American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s honestly Crema who being a little more reasonable to the conversation than you are Irish actually.

Chill out, pay attention and listen to the guy.

You do currently have some minefields the Company wants to put in front of you more than we have right now (In Fleet)

what can you do? the guy is angry. he wants his insurance and if he doesn't get it, it's laa fsc fault. idiots and closed-minded individuals? ok.

can we 'un-merge', decouple...so, he can keep his insurance? my bet is that the former america west and us air captains of industry will choose to be executives of laa, not lus.

i wonder why? phl-buf is picking up, right?

what can you do? the guy is angry. he wants his insurance and if he doesn't get it, it's laa fsc fault. idiots and closed-minded individuals? ok.

can we 'un-merge', decouple...so, he can keep his insurance? my bet is that the former america west and us air captains of industry will choose to be executives of laa, not lus.

i wonder why? phl-buf is picking up, right?

While we are at it unwind TWA too.

Josh

Wall street said if US didn't find more size they would not survive so you merged deal with it blame Parker not me he is the one who started this merger not me AA would have been fine as a single carrier

Yes they would have so what. Without the merger you’d still be under the Bankruptcy wages too. Absolutely not where you are now.

And AA probably would have merged under Horton and not had to offer us crap to put it together.

Mr Bricks in a backpack would still be around.

BTW I hate Sports and the Sports mentality too. “My team is better than yours ha ha”

Never mind Crema, you are just an ignorant closed minded individual. Obviously it's LUS's fault that AA filed Bankruptcy, obviously its LUS's fault that the TWU CBA sucks, Obviously its LUS's fault that you didn't get all the seniority that you think you deserve. You must be the person who is never at fault at all huh? News flash, LUS didn't make AA file bankruptcy. But hey I can't stop you from playing the blame game.
I got this,

No it wasn't LUS fault for filing BK, Arpey held out not to file, to my understanding. It was Horton that couldn't beat a path fast enough, the only thing that sucked for me in that BK contract was losing my pension before I had enough time, and not to come to the defense of the weez, but none of us on the LAA side lost any seniority do to this merger, yes some that were in a different title group came to the ramp with new hire occ time but they didn't lose pay or vaca. I didn't want this marriage between our two airlines, but you can't put the chit back in the horse. I had always thought, and still think LUS is a low cost budget carrier that is no better than Allegiant , Ryan, or some other Walmart shopper type clientele airline. Just saying, and keeping it real.

Last edited:
I got this,

No it wasn't LUS fault for filing BK, Arpey held out not to file, to my understanding. It was Horton that couldn't beat a path fast enough, the only thing that sucked for me in that BK contract was losing my pension before I had enough time, and not to come to the defense of the weez, but none of us on the LAA side lost any seniority do to this merger, yes some that were in a different title group came to the ramp with new hire occ time but they didn't lose pay or vaca. I didn't want this marriage between our two airlines, but you can't put the chit back in the horse. I had always thought, and still think LUS is a low cost budget carrier that is no better than Allegiant , Ryan, or some other Walmart shopper type clientele airline. Just saying, and keeping it real.

Actually without the merger you might still be Part Time and only earning in the $24 range. We wouldn’t be over $30 now and you absolutely wouldn’t be running out overblown calculations on how much money you’re going to be making if they took the online offer.

We also wouldn’t have received as much Equity as we did and I wouldn’t have made a killing investing in US before the merger was finalized.

Every single Airline Creditor and Analyst was gung ho for the merger and said the AA Stand-alone Cornerstone plan stunk like skunk roadkill.

But thumbs up that you never wanted the Marriage Bob. Ho Ho Ho.

Actually without the merger you might still be Part Time and only earning in the $24 range. We wouldn’t be over $30 now and you absolutely wouldn’t be running out overblown calculations on how much money you’re going to be making if they took the online offer.

We also wouldn’t have received as much Equity as we did and I wouldn’t have made a killing investing in US before the merger was finalized.

Every single Airline Creditor and Analyst was gung ho for the merger and said the AA Stand-alone Cornerstone plan stunk like skunk roadkill.

But thumbs up that you never wanted the Marriage Bob. Ho Ho Ho.
Yep, you know this as fact, you are a genius weez.

What I’m asking is ....since you are stating that it will pass, I assume that means you are either asking or talking with members to ascertain their position. So what are you saying to them when they tell you they would vote yes?

There is nothing to vote on so how can anyone be told to vote yes, as a matter of fact, there isn't even an official counter-proposal to the Association's counter from December.

The reason I think something would pass that is similar to what the airline has released is that of the general frustration being felt on the overall process.

There has been little to no communication on the process, and there hasn't been any communication as to how difficult this would end up being and the time it would take. Members are tired of being in the unknown, they don't say they will vote yes, but they do share they want to see what's on the table.

Last summer, they heard how the IAM wouldn't participate in the protests, I tried explaining the IAM's perspective, but it was just pushed to the side. The belief was there was great progress made, and we would be getting a deal "soon."

That "soon" didn't materialize, frustrations rose.

It also didn't help how it was brought up that the IAM was celebrating a paid holiday at double time, while we were working for straight-time. The information released by the Company has shown some that there is something to gain and they're eager to get there. Since we haven't had a period of trying to understand each other and explain each other's point of view, we are now in the midst of a certain amount of apathy.

This goes way back to the beginning when the TWU accepted then refused an invitation to reconcile the two CBA's. Then we have the lawsuit against the Association that slowed things down again. Then we had the criticism of the IAM for taking time to close-out their standalone. There was little communication of the IAM's willingness to close those negotiations out to try to make gains they felt they deserved going back to their 2005 BK. There was criticism that the IAM was stalling. ALL those things have an impact, and if you go back to these pages, I tried to explain those things only to be called names and have the material discounted.

I've shared those stories with anyone who asked and wanted to know how I felt. Unfortunately, those arguments above were louder and even championed by a few posters to this site who seem to go from one end to another depending on the current circumstances.

Some of us were willing to look ahead and anticipate what comes next, while others just thought everything was peachy. We should have had the conversations about the IAM medical several months ago, but all that was said was that it had survived 2 BK's and it was going to survive now. As it stands, the medical seems more imperiled today than it ever has, and that is unfortunate, but at the same time, it wasn't a subject that anyone wanted to breach until now.

Yep, you know this as fact, you are a genius weez.

Uh yes I do cause I’m actually living it. Without a merger there would have been no need to start any processes for JCBA’s. So why would the old AA had opened up contracts to make improvements.

Besides the fact it was the Creditors who were demanding a 5 year deal with Labor if they were going to take losses in the BK.

Ultimately they didn’t and were made whole because of the Merger.

He must have documented proof.

Let’s once again read some of your hypotheticals on how Standalone AA would have brought us all up to over $30 per hour?

But of course there isn’t any documentation on speculations, what if’s and no proof “absolutes”

BTW did Sidney Jimenez miss the COPE Conference again this year?

726B0817-1997-4C7C-B9FD-CBF382EDF026.jpeg

Uh yes I do cause I’m actually living it. Without a merger there would have been no need to start any processes for JCBA’s. So why would the old AA had opened up contracts to make improvements.

Besides the fact it was the Creditors who were demanding a 5 year deal with Labor if they were going to take losses in the BK.

Ultimately they didn’t and were made whole because of the Merger.
I disagree, so why don't you write the real reason for the raises 2 years ago.

I disagree, so why don't you write the real reason for the raises 2 years ago.

Without a merger and the industry still semi fragmented Delta would not have given dramatic raises and neither would/ could any other carrier either.

Certainly not an absolute but that was what every Airline Creditor and Analysts were saying.

People much smarter than us little ramp rats and wrench monkeys. And the Radio Shack guy too.

I urge all involved to keep their eyes on the prize.
We have all suffered poor contacts, past and current. We have a golden opportunity to get a great contract but we have only one shot at it. If we don't get all reasonable requests now, you won't see them any time soon.
Patience is a virtue! Stop the in fighting and support the NC.
No one should have to lose anything in a fair contract under current conditions. Stay the course and everyone benefts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back