American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly AA is trying to do away with our profession by looking for 58 more mechs for TULE......sounds more like Association is using populist rhetoric to me

most likely situation is that the union puts out the proposal without a recommendation, but signs a proffer of arbitration in case of rejection.
Remember, Samuelson tipped his hand when he said he wasnt signing that company proposal. Notice: he doesnt have to.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...tian-skipped-white-house-meeting-qatar-2019-7

No help for USA airlines, I’m sure no help for association members. There are 136k AA employees alone,(there’s about 40k coal miners total) not to mention all other airline employees. Trump pissed about delta buying airbus. I guess trump never heard of diversifying, maybe why he went bankrupt so many times.

Odd this coming from a guy that hires foreign workers on visas, has golf and hotels in multiple countries and he and his daughter have clothing lines made overseas. If only USA airlines projected his face on a wall or something.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...tian-skipped-white-house-meeting-qatar-2019-7

No help for USA airlines, I’m sure no help for association members. There are 136k AA employees alone,(there’s about 40k coal miners total) not to mention all other airline employees. Trump pissed about delta buying airbus. I guess trump never heard of diversifying, maybe why he went bankrupt so many times.

Odd this coming from a guy that hires foreign workers on visas, has golf and hotels in multiple countries and he and his daughter have clothing lines made overseas. If only USA airlines projected his face on a wall or something.
seems as if delta stood down. Not a good thing.

During an hour-long session, the president ribbed American Airlines CEO Doug Parker over his company’s flagging stock price, asking why it’s so low at a time when the stock market is surging. He scolded Delta Airlines, whose CEO Ed Bastian did not attend, for buying billions in planes from the European firm Airbus while Qatar Airways is buying its jets from Chicago-based Boeing Co

Ha,ha,ha. The President made a good point here. Parker must be fuming about being criticized on the stock price. We have become the world's largest LOW COST CARRIER and offer below average customer service. The proof is all over the internet on various media and social websites. I'm surprised that Delta airlines CEO was a no show. Maybe he did not want to be in the same room with DP. I'm sure after the meeting was over it's all back to business as usual.

Reactions: swamt
During an hour-long session, the president ribbed American Airlines CEO Doug Parker over his company’s flagging stock price, asking why it’s so low at a time when the stock market is surging. He scolded Delta Airlines, whose CEO Ed Bastian did not attend, for buying billions in planes from the European firm Airbus while Qatar Airways is buying its jets from Chicago-based Boeing Co

Ha,ha,ha. The President made a good point here. Parker must be fuming about being criticized on the stock price. We have become the world's largest LOW COST CARRIER and offer below average customer service. The proof is all over the internet on various media and social websites. I'm surprised that Delta airlines CEO was a no show. Maybe he did not want to be in the same room with DP. I'm sure after the meeting was over it's all back to business as usual.

Wonder if Bastain will try to reset a meeting with Trump. Maybe too late, but would it not be worth a shot? Delta was the leading airline with the loudest protesting over this issue. And BTW, if this really was a previous engagement set with Ed Bastain why wouldn't anyone try to reset the meeting for all to be able to attend?? Something not adding up here all the way.

Sick policy is not in the contract, that’s why it’s called a policy.

Sick time accrual is in the contract.
Still should not stop you from filing griev's. We have done numerous times when the com. would always try to change our sick policy on us. The grievances were still heard and ruled on. A policy is a policy. Any employee can file a grievance, you do not have to union in order to file a grievance. If AA is going against their very own sick policy and punishing people outside and before the sick policy says employees will get punished, then file a grievance. A grievance simply puts it on record, in writing, where the co. has to answer it. Instead of sighting the contract book for the reference put down the co. policy numbers a book as the reference. And if you have to include any city ordinances and policies as well. The more the merrier to help your case. Maybe even draw in the city folks to help your case even more.
Even though it's not in the contract you can still griev it. Your union should also help you out as they are the representational entity for the employees. But even if an employe is not represented by any union, an employee can still griev. an issue with the co. if they feel they are being mistreated and going against the co's own sick policy or the cities policy.
Pretty pathetic it took an outside entity to do something about it and not one mention of the unions trying to stop the co. from violating their own policies.

Last edited:
Wonder if Bastain will try to reset a meeting with Trump. Maybe too late, but would it not be worth a shot? Delta was the leading airline with the loudest protesting over this issue. And BTW, if this really was a previous engagement set with Ed Bastain why wouldn't anyone try to reset the meeting for all to be able to attend?? Something not adding up here all the way.
From what I absorbed from the article and others similar is that Qatar bought Boeing products and AMERICAN and Delta are not buying enough or have made large Airbus orders. Trump is sticking to his Buy American products. After all we are talking about major airlines in the USA. I'm sure Qatar is getting some kind of deal since they invested in USA products. I guess having Airbus build aircraft in the USA is not the same so that argument wont wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.