American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest word from the IAM that I’m hearing is they are going to hold out and hope the pilots and F/A in their negotiations begin to pressure the company to go with the US insurance and bring leverage to the Ass negotiations
So yeah they going to continue to drag this out while we lose thousands and wait years for our deal

I can’t imagine that any deep thinking executive or union (appointed) officials would let that happen. Mechs are already upset, can you imagine if the other unions negotiated a second contract while we are still under BK contract.

But then again our executives, gave all employees EXCEPT association members a 4% raise, and the IAM TWU did not allow a vote and formed association rather then vote to have one union. So anything can happen.

Dream on brother we won’t see a vote for 2 years at least.
This whole process has been screwed from the very beginning and the rank and file are the ones suffering for it.
Those 6 figure salary so called leaders don’t give a damn either.

Saying 6 figures back in the 80s or 90s would have made sense. Currently AMTs are making 6 figures, so I would expect the union Reps would as well.

The latest word from the IAM that I’m hearing is they are going to hold out and hope the pilots and F/A in their negotiations begin to pressure the company to go with the US insurance and bring leverage to the Ass negotiations
So yeah they going to continue to drag this out while we lose thousands and wait years for our deal

Getting the "IAM medical" would be a concession. The IAM plan doesn't cover as much as the current AA plan. So lets get it right, we want the AA plan at the cost of what the IAM is paying for their plan.
Also, I dont think getting the IAM plan is a big agenda item for the pilots or FAs.

Reactions: bigjets
Getting the "IAM medical" would be a concession. The IAM plan doesn't cover as much as the current AA plan. So lets get it right, we want the AA plan at the cost of what the IAM is paying for their plan.
Also, I dont think getting the IAM plan is a big agenda item for the pilots or FAs.
I agree dont think its a priority for them either. Seems to be a priority for the iam .

But then again our executives, gave all employees EXCEPT association members a 4% raise, and the IAM TWU did not allow a vote and formed association rather then vote to have one union. So anything can happen.

The 4% was included as part of the Interim Wage Agreement.

The 4% was included as part of the Interim Wage Agreement.

Yes we did get that raise later on, but at the time we did not.

Just like the first year of this on going delay in a contract for us was strictly a union problem as GP took the union to court because of the association formation.

Dfw gen
I have said this numerous times before on this board. As a IAM rep, we didn’t really have much of a choice being the smaller percentage of agreeing to the association.

As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off.

But the point I have always tried to make is that it’s done. We can cry about it forever, ( yes some will ) or we can move on. I understand your frustrations. It’s frustrating for everyone at this point. And I know many on here say let the membership decide. But the few on here as far as I can tell, do not represent the majority.
Which again as far as I can tell, the majority, when I am in breakrooms briefing and answering questions on the fleet side anyways, says keep fighting.
Money and politics. That’s enough said. No we can vote the association out. Just keep costing us money each day enough will get upset to sign cards . I see AMFA. Soon

Dfw gen
I have said this numerous times before on this board. As a IAM rep, we didn’t really have much of a choice being the smaller percentage of agreeing to the association.

As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off.

But the point I have always tried to make is that it’s done. We can cry about it forever, ( yes some will ) or we can move on. I understand your frustrations. It’s frustrating for everyone at this point. And I know many on here say let the membership decide. But the few on here as far as I can tell, do not represent the majority.
Which again as far as I can tell, the majority, when I am in breakrooms briefing and answering questions on the fleet side anyways, says keep fighting.
Your Pollyanna keep say fighting on. The rest want our pay and benefit increase . And most do not care about future union due members. Get a clue you got your big raise now we want ours put up are shut up,get out of the way to a union who will get it for us. You greedy bunch of do what we say it’s easy for you to say that wait and fight you got your pay raise and raise our dues and tell us to wait till hell freezes over screw that . You hypocrite

I don't think the mechanics will stand for that. If they really do, as you state, wait for other groups to get to their economics and help apply pressure at that time for the US medical, since economics are handled at the very end and take the longest to nego., I would assume a card drive would get kicked off, or should I say I would expect.
Maybe NOW is the time mechanics.
Unless a Judge sets a fine or orders the asso to repay for the cancellations and delays I don't see you guys voting on anything for another 2 years minimum. Might as well pull the card drive trigger IMO. Forgot to leave this article:

American wants mechanics to pay for flight cancellations. Will it work?

Money and politics. That’s enough said. No we can vote the association out. Just keep costing us money each day enough will get upset to sign cards . I see AMFA. Soon
Agree, and hope it happens soon. What would be great is this Judge puts a huge fine on the asso. (and no the asso. cannot pass the fines down to the membership), in the mean time the mechanics do their card drive, are successful and the asso. is stuck with the Judges bill of fines and no more membership at AA and they still have to pay for it and with them (asso) removed they could NEVER even try to push the fines off on the memberships dues collections. Now that would be SWEET to watch...

Yes we did get that raise later on, but at the time we did not.

Just like the first year of this on going delay in a contract for us was strictly a union problem as GP took the union to court because of the association formation.

When announced, it was clear the raise would go with agreements. We're the only group to get the 4% without a JCBA.

Heard the same thing from ex TWA guy who supposedly heard it straight from Sito

Yeah, and I know a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy, that said Samuelson ain't putting up with this IAM crap much longer.

When announced, it was clear the raise would go with agreements. We're the only group to get the 4% without a JCBA.

We're also the only group that got an abomination known as the ASS shoved down our throats so whats your point? No LAA guy in their right mind, except you and weasel, would've voted for these ASS idiots. BTW, how much did your boy Little get paid, I'm sure you know? Just curious how much this hot mess actually costed, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts