American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any gains should be retro back to when the contract became amendable, PERIOD!

agree 100%. no retro = the same as losing employees/dues for the union. this has to be a red line for the assoc., just like insurance is the red line drawn by the company.

the company will never, ever, again bargain in a timely manner if no retro is paid.

i can see full retro for some and partial retro for others. i hate to say it, but, it's the AMTs with the partial...too big a raise on DOS for full.

Theirs always going to be one! lol The TWU NEVER wanted maint. to be so far of head of fleet! That is why real trades guy made so much more than us!

Samuelson, Sito and Alex just gave your retro pay away for dropping lawsuit..
Had enough.....

Here is last weeks update, has anyone seen this weeks release?
Oh wait...

Negotiations Update
October 18, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to achieving the best contract in the industry.

Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases at the next meeting.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-10/18/19

Here is last weeks update, has anyone seen this weeks release?
Oh wait...

Negotiations Update
October 18, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to achieving the best contract in the industry.

Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases at the next meeting.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-10/18/19
Wow. That looks a lot like last weeks update... wait it is with a new date!
If there ever was a **** you issued to tge membership....

dfw...my first thought was exactly that...**** you to the members!
It does state the elected folks who are suppose to negotiate for us were briefed.
Now lets see if any of them have the balls to provide a real update or will they
stand behind the NMB's excuse of they can't talk about it.
I would hate to see any of them go to prison for any length of time though for
providing a factual, informative piece of info I may possibly be voting on in the future.
But that's just me...

agree 100%. no retro = the same as losing employees/dues for the union. this has to be a red line for the assoc., just like insurance is the red line drawn by the company.

the company will never, ever, again bargain in a timely manner if no retro is paid.

i can see full retro for some and partial retro for others. i hate to say it, but, it's the AMTs with the partial...too big a raise on DOS for full.

So the IAM AMTs are gonna get a taste of the TWUs historical disdain for for title 1?

There is still a soft deadline coming up, which is the start of the contempt hearing. It's been pushed back from October to the beginning of November.

That was done by mutual agreement between the Association and the airline.

It's plausible the airline is hoping to get a deal without that hammer, but it is there nonetheless.

At a certain point, the airline would give a final push and then turn to the other groups, while the legal stuff goes through the courts.
Just to clarify. Is it IYO that they agreed to push out the dates in hopes of getting a deal done first and then start dealing or settling the suit issues? This could be a good signal that they might come to a conclusion for the JCBA by Nov.? Trying to think positive here, but, waiting for the asso. to completely screw that up as usual again.

The "what" is obvious, they've been asking for it for the last few years. I think the airline would rather get a deal without using the hammer, and the Association may be trying to minimize the damage, but at a certain point that ends.

Since they start with the APA and the APFA soon, plus the contempt hearing is also on the calendar, seems time may be limited.

Hope the Association doesn't overplay their hand again.
I have a feeling if they do overplay, they are done, stick a fork in them.

Supposedly they are only going to recycle the update for two more weeks. Supposedly there will be a vote and contract by Christmas. Personally i dont beleive anything until i see it. And im not seeing anything.

Highly unlikely.
Yes and little timmy will have to eat crow over not getting made whole.

But your pushing a t.a. you havent even read? Timmy,timmt,timmy....
Typical of him. His mission is more important to him than the reality of the body within the language is obvious now. Been peeking before now, and now it is obvious.

I don't want Full Retro,I would be worried about my Federal Tax Bracket.
For just one lousy year? C'mon Buck you can't be serious? Demand the full retro, don't let the co. get away with pennies on the dollars.
You are correct, we did (or rather, will) take a hit this year on our tax brackets for getting full retro/bonuses/snap up all same year. However, I am more than willing to do so in order to get back what is owed for waiting so long. BTW; What many guys did here was jacked up their 401K's to the max (catch up program for all over 50) and that really helped a bit when we received our bonuses, retro, and snap ups. So make adjustments as required to help offset the hit. But it's only for one year of wages earned then back to the normal taxes that Trump successfully lowered for all us middle class folks which wa approx 3% for each tax bracket that we are in. Sorry Buck, but I just cannot agree with not wanting "full retro" just because it "might" put you into the next tax bracket for one year of earnings. As in our case it pays off for future contracts to come by holding the co. to full retro and making everyone whole again. This way it does not give the co. that part of an incentive to drag out contracts in the future, and that will pay off way more than a single year of tax bracket jump. Not hammering you just the way I look at it is all.

That should be a no go for the AMT's then. I know dfw gen warned about holding out for "full retro" but it might determine how much that gap is. In order to get full retro after a first offer not full retro you would have to have a huge no vote returned and the membership all united and on the same page. It is just nearly impossible to do this in this asso. that represents way too many different groups with different issues and exactly WHY the AMT's to fire them and get a C&C union in there to represent their needs and their needs only, that simple...

Last edited:
Yes and little timmy will have to eat crow over not getting made whole.

Typical of him. His mission is more important to him than the reality of the body within the language is obvious now. Been peeking before now, and now it is obvious.

For just one lousy year? C'mon Buck you can't be serious? Demand the full retro, don't let the co. get away with pennies on the dollars.
You are correct, we did (or rather, will) take a hit this year on our tax brackets for getting full retro/bonuses/snap up all same year. However, I am more than willing to do so in order to get back what is owed for waiting so long. BTW; What many guys did here was jacked up their 401K's to the max (catch up program for all over 50) and that really helped a bit when we received our bonuses, retro, and snap ups. So make adjustments as required to help offset the hit. But it's only for one year of wages earned then back to the normal taxes that Trump successfully lowered for all us middle class folks which wa approx 3% for each tax bracket that we are in. Sorry Buck, but I just cannot agree with not wanting "full retro" just because it "might" put you into the next tax bracket for one year of earnings. As in our case it pays off for future contracts to come by holding the co. to full retro and making everyone whole again. This way it does not give the co. that part of an incentive to drag out contracts in the future, and that will pay off way more than a single year of tax bracket jump. Not hammering you just the way I look at it is all.
Buck I forgot to add: By jumping our 401K contributions we paid in full for retirement in Aug instead of Oct-Nov. therefore we sort of got a raise for the rest of the year and helped out for the holidays and X-mas cost. Even though our contributions were maxed out the co still match each and every payday at max for the rest of the year so well worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back