American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise we, unionized employees, are in such a mess. So many don't even know how sick time is paid! They vote on contracts that they never read. They to this day still haven't read the contract. They believe the bull that idiots with an agenda put out. Sad so very sad.

Reactions: bigjets
OT: Weak unions will be eliminated quickly under the NLRA now. Employers can boot the unions out if they believe that the union is no longer supported by the majority. Many lazy pathetic unions will now see the door. Only good unions will survive.
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily...ZcvKgUVdOdpntwYpsvUxrrJKW5zZLRvEKNb4VCA11hdgI
Maybe this what we need to have maintenance being represented by a maintenance union and fleet by a fleet union. This mixed batch of poison we have called an association of two diverse unions has never proven itself to be effective.

During an hour-long session, the president ribbed American Airlines CEO Doug Parker over his company’s flagging stock price, asking why it’s so low at a time when the stock market is surging. He scolded Delta Airlines, whose CEO Ed Bastian did not attend, for buying billions in planes from the European firm Airbus while Qatar Airways is buying its jets from Chicago-based Boeing Co

Ha,ha,ha. The President made a good point here. Parker must be fuming about being criticized on the stock price. We have become the world's largest LOW COST CARRIER and offer below average customer service. The proof is all over the internet on various media and social websites. I'm surprised that Delta airlines CEO was a no show. Maybe he did not want to be in the same room with DP. I'm sure after the meeting was over it's all back to business as usual.

Also trump did not talk about employees of airline just the stock. Rich people are funny

From what I absorbed from the article and others similar is that Qatar bought Boeing products and AMERICAN and Delta are not buying enough or have made large Airbus orders. Trump is sticking to his Buy American products. After all we are talking about major airlines in the USA. I'm sure Qatar is getting some kind of deal since they invested in USA products. I guess having Airbus build aircraft in the USA is not the same so that argument wont wash.

Airbus manufacturing in Alabama is American jobs. Your argument doesn’t wash. Trump clothes manufactured in China is Chinese jobs.

I’m sure this has more to do with arms sales and strategic alliances in the Mideast over a few hundred thousand American jobs.

No surprise we, unionized employees, are in such a mess. So many don't even know how sick time is paid! They vote on contracts that they never read. They to this day still haven't read the contract. They believe the bull that idiots with an agenda put out. Sad so very sad.

The worst are the guys that don’t vote, or any weak minded goof who listened to Bob Owens in 2010 without thinking for themselves.

The worst are the guys that don’t vote, or any weak minded goof who listened to Bob Owens in 2010 without thinking for themselves.
that 2010 proposal was a big piece of **** and would have put us in a worse place when AA did file bankruptcy. They would also have taken more from us without the retiree medical that they took away

that 2010 proposal was a big piece of **** and would have put us in a worse place when AA did file bankruptcy. They would also have taken more from us without the retiree medical that they took away
WRONG- what we would have given in concessions in 2010, we GAVE up in 2012 without getting any contract improvements. MCTs agreed to theirs and didn't lose any of their contract improvements in 2012, minus retirement and retiree health like all employees did.

please vote in another piece of **** i still will vote no until we get a non concessionary contract and this is some good and a lot of bad

If Maintenance was represented separately from the Fleet, would both still be NLRA or would Fleet be moved to NLRB?

Airbus manufacturing in Alabama is American jobs. Your argument doesn’t wash. Trump clothes manufactured in China is Chinese jobs.

I’m sure this has more to do with arms sales and strategic alliances in the Mideast over a few hundred thousand American jobs.
I guarantee if this 737 Max turns into a total piece of ****. If the Airlines want to switch to Airbus, Airbus will gladly increase production in America. It's no different than Mercedes-Benz, or Honda, or Toyota, or Hyundai, you produce where your Market is. Besides with the tax breaks, it would be cheaper for Airbus, than being in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.