American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, you add the lack of info from the Ass, which by the way has been their way of business from day one of their existence, and the company pulling their so called "proposal" from Jetnet as a sure sign of NMB heavy hand towards the releasing of info? Why was Southwest negotiations visible by the workers, even saw some agreements and discussions on the recent UAW contract negotiations before they reached a TA. I guess somehow ours are top secret, nothing at all to do with the pathetic Ass...and what, FA goes to prison for life if he tells us seven weeks of vacation was discussed and tentatively agreed to? Sorry, not buying it. You even have negotiators who are not allowed to negotiate briefed, yet they can't brief the folks they represent...really???
I would love to kick the association to the curb.

Really, you add the lack of info from the Ass, which by the way has been their way of business from day one of their existence, and the company pulling their so called "proposal" from Jetnet as a sure sign of NMB heavy hand towards the releasing of info? Why was Southwest negotiations visible by the workers, even saw some agreements and discussions on the recent UAW contract negotiations before they reached a TA. I guess somehow ours are top secret, nothing at all to do with the pathetic Ass...and what, FA goes to prison for life if he tells us seven weeks of vacation was discussed and tentatively agreed to? Sorry, not buying it. You even have negotiators who are not allowed to negotiate briefed, yet they can't brief the folks they represent...really???
You really have to wonder why the proposal was removed from jetnet. The way things are being handled only increases the mistrust of both the company and the Association. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who trusted them.

The Association doesn't know how to properly negotiate. That's from being at the table to communicating to knowing what the membership needs They pieced this whole association thing as they were going along just for the greed of $$$$$.
It's sad that we get nothing in updates other than bulletin boards and uniforms. At this point of negotiations we should be told exactly where we are at. We deserve to be kept up to date. This affects us the membership. The NMB is there to keep things moving but we really don't know which train is moving on which track. Even the big mouth is quiet. That is surprisingly upsetting.

I was not at all surprised by today’s update such as it is.
the NMB must have to parties scared that they will shut it down if more info comes out.
That would seem to indicate the court issue is a big part of this so unless they want more issues with the court they have to stay silent. Just a guess but it’s likely
Still do we actually get an agreement this year, who knows it’s just so frustrating and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it

Yes and little timmy will have to eat crow over not getting made whole.

Typical of him. His mission is more important to him than the reality of the body within the language is obvious now. Been peeking before now, and now it is obvious.

For just one lousy year? C'mon Buck you can't be serious? Demand the full retro, don't let the co. get away with pennies on the dollars.
You are correct, we did (or rather, will) take a hit this year on our tax brackets for getting full retro/bonuses/snap up all same year. However, I am more than willing to do so in order to get back what is owed for waiting so long. BTW; What many guys did here was jacked up their 401K's to the max (catch up program for all over 50) and that really helped a bit when we received our bonuses, retro, and snap ups. So make adjustments as required to help offset the hit. But it's only for one year of wages earned then back to the normal taxes that Trump successfully lowered for all us middle class folks which wa approx 3% for each tax bracket that we are in. Sorry Buck, but I just cannot agree with not wanting "full retro" just because it "might" put you into the next tax bracket for one year of earnings. As in our case it pays off for future contracts to come by holding the co. to full retro and making everyone whole again. This way it does not give the co. that part of an incentive to drag out contracts in the future, and that will pay off way more than a single year of tax bracket jump. Not hammering you just the way I look at it is all.

Not serious

Reactions: swamt
i'm not trying to take $$ out of anyone's pocket.

i'm just guessing that aa would be willing to pay retro on it's original AMT DOS raise, not that and the southwest raise match.

it may sound hypocritical for fleet, but aa's original +3% more than delta, that will prob turn out +3% after delta's 4% oct. 1 raise, they would be inclined to pay that.

AMTs are looking at $5-$6 raise on DOS x 13-14 months of hours?

FSCs are looking at apprx. $2.40 raise on DOS x 13-14 months of hours?

as of today, 7,467 TWU title 1 AMTs and 10,061 TWU title 3 FSCs. i realize that not all are maxed out nor close to maxing out.

maybe aa would pay both, full retro, and then pull any signing bonus?

we aren't there to know..i'm just guessing/assuming. what's clear is that everything is contested by the company, in an unprecedented era of record airline profits.
Full retro or no new contract. If you do not hold them to it they WILL continue this bull shite in the future.

No, we have catch up but we also have expenses.
We all do. But what does going all in when you are receiving a huge payday stops that? My Lord, I must ask, is a 4-5 year pay freeze, and then all of a sudden you guys get a huge retro payment for those 4-5 years, and a possible bonus, for all hours worked? You could not change your deductions and 401K to help with the taxes for now? For the pay periods of the retro checks and bonuses should not hurt anyone as far as their "expenses". Pls elaborate a bit if I am off a bit.

Somebody that gets it folks...

I was not at all surprised by today’s update such as it is.
the NMB must have to parties scared that they will shut it down if more info comes out.
That would seem to indicate the court issue is a big part of this so unless they want more issues with the court they have to stay silent. Just a guess but it’s likely
Still do we actually get an agreement this year, who knows it’s just so frustrating and there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it
The guessing games continue as this abortion asso. keeps everyone in the dark until, what? Yes you guessed it, "T/A DAY" as I have said from the get go----fuking pathetic!

We all do. But what does going all in when you are receiving a huge payday stops that? My Lord, I must ask, is a 4-5 year pay freeze, and then all of a sudden you guys get a huge retro payment for those 4-5 years, and a possible bonus, for all hours worked? You could not change your deductions and 401K to help with the taxes for now? For the pay periods of the retro checks and bonuses should not hurt anyone as far as their "expenses". Pls elaborate a bit if I am off a bit.
IF AND IF we get retro it will be from the amenable date of September 2018. I have a bad feeling something will all of a sudden pop up. That lawsuit will come into play at the expense of the membership and the loud mouth idiot will continue on his merry way.

At least they are making some progress. all the rest is rumor or conjecture.
Let's hope so. But like he said, it's all guesses and rumors since "0.0" updates are being relayed to everyone. Just makes for an ununited and divided membership get even more ununited and divided. What a freakin nighmare.

IF AND IF we get retro it will be from the amenable date of September 2018. I have a bad feeling something will all of a sudden pop up. That lawsuit will come into play at the expense of the membership and the loud mouth idiot will continue on his merry way.
I forgot your AD is 9-18. I keep thinking 4 -5 years of retro and backpay as you guys have been in talks for this long, so right now it's only 1 yr.? C'mon, there should be no problem with AA paying full retro for only a little over 1 year. I don't blame you for thinking negatively about something popping up, it always seems to with this asso. as well in the past with the TWU. Of course the loudmouth will continue on his merry way, he got his pay and the dues just keep flowing in, so he's a happy camper all the while the membership struggles through all this crap with no raises and nothing restored in the BK contract they still have to live under.
Maybe they will release something at the monthly meeting later this month. I read somewhere where they might. Should be a packed union meeting if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.