American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the info I’ve heard that if we don’t get a TA with these meetings we are done till next year.
This is from the NMB and also folks in maint.
So hold on to your hats it’s going to be a bumpy ride
Limp thru the summer, offer false hope for the holidays....

Limp thru the summer, offer false hope for the holidays....

Well, that's perfect, another year with only 5 weeks vacation, only 5 sick days, and 1/2 pay on the first sick day. Not to mention no double time or double time and a half. Add to these, the other shortcomings, and I think everybody's motivation level is beyond exhausted. I really didn't think I could do less, but I'm gonna see if I can step it up to the same level as these negotiations.

Well, that's perfect, another year with only 5 weeks vacation, only 5 sick days, and 1/2 pay on the first sick day. Not to mention no double time or double time and a half. Add to these, the other shortcomings, and I think everybody's motivation level is beyond exhausted. I really didn't think I could do less, but I'm gonna see if I can step it up to the same level as these negotiations.
its not like they really give a shi t

Well look on the bright side, one thing did not stay the same. Our medical premiums went up.

American announces Kerry Philipovitch’s retirement; changes to Ops and Commercial leadership teams
10 minute read
Created by Caroline Clayton on Oct 10, 2019 10:20 AM

In a letter to team members today, President Robert Isom shared that Kerry Philipovitch, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, will retire at the end of the year as part of her long-term plan to explore new passions outside the industry. As a result, he shared how we will restructure our Operations and Commercial teams around operations, revenue, network and customer experience.

Team,

Today, we announced a realignment of our Commercial and Operation teams. This was sparked by Kerry Philipovitch’s decision to retire from American. Kerry informed me some time ago that she and her husband Dimitry had a long-term plan to explore new passions outside of the industry. While I’m sad to see Kerry go, given my confidence in her leadership and our personal friendship, I couldn’t be happier for her and can tell you she has more than earned this next chapter. She has agreed to stay with us until the end of the year to ensure a smooth transition.

We’re going to use this opportunity to restructure our Operations and Commercial teams around four key areas of the business: how we structure our network; how we offer that product to customers; how we deliver our product on time and with excellence; and how we ensure that while our guests are with us, we are caring for them at every point in their journey. We will align our Commercial and Operations groups around four pillars: Operations, Network Strategy, Revenue and Customer Experience.

Operations
The most important thing we can do to make culture a competitive advantage and deliver a world-class customer experience is run a safe and reliable operation. We haven’t been consistently hitting the mark, and that’s not fair to our team or our customers. There are several reasons why that’s been the case, but it’s our job to find a way past temporary difficulties and make American better every day. The good news is that we see it happening — September was one of our best months for on-time arrivals since the merger and October is off to an even stronger start. The changes we’re announcing today will help build on that momentum and ensure we’re operating better than ever by increasing coordination across all operations functions.

David Seymour will expand his responsibilities and assume leadership for all of American’s operations, furthered by two key changes to his organization:

• Jim Butler will oversee all Airport Operations and Cargo, leading both domestic and international airport ops. His track record there speaks for itself: our flagship international operation is running as well as ever and our Cargo operation has seen tremendous growth. Along with his current team, Jim will work with Joe Taney, who leads our Hubs and Gateways, and Donna Paladini, who oversees Domestic Field Stations. Suzanne Boda will continue to lead our LAX strategy, reporting to Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs Steve Johnson, and will work in close partnership with Jim and his team.
  • Devon May has been named to the new role of Senior Vice President of American Eagle and Operations Planning. Devon will continue to oversee American’s regional operations and will expand that leadership to the airline’s operations planning teams to make sure our regional and mainline operations are in lock-step. JonCarlo Gulbranson will continue to lead our Ops and Crew Performance groups, and Julie Rath will retain oversight of our Customer Experience Innovation and Delivery team. Both will report to Devon.

Jim and Devon round out the Operations leadership team, which includes Kevin Brickner over Technical Operations, Kimball Stone running Flight and the Integrated Operations Center, and Ron Thomas, who leads our Safety efforts.

With this, every group touching technical and airport operations will work more closely together to focus on running the safest and most reliable operation in our history.

Network Strategy
One of the most exciting parts of our business over the past two years has been our network. We’re strategically growing in our most profitable hubs at DFW and CLT. We’re venturing into new territory, such as next summer’s launch of service into Africa. And we’re building the best partnerships throughout the world with things like securing final approval for our Qantas joint business. No one connects the world better than American and our partners.

To continue this focus, Vasu Raja is being promoted to Senior Vice President of Network Strategy. Vasu will keep his current responsibilities overseeing our global network and will also assume oversight of alliances and partnerships. Joe Mohan, Vice President of Alliances and Partnerships, will report to Vasu. Together this team will keep us focused on competing aggressively now and into the future. American has the very best network, and this team will make sure it stays that way.

Revenue
With the world’s premier network, we need to offer it to customers in the best and most strategic ways. Don Casey will lead this effort. He will continue to oversee our Revenue Management team, led by Jim Fox, and will also partner with Alison Taylor, Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Distribution, to maximize our client base. Alison will report to Don in the new structure. Combining these two best-in-class revenue organizations will ensure revenue outperformance, as well as improved speed to market as it relates to the airline’s revenue initiatives.

Customer Experience
We know where we’re putting the planes. We know who we’re putting on them. And we know we’re taking them to their destinations safely and on time. But none of that means much if the customer experience isn’t one that sets us apart. Kurt Stache will assume responsibility for the customer journey. This includes those pieces he currently supports including Janelle Anderson over Global Marketing, Bridget Blaise-Shamai over Customer Loyalty and Insights and John Gustafson leading Digital Customer Experience.

Alice Curry will join Kurt’s team and continue to support our Customer Care groups. Jill Surdek is being promoted to Senior Vice President of Flight Service and will also report to Kurt. With significant integration milestones behind us, Jill will be in a great position to partner with the rest of Kurt’s team to support our customer journey and improve customers’ likelihood to recommend American.

Operations and Commercial Leadership Team
David, Vasu, Don and Kurt will all report directly to me, and Alison and Devon will round out our Commercial and Operations leadership team. These individuals will be a part of my staff meetings and bring the necessary visibility and accountability to the efforts and initiatives needed to excel in Operations, Revenue, Network Strategy and Customer Experience.

We have invested almost $30 billion since the merger to lay a strong foundation as the new American. Our product has keystones others can’t match, from the newest and most modern fleet to our industry-leading Wi-Fi and connectivity on board. No one offers a better premium experience to guests than we do. No one has revitalized their network in the way we have and no one can connect the world better. The key piece, of course, is our team. You are what makes the difference between just a flight and an experience. Our job is to give you the tools to care for customers on their journeys with us, and we know with this superb group of leaders at the helm, we will deliver.

why do they send this nonsense out to us? its not like we are actually part of the team.

22EFECAD-DAC7-48A7-A5C0-84BF99EBB5C6.jpeg

Lol nothing has been decide except more piping for us. Enjoy the holidays! See you next year.

Can not wait for Parkers spin at 3Q townhall

Not 100 percent optimistic on anything yet but I will say they don’t usually bring in the senior exces unless they are serious about getting a deal. Let’s just hope nobody felt the need to grandstand and do what’s best for all.
Waiting till next year won’t cut it that’s for certain

If it’s common sense to have a give and take during negotiations, why did Samuelson go on that rant 5 months ago.

Well at least he learned his lesson at the expense of 4 months of lost earnings for the membership, which he is not answerable to.
Hes likely the reason we didnt get parity with the holidays, cause it was definitely headed in that direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back