American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's tossing stones, me, and just who are you to say I have ZERO right. You ........[Deleted]

You have ZERO right cause your own personal house is made of shattered glass.

You know there’s actual feeling people behind all these keyboards Bob.

Circular firing squads sure are fun!

Look, the reality is there are a lot more “Bob’s” out there than anyone wants to admit; he’s just willing to say it out loud. I don’t like it, but it’s true.

The company had no intention of bargaining any medical other than the AA medical. The company and CWA somehow agreed to a CBA without the medical being decided. The agreement was that the company would continue to talk about any medical the CWA presented. But if the two sides couldn’t agree then the CWA would default to the AA PLAN. So the company just bided their time and let the agreed upon period of time elapse and then imposed their medical

You recall on the TWU side we’re also supposed to have a “Mutually agreed to revenue gain sharing program”

Company did the same thing and stonewalled that idea until there was just no reason to talk about it any longer.

The CWA was stupid to have open ended language for Medical and our Association shouldn’t be as stupid as other groups that went in and rushed to their deals all having buyers remorse now.

Edit: And even though it’s been said in different places there are no “me too’s” that I’ve been able to find in any other contracts regarding anyone else capturing a lower medical price.

Last edited:
Circular firing squads sure are fun!

Look, the reality is there are a lot more “Bob’s” out there than anyone wants to admit; he’s just willing to say it out loud. I don’t like it, but it’s true.

Of course there are plenty of Bobs and if you don’t try to understand them and reason with them there numbers only grow larger as they shut down from even listening.

PJ when you actually sit down and take the time to explain your situation to the average TWU Agent you’d be very surprised how many are completely supportive. Don’t let a few rock throwers on a dead message board be your barometer to gauge an entire group.

The fact is it needs to be explained to people what’s happening here and as a friend of mine states “The Difficulties” really couldn’t just be put to paper and thrown out for mass consumption.

Those needed to be explained to TWU Local Presidents who should have explained these things at their Union meetings and through many multiple field walks. That’s the ONLY way to do it right.

i sympathize...especially with the fact that former us air & america west captains of the airline industry juggernauts want to cut jobs in lus strongholds. i would not be happy with this.

the medical? i don't see the company bending...if they do, throw a party. best case scenario? if we meet in the middle. laa won't like that (perception or reality is that we lost compensation somewhere else to appease lus) and lus won't like that either (concession).

on the flip side - i watched lus get a stand alone contract to get to our pay levels. i saw my company seniority not count, while various lus employees get to keep seniority. i don't gripe about holiday pay...i know it sticks in the craw of some laa guys.

if we do end up maxing out at $36.50-$36.25/hr, i'd be hard pressed to sympathize about someone's medical insurance when they were earning $19.95/hr with super insurance, prior to the merger. does PJ believe that laa route structure and fleet have nothing to do with him earning $30.85/hr right now?

he's going to blame laa guys if he doesn't get to keep his lus insurance??

i sympathize...especially with the fact that former us air & america west captains of the airline industry juggernauts want to cut jobs in lus strongholds. i would not be happy with this.

the medical? i don't see the company bending...if they do, throw a party. best case scenario? if we meet in the middle. laa won't like that (perception or reality is that we lost compensation somewhere else to appease lus) and lus won't like that either (concession).

on the flip side - i watched lus get a stand alone contract to get to our pay levels. i saw my company seniority not count, while various lus employees get to keep seniority. i don't gripe about holiday pay...i know it sticks in the craw of some laa guys.

if we do end up maxing out at $36.50-$36.25/hr, i'd be hard pressed to sympathize about someone's medical insurance when they were earning $19.95/hr with super insurance, prior to the merger. does PJ believe that laa route structure and fleet have nothing to do with him earning $30.85/hr right now?

Crema I’d rather let our guys continue to Negotiate this out.

And why wouldn’t a LAA guy like a meet in the middle if that happened? Especially a guy with a Family. Of course he would. I have a feeling like me you’re single? So no I’ve admitted before for me the Medical is not near the top of my priorities list and that’s even after the Heart Attack last year.

But Crema there are people out there that place a very high focus on that Medical. I can’t blame them.

Anyway you’re not that much different than Bob. You have a laser focus on those wages. That too can be subsidized from another end like a tube of toothpaste.

Anyway right now the Company is far away from what you say is adequate on wages anyway. Very far off.

BTW did you see the chart on Medical that Peterson put up in his last video? Absolutely ridiculous.

the perception and/or reality will be that us, at laa, lost compensation elsewhere to satisfy lus. that's what i stated. i'm not openly or secretly cheering for lus to lose their insurance, i'm looking at this realistically. if it was 1951, we would have more arrows in our quiver to try and coerce the company to give us all lus insurance. unfortunately, it's not. when everything and anything is considered a job action by today's courts...the company can dig in on this.

as far as a laser focus on wages...well, it looks like lus had a laser focus on wages to get to our pay level when they reached their stand-alone contract.

let's remember what our ancestors did...'b' scale, 'c' scale. wages. lower wages for new hires to increase their TOS wages.

Creme,
Are you fleet?

if i was an AMT, would you have told me about the o/h jobs the company wants to eliminate?

you can...but, i'm talking fleet realm. i'm aware of the lus catering jobs and i said i'd be angry about that.

the perception and/or reality will be that us, at laa, lost compensation elsewhere to satisfy lus. that's what i stated. i'm not openly or secretly cheering for lus to lose their insurance, i'm looking at this realistically. if it was 1951, we would have more arrows in our quiver to try and coerce the company to give us all lus insurance. unfortunately, it's not. when everything and anything is considered a job action by today's courts...the company can dig in on this.

as far as a laser focus on wages...well, it looks like lus had a laser focus on wages to get to our pay level when they reached their stand-alone contract.

let's remember what our ancestors did...'b' scale, 'c' scale. wages. lower wages for new hires to increase their TOS wages.

I just think we could be really close to the endgame here and people should just chill out a little bit and see what direction this takes?

BTW Crema yea they grabbed some wages in 2014 but they also didn’t throw their Medical in the bin to get those wages. They obviously weren’t asked to do that again in 2016.

BTW I’m not going to write it out publicly here but I heard some little birdies say how we all got those raises “for real” 2 years ago. And it wasn’t out of the extreme generous kindness of Steven Johnsen that really made that happen.

So maybe there are still a few arrows left in that quiver after all?

BTW I’m not going to write it out publicly here but I heard some little birdies say how we all got those raises “for real” 2 years ago. And it wasn’t out of the extreme generous kindness of Steven Johnsen that really made that happen.

So maybe there are still a few arrows left in that quiver after all?

hmmm...i hope you're correct.

if you are correct, i'm guessing those arrows are flying to save o/h jobs, not lus insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back