said order??

Well we'd be better off with this proposal than arbitration.

Too much to.lose in arbitration. More employees than other airlines look at luv 2500 amts for 700 planes

Both points above are correct. With an arbitrator he/she will look at, you know who, SWA, because the company used SWA/AMFA agreement to offer a match for the AA mechanics in wages. By doing so, now an arbitrator would compare all the other info about SWA to use for comparo's such as outsourcing numbers, international/domestic, a/c to mechanic ratios, etc... Be careful wishing for arbitration. A negotiated deal would be much, much better deal.
Our numbers are more like 758 aircraft to 2518 mechanics as of 6-14-19. Last mechanic hired was 12, 2018. More new hires coming in 2019 and 2020.
Naturally you guys would need way more than us, but more than likely not nearly the numbers you have today IF an arbitrator was use the SWA comparo's numbers. Just saying.

This decision is just a precursor to any arbitration hearing if we ever get there. In other words the Ass better get their head out of their collective butts and figure out how to put a proposal on the table or we are going to be royally screwed

Yet you still have those who believe they are going to come out ahead. The ASSociation is painting themselves into a corner with the escape route shrinking by the day. GP and the big mouth are going to continue to preach their no concessions dream at the expense of the members. They need to fix the language regarding 401k and medical because the scope will be settled in the company’s favor should a deal ever be forced on us. I doubt we will ever be released to self help.

Both points above are correct. With an arbitrator he/she will look at, you know who, SWA, because the company used SWA/AMFA agreement to offer a match for the AA mechanics in wages. By doing so, now an arbitrator would compare all the other info about SWA to use for comparo's such as outsourcing numbers, international/domestic, a/c to mechanic ratios, etc... Be careful wishing for arbitration. A negotiated deal would be much, much better deal.
Our numbers are more like 758 aircraft to 2518 mechanics as of 6-14-19. Last mechanic hired was 12, 2018. More new hires coming in 2019 and 2020.
Naturally you guys would need way more than us, but more than likely not nearly the numbers you have today IF an arbitrator was use the SWA comparo's numbers. Just saying.
Under the arbitration process, assuming both parties agree, an arbitrator can only side 'in whole' with the company proposal or the union proposal, as you know. Can't cherry pick, it's an 'either/or'.
That said, obviously you are correct that the arbitrator will compare industry patterns but not sure how that would help convince him/her to side with the union when the company has made sure that it is far ahead of the patterns on scope, wages, and most everything else, right?

Well, there you have it. Must have been about the refusal of O/T and refusal to work on the broke airplanes. No way in hell the Judge would tell a/c mechanics to quite the write-ups of safety.
But before I fully agree, I would like to read the order, any links? The language will reveal what it's all about.
Next question, what took so long to get the order? And why did it take AA a second request to get the said order??
My guess is that the judge wanted to hear a brief first. Thus, he ordered 2 mid June settlement meetings. I can't be sure of the dates but I'll assume the first one didn't go too well. Anybody's guess as to why. And, like the NMB, the Judge must have seen an unbending nature by the union even among analytics that don't lie. Thus, a temporary injunction with the idea that the company will win its trial the first week of July. In cliff note fashion, the union showed defiance and pissed off the Judge. This union has been pretty good at pissing off institutions. Pissing off the NMB, Company, and now a Judge.

Under the arbitration process, assuming both parties agree, an arbitrator can only side 'in whole' with the company proposal or the union proposal, as you know. Can't cherry pick, it's an 'either/or'.
That said, obviously you are correct that the arbitrator will compare industry patterns but not sure how that would help convince him/her to side with the union when the company has made sure that it is far ahead of the patterns on scope, wages, and most everything else, right?

Screenshot_20190615-191312_Drive.jpg

I don’t know, I think the association is beating us down pretty good with their negotiating style, and metaphorically stepping on our throats with their control over our livelihoods and their willingness to sacrifice our careers for a greater chance at more union dues for some other worker at some other company.

Maybe the company will request self help and rescue us from this abusive relationship.
If the company got self help , how much would they contract out, and force on you guys.

No,no, I'm not really talking about any of that. Though Tim gives us all plenty of laughable insight. I can't believe this guy actually believes he should be in there, and that he would have a great deal in minutes.
Maybe hed be a hail mary before were on ice for 5 years.Seems to me the union really dug a hole and its getting deeper with every update.Let see how they spin it if they are slapped with monetary damages.Dont forget who the company has working for them and who we have not to offend anyone but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.