American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck I forgot to add: By jumping our 401K contributions we paid in full for retirement in Aug instead of Oct-Nov. therefore we sort of got a raise for the rest of the year and helped out for the holidays and X-mas cost. Even though our contributions were maxed out the co still match each and every payday at max for the rest of the year so well worth it...
We had the same until Jim Little sold us out in 2003. History repeats itself and it did in 2012. As I look down the road I see the sign for Retirement Blvd. If I look in the mirror I see the words etched Concessions and the horizon just fades away because it's been so long when we had 7 weeks VC with 15 accrued sick days and were able to max out our 401k by September.

We had the same until Jim Little sold us out in 2003. History repeats itself and it did in 2012. As I look down the road I see the sign for Retirement Blvd. If I look in the mirror I see the words etched Concessions and the horizon just fades away because it's been so long when we had 7 weeks VC with 15 accrued sick days and were able to max out our 401k by September.
Thats why i try to give maximum effort!

Holy crap! They took the ability for you guys to "catch-up" for the 50 plus guys? You got to be kidding me?? It's a NO COST to the co. at all. They just continue what ever their max contribution is at the time. It's the employees who endure the cost of their contribution going into their retirement. If this is the case, that it just terrible. This co. really does hate it's employees. Stopping the employees from investing what they really want to invest at no cost to them is simply pathetic. Did I read your post wrong???

That should be a no go for the AMT's then. I know dfw gen warned about holding out for "full retro" but it might determine how much that gap is. In order to get full retro after a first offer not full retro you would have to have a huge no vote returned and the membership all united and on the same page. It is just nearly impossible to do this in this asso. that represents way too many different groups with different issues and exactly WHY the AMT's to fire them and get a C&C union in there to represent their needs and their needs only, that simple...

i'm not trying to take $$ out of anyone's pocket.

i'm just guessing that aa would be willing to pay retro on it's original AMT DOS raise, not that and the southwest raise match.

it may sound hypocritical for fleet, but aa's original +3% more than delta, that will prob turn out +3% after delta's 4% oct. 1 raise, they would be inclined to pay that.

AMTs are looking at $5-$6 raise on DOS x 13-14 months of hours?

FSCs are looking at apprx. $2.40 raise on DOS x 13-14 months of hours?

as of today, 7,467 TWU title 1 AMTs and 10,061 TWU title 3 FSCs. i realize that not all are maxed out nor close to maxing out.

maybe aa would pay both, full retro, and then pull any signing bonus?

we aren't there to know..i'm just guessing/assuming. what's clear is that everything is contested by the company, in an unprecedented era of record airline profits.

Holy crap! They took the ability for you guys to "catch-up" for the 50 plus guys? You got to be kidding me?? It's a NO COST to the co. at all. They just continue what ever their max contribution is at the time. It's the employees who endure the cost of their contribution going into their retirement. If this is the case, that it just terrible. This co. really does hate it's employees. Stopping the employees from investing what they really want to invest at no cost to them is simply pathetic. Did I read your post wrong???
No, we have catch up but we also have expenses.

Buck I forgot to add: By jumping our 401K contributions we paid in full for retirement in Aug instead of Oct-Nov. therefore we sort of got a raise for the rest of the year and helped out for the holidays and X-mas cost. Even though our contributions were maxed out the co still match each and every payday at max for the rest of the year so well worth it...

Super well worth it. Shame the Association doesn't seem to put much value on 401k's.

In many cases, you can also ease your tax bill by increasing your HSA contributions.

So the IAM AMTs are gonna get a taste of the TWUs historical disdain for for title 1?

Reactions: swamt
October 18, 2019 Negotiations Update
October 18, 2019
Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and
the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to
achieving the best contract in the industry.
Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases
at the next meeting.

October 18, 2019
Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and
the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to
Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases
at the next meeting.

I hear conflicting info from the IAM guys I work with and the twu guys, so I'm guessing the negotiating committee is being very tight lipped and not giving any info.

October 18, 2019
at the next meeting.
Ok guys I sent this latest update to my psychic and she will ask the crystal ball to read between the lines. I'm optimistic the next update will reveal part 2.

I hear conflicting info from the IAM guys I work with and the twu guys, so I'm guessing the negotiating committee is being very tight lipped and not giving any info.
Uhhhh, that's what Parker said in a meeting. The NMB mediators gave a hush up directive. Between the very vaque updates and the proposals pulled from Jetnet and the increased meetings it doesn't take much to figure this out. At this point everyone is just guessing and spreading rumors of fear and disappointment. Like ATD said in a post We should have signed a card.

Uhhhh, that's what Parker said in a meeting. The NMB mediators gave a hush up directive. Between the very vaque updates and the proposals pulled from Jetnet and the increased meetings it doesn't take much to figure this out. At this point everyone is just guessing and spreading rumors of fear and disappointment. Like ATD said in a post We should have signed a card.
Really, you add the lack of info from the Ass, which by the way has been their way of business from day one of their existence, and the company pulling their so called "proposal" from Jetnet as a sure sign of NMB heavy hand towards the releasing of info? Why was Southwest negotiations visible by the workers, even saw some agreements and discussions on the recent UAW contract negotiations before they reached a TA. I guess somehow ours are top secret, nothing at all to do with the pathetic Ass...and what, FA goes to prison for life if he tells us seven weeks of vacation was discussed and tentatively agreed to? Sorry, not buying it. You even have negotiators who are not allowed to negotiate briefed, yet they can't brief the folks they represent...really???

Reactions: Talos
Status
Not open for further replies.