American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're also the only group that got an abomination known as the ASS shoved down our throats so whats your point? No LAA guy in their right mind, except you and weasel, would've voted for these ASS idiots. BTW, how much did your boy Little get paid, I'm sure you know? Just curious how much this hot mess actually costed, thx

"costed" isn't a word.

When the present isn't going well, let's dig up the past. I'm sure Little will be used to blame for the eventual JCBA, as will the Judge(s), the greedy Executives and the NMB.

We'd get a great deal if there weren't any other humans around. o_O

"costed" isn't a word.

When the present isn't going well, let's dig up the past. I'm sure Little will be used to blame for the eventual JCBA, as will the Judge(s), the greedy Executives and the NMB.

About time someone figured it out...

"costed" isn't a word.

Thank you professor for correcting me although you're wrong. Glad you have such command over the English language. Amazes me how guys like you, having been former presidents, and who have the skills to actually help the membership rather defend guys that you know were wrong (ie Jim Little). Instead of wasting time correcting my grammar why not use your skill sets to get us out of the god forsaken association?

"costed" isn't a word.

Are you implying we shouldn't learn from past mistakes? Little was a disaster for AA's AMTs. Going back to the 2003 concessionary agreement, what a complete idiot. Goes along with his mail order diploma I guess. Little's coup de grace though was putting us in this Association without a vote - which he openly lied about. I hope karma catches up with him.

We expect the company to want to penny pinch, and cut corners on cost. It's the behind the scenes BS the International pulls on the membership. TWU apologists are nothing new on this board. We know who deserves the blame in the past, and even now. Yes, to a degree our own membership is at fault - for not signing AMFA cards fast enough, and submitting to the NMB on time. But to ignore or pretend the TWU's past offenses against AA's AMTs would be a huge mistake.

Thank you professor for correcting me although you're wrong. Glad you have such command over the English language. Amazes me how guys like you, having been former presidents, and who have the skills to actually help the membership rather defend guys that you know were wrong (ie Jim Little). Instead of wasting time correcting my grammar why not use your skill sets to get us out of the god forsaken association?

I can see it my own hand.

The Association isn't the problem. We'd be worse off and further behind if it was a standalone union negotiating.

Your mind is made up so I don't think you'll have the ability to see things in any prism that isn't your own.

Most of the TA's are IAM language so we wouldn't even have the TA's we have today because a standalone would never agree to that.

The IAM would be working feverishly to get cards signed and maybe we'd have a bit by now, which would have further pushed back negotiations.

To think that we'd be done by now, like if the Company didn't exist and would agree to TWU language no questions asked is really ludicrous. Especially coming off negotiations that spanned from 2007 to 2012.

I get you don't like the TWU, but you need to have better arguments. Maybe that's reason all the drives haven't amounted to anything and you're still TWU.

Are you implying we shouldn't learn from past mistakes? Little was a disaster for AA's AMTs. Going back to the 2003 concessionary agreement, what a complete idiot. Goes along with his mail order diploma I guess. Little's coup de grace though was putting us in this Association without a vote - which he openly lied about. I hope karma catches up with him.

We expect the company to want to penny pinch, and cut corners on cost. It's the behind the scenes BS the International pulls on the membership. TWU apologists are nothing new on this board. We know who deserves the blame in the past, and even now. Yes, to a degree our own membership is at fault - for not signing AMFA cards fast enough, and submitting to the NMB on time. But to ignore or pretend the TWU's past offenses against AA's AMTs would be a huge mistake.

You have had exclusively mechanics negotiate your CBA's for quite some time. It's getting old to have your perceived failures being blamed on everyone under the sun.

Mechanics negotiating for mechanics...seize the day.

You have had exclusively mechanics negotiate your CBA's for quite some time. It's getting old to have your perceived failures being blamed on everyone under the sun.

WRONG!! There have ALWAYS been flow throughs that applied equally to all Title groups. These items negotiated by the full committee.

Costed is verb showing past tense.

Dictionary

cost
/kôst/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: costed; past participle: costed
  1. 1.
    (of an object or action) require the payment of (a specified sum of money) before it can be acquired or done.
    "each issue of the magazine costs $2.25"
    synonyms: be priced at, sell for, be valued at, fetch, come to, amount to, be; More

2. 2.
    estimate the price of.
    "it is their job to plan and cost a media schedule for the campaign"
    synonyms: value, price, put a price on, put a value on, put a figure on, estimate the cost of, estimate the price of, evaluate
    "the proposal has not yet been costed"

WRONG!! There have ALWAYS been flow throughs that applied equally to all Title groups. These items negotiated by the full committee.

You had a standalone negotiating committee and a standalone contact. Fleet ratified their CBA first during the BK. Maintenance had full control of their destiny.

Fleet had a 100% SK day pay, while the Maintenance guys negotiated a 50% pay. Standalone.

You guys can point fingers, but the facts don't bear out.

Costed is verb showing past tense.

Dictionary

cost
/kôst/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: costed; past participle: costed
  1. 1.
    (of an object or action) require the payment of (a specified sum of money) before it can be acquired or done.
    "each issue of the magazine costs $2.25"
    synonyms: be priced at, sell for, be valued at, fetch, come to, amount to, be; More

2. 2.
    estimate the price of.
    "it is their job to plan and cost a media schedule for the campaign"
    synonyms: value, price, put a price on, put a value on, put a figure on, estimate the cost of, estimate the price of, evaluate
    "the proposal has not yet been costed"

Good grief. That should be revisited.

Either in 03 are 12 there was a fleet service president who voted to bring back the ta. For maintenance . We do not have a voice do not care what you say. If we had a voice we would have separate negotiations no flow thru items. Plus the problem is on the international side. We get no vote who is on the international that’s done by local 100. Why would a subway linemen be in charge with the air transportation international. You got the twu lies down very well the same that all twu Polly Anna’s have. You in the twu really need to get new lies. And the way it works is the company decides how much is set aside for the twu groups. Then the twu decides what group gets what. Like in maintenance we lost 4 hours of pay on sick time each occurrence was the first 2 days in 03. If we’re so separate when the company proposals came out that mechanics would make swa pay rate. Then the association had a video saying each group needs to get part of that pie. We will revisit that. Are something to that effect. Swa along with ups started a new market rate for amts but because the twu decides what group gets the money were screwed . And as a fleet service clerk why do you care what we do. You need to worry about you getting your 40 stations that maintenance is having to wait for y’all to get. And how do us as mechanics know who’s negotiating since there is no list and the updates are never signed.the twu has always been against mechanics and it always will be. They do enough to keep enough people from signing cards. Because they buy into the lies that you twu gurus are good at spreading.

I can see it my own hand.

The Association isn't the problem. We'd be worse off and further behind if it was a standalone union negotiating.

Your mind is made up so I don't think you'll have the ability to see things in any prism that isn't your own.

Most of the TA's are IAM language so we wouldn't even have the TA's we have today because a standalone would never agree to that.

The IAM would be working feverishly to get cards signed and maybe we'd have a bit by now, which would have further pushed back negotiations.

To think that we'd be done by now, like if the Company didn't exist and would agree to TWU language no questions asked is really ludicrous. Especially coming off negotiations that spanned from 2007 to 2012.

I get you don't like the TWU, but you need to have better arguments. Maybe that's reason all the drives haven't amounted to anything and you're still TWU.
i think the association benefitted me and lus. Took care of our seniority and i vastly advanced with major pay and benefit gains when you and the twu team agreed to support our stand alone iam negotiations. But its pretty clear now that having just one union would have been more beneficial.
TWU members clearly got boned with this. There isnt any evidence to support the thought that they have benefitted with the association.

Failure #1- Mechanics negotiating for mechanics.

Failure #2- Professional Negotiators maintaining aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts